My Post Combine Mock on Draft Debacled

http://draftdebacled.com/publisheddraft.aspx?mdid=32937

For those who want a quick take on Bengal picks:

1. Kenny Vaccaro S Tex
He is still the top S, but his slower than expected 40 should drop him to us at 21.
2. Eddie Lacy RB Bama
Many expect him to go late first. Teams like Denver, Atlanta, GB, and Detroit have been linked to Lacy. Atl is rumored to make a move on Steve Jackson, Detroit has bigger needs plus may sign Bush. Denver has bugger needs in secondary and DL. GB have bigger needs at OL and secondary. So knowing that, there is a good chance Lacy could fall to 37.

2. Marquise Goodwin WR TeX
Speedy WR who could push Sanu and Jones. He could also replace Hawk if he bolts next year. This year he replaces Tate and gives us a potentially dynamic KR.

The first two would be awesome, but it would be quite surprising if either of them make it to those picks.

Goodwin is a good round too early IMO. Maybe 2. Also, I can't imagine Hawk going anywhere.  He's a RFA this year and will likely get a modest multi-yr extension.

You are probably right about the first two, but both will have to have good pro days. I have a tough time seeing a 4.6 40 going in top 20. That hurt Vaccaro some. Lacys fate will likely be determined how said teams address needs before draft.

You are probably right about the first two, but both will have to have good pro days. I have a tough time seeing a 4.6 40 going in top 20. That hurt Vaccaro some. Lacys fate will likely be determined how said teams address needs before draft.

won't hurt vacarro any.  He's shown on tape he plays faster than that and is capable of being a cover corner.

won't hurt vacarro any.  He's shown on tape he plays faster than that and is capable of being a cover corner.

Maybe. The likely suitors to want him are NO, Rams, and Steelers. NO, I see going after a pass rusher. The Steelers may have a top CB or pass rusher to choose from. Rams would worry me, but they may decide to go OL first.

Another thing to think about is that the Bengals seem to have had uncanny luck having top prospects at need positions fall to them in recent drafts. Maybe their luck will hold.

The first two would be awesome, but it would be quite surprising if either of them make it to those picks.

Goodwin is a good round too early IMO. Maybe 2. Also, I can't imagine Hawk going anywhere.  He's a RFA this year and will likely get a modest multi-yr extension.

I wouldn't be surprised if they make it to those picks.  With Lacy it all depends on his pro day on March 13.  Vacarro didn't do as well as expected at the combine.  I think it's borderline whether he makes it to 21.  If he get's past the Rams and Steelers and nobody trades up for him then Vaccaro is ours.

I would take someone like Quinton Patton at 53.  I think he could just be there.

Archived