Free Agency is OPEN

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
Chris Canty is a big five-technique defensive lineman, only 30 years old. 6-7, 317 pounds. This should help the defense a lot.

Meh. He's pretty good, never more than that.

Cowboys drafted him, and he's definitely a 3-4 DE. Plays the run well, but really doesn't give you much re: pass rush.

Depending on who is there, I'd be very pleased with him at #21

if they can take care of what they need to in free agency, Brown and Burfict together would be awesome.  

Everyone is saying the #Dolphins won the first few hours of free agency... eh, I am not impressed. They gave elite money to good players.

MIke Goodson.

The sleeper running back I believe the Bengals are targeting (he's flying to Cinci tonight): http://yhoo.it/Y9hZR9

kansas-city-chiefs-v-oakland-20121216-17

Mike Goodson rushed for 221 yards on 35 carries for the Raiders last season. (Getty Images)

Free-agent running back  will fly to Cincinnati Tuesday night and visit the Bengals' facility on Wednesday, according to a source familiar with the player's plans.

Goodson, a fifth-year veteran who spent the 2012 season with the Oakland Raiders, has attracted interest from several teams, including the New York Jets and Dallas Cowboys. The Bengals theoretically could take him off the market as early as Wednesday if he has a positive experience at the team's training facility and if the organization can come up with a financial package to his liking.

Cincinnati is looking for a back to split the workload with incumbent starter BenJarvus Green-Ellis, who signed a three-year deal with the team as an unrestricted free agent last March. Green-Ellis, a sixth-year veteran, carried 278 times for 1,094 yards (3.9 average) and six touchdowns last season.

While the 5-foot-11, 220-pound Green-Ellis is a grinder who lacks breakaway speed, the fleet-footed Goodson (6-0, 210) would be a logical complement. Goodson, who joined the Raiders after three seasons with the Carolina Panthers, made the most of his limited opportunities in Oakland, gaining 221 yards on 35 carries (6.3 average) and another 195 yards on 16 receptions.

On Tuesday, former Cardinals running back Beanie Wells visited the Bengals’ facility. Wells, cut by Arizona on Monday, is apparently exploring other options while Cincinnati explores the possibility of landing Goodson.

During the 87-hour "legal tampering" period leading up to the start of free agency Tuesday, the Bengals expressed interest in several other running backs, including Reggie Bush and Rashard Mendenhall. However, Bush, formerly of the Dolphins, was deemed too pricey for the team's tastes (he's reportedly being pursued by the Detroit Lions). Mendenhall, a former first-round draft choice of the Pittsburgh Steelers, is being wooed aggressively by the Dolphins, according to a source familiar with the player's situation.

Current Dallas Cowboys backup Felix Jones could become a reasonably priced free-agent option if the Bengals don't land Goodson. Cincinnati might also look to acquire a running back in the draft.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--mike-goodson-to-visit-cincinnati-bengals-233405243.html;_ylt=ApGjauMgj8CHkob5MPxs1sELcykA;_ylu=X3oDMTFoZnA0Y2I3BG1pdANCbG9nIEluZGV4IGJ5IEF1dGhvcgRwb3MDMQRzZWMDTWVkaWFCbG9nSW5kZXg-;_ylg=X3oDMTFrODdzYXZuBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANhdXRob3IEcHQDc2VjdGlvbnM-;_ylv=3

I wouldnt hate on goodson. Then draft a Gio Bernard or Franklin and you could have a solid 3 back attack with peerman being the 4th/STs guy.

He was obviously stuck behind McFadden and Bush in Oakland but has shown the ability to make some big plays and also ability to catch out of the backfield.

In 2010 in Carolina, the year he was used the most, he had 452 rushing yards at 4.4 YPC and 40 catches for 310 yards. Thats the type of RB I am looking to add a guy that can catch the ball out of the backfield but also a decent runner up the middle or outside.

Archived