Bengals bring back Maualuga

More Rey: Everyone is remembered by their last game and I want to re-identify myself.

"Everyone is remembered for their last game. I want to come back and re-identify myself and make things better." - Maualuga #Bengals

Maualuga: "I've got some unfinished business to take care of." #Bengals

Maualuga on what last week was like: "It's been really crazy as far as trying to get things done. I always wanted to come back."

There's always some lighning rod on defense - Clemons, Justin Smith, Crocker last year that the board goes off on.

All that needs to be said. If Rey was all world the mob would move on to the next.

All these people that claim to watch film (aka get drunk on a Sunday) it's odd that none of them can figure out a player of Rey's quality is the most common in the league.

:huh:

Rey on the coaches: "My relationship with them is mind-boggling." #Bengals

Maualuga said he's grateful for relationship with Lewis and Zimmer. FA process was good but he'll only get better coming back to #Bengals

Maualuga is in LA, working out with @JayGlazer with MMA routine. "I'm just another guy in there trying to improve my game." #Bengals

Maualuga on MMA training: Helping with hand quickness getting off blocks and improving stamina in the fourth quarter. #Bengals

Rey knows the city hates him. I wonder if that has to do with him sucking! He should use that as a fuel and perform better.

I like to compare Rey to Dhani Jones.  We all knew Dhani's skill were deteriorating but the guy went out there and played hard.  Didn't make a lot of mistakes but just couldn't do it anymore at a high level.  Still, Dhani was always upbeat, said the right things  and was just a good dude.  Its hard not to like the guy.  Rey is the polar opposite of Dhani.  The reality is I want our players to be damn good and guys I  like as well.  Certainly, excellent play is ranked first but Rey doesn't check either box.

Kitna is a perfect example of that.  Never was going to be a franchise QB and we certainly trashed him for some of his play but he was a good dude. 

I simply don't want Rey on this team but understand the reality of filling the void.

More Rey: Everyone is remembered by their last game and I want to re-identify myself.

"Everyone is remembered for their last game. I want to come back and re-identify myself and make things better." - Maualuga #Bengals

Maualuga: "I've got some unfinished business to take care of." #Bengals

Maualuga on what last week was like: "It's been really crazy as far as trying to get things done. I always wanted to come back."

"I see better than I hear"  Marvin Lewis

Geoff Hobson ‏@GeoffHobsonCin

Maualuga says Arizona was his only visit. Doubts he would have been back if Lewis and Zimmer didn't want him back. #Bengals.

No shit Rey, it's not like Gruden was going to bat for you. But seriously, I wonder if this means he's not in good with his position coach or even Mike Brown.

No shit Rey, it's not like Gruden was going to bat for you. But seriously, I wonder if this means he's not in good with his position coach or even Mike Brown.

I think he just means that it was zimmer and marvin's decision and that he's back because they wanted him back.  

Rey knows the city hates him. I wonder if that has to do with him sucking! He should use that as a fuel and perform better.

No. Only a bunch of message board blowhards who probably live in their moms basement and play fantasy football hate him.

Get over your stupid hatred take some midol for your PMS.

No. Only a bunch of message board blowhards who probably live in their moms basement and play fantasy football hate him.

You have obviously never been to a game.  Rey is as well loved as Bratkowski was by the fans.

Your whining about them whining is just as bad

I honestly still can't get over the fact that fans of a team can't recognize that teams have to sign some "mediocre" or as some opinions have him, "the worst linebacker to ever contemplate playing football" to their teams and hope for different roles or improvement. 

Archived