Alec Ogletree or Arthur Brown?

10 members have voted

1. 1. Alec Ogletree or Arthur Brown in the 1st?

• Alec Ogletree
    • Arthur Brown

I think it's highly likely one of these guys are our 1st pick. There are others too but I just want to debate the 2 outside linebackers.

They both played MLB this season but are projected as outside guys in the NFL. They have a very similar playing style too. Ogletree was the better overall player but Brown doesn't have the character issues. Been debating this with myself for a few days.

Here's a comparison:

Size

Ogletree - 6'2, 242 lbs, 33.5" arm length

Brown - 6'0 241, 32.5" arm length

Measurables

Ogletree (combine) - 4.62 40 yd dash, 20 reps of 225, 33.5" vertical, 10' 2" broad jump, 7.16 3 cone

Brown (pro day) - 4.67 40 yd dash, 21 reps of 225, 32.5" vertical, DNP in broad jump, 7.06 3 cone

Stats

Ogletree (Junior season 2012) - 10 games (suspended first 4), 63 solo tackles, 48 assisted, 111 total tackles, 11.5 tackles for loss, 3 sacks, 1 interception, 5 pass break ups, 1 forced fumble, 2 hurries

Ogletree (Career totals) - 30 games (12 games at safety freshman season), 130 solo tackles, 67 assisted tackles, 197 total tackles, 20 tackles for loss, 6 sacks, 1 interception, 8 pass break ups, 3 forced fumbles, 3 hurries, 1 blocked kick

Brown (Redshirt Senior 2012) - 13 games, 65 solo tackles, 35 assisted tackles, 100 total tackles, 7 tackles for loss, 1 sack, 2 interceptions (1 for TD), 4 pass break ups, 1 hurry

Brown (Career totals) - 26 games (first 2 seasons in Miami), 122 solo tackles, 79 solo tackles, 16.5 tackles for loss, 3 sacks, 3 interceptions, 5 pass break ups, 1 hurry

Notes

Ogletree - Born 9/25/91, played safety for freshman season before moving to middle linebacker, suspended freshman year for stealing a scooter helmet, suspended 4 games junior year for failing at least one drug test, arrested for DUI right before combine.

Brown - Born 6/17/90, highly recruited linebacker went to University of Miami but played very sparingly before transferring to Kansas State after 2 seasons. Brown did not participate in Combine due to shoulder injury. Brother is Eagles running back Bryce Brown.

neither, unless you can trade down..

just wait until the 2nd rd to get one...after Mingo and Jordan are off the board, there's just not enough separation between the next 4 guys to justify using the 21st pick on one of them IMO. 

Arthur Brown looks mean as shit.  I want him running WLB with that closing speed and coverage ability and Vontaze in the middle.  That would be a mean batch of backers who can hit.

I'd take Brown both as a player and person, vs.Ogletree.

That said, it'll be interesting to see what they do. Really depends on who is there at #21. I could see them trade down, too if they've got several players with the same grades. And they get a good offer to trade out.

If we could come out of the first 3 rounds with A. Brown, Elam, Hunter, and Michael I would be doing backflips all day long.

I'd say that draft would be pretty attainable.

But now that we have a strong locker room and can take some character risks, I'd prefer to switch out Hunter with Da'Rick Rogers.  Hunter just didn't have any big games against top comp this year.  His good games were all against total scrub teams, and he's got a case of the dropsies, which is probably my #1 disqualifier for any WR.

I assume you mean Christine Michael. He is a 3rd day punk. No way will,or should, he go in the top 3 rounds.

No way he isn't drafted in the top 3.  Write it down.

Archived