Roland resigns - happy Friday...

Why do resign and re-sign mean opposite things?  I can think of nothing dumber in the American language than that.  I figure someone will come up with an even better example of stupid shit. 

destructable

indestructable = not destructable

flammable

inflammable = still flammable

Why do resign and re-sign mean opposite things?  I can think of nothing dumber in the American language than that.  I figure someone will come up with an even better example of stupid shit. 

resign comes straight from Latin, where you had to give back your seal of office when you quit to keep you from forging stuff.  Signum = seal.

Sign the verb getting turned into a noun then having 'Re' jammed in front to say you are doing it again is normal English casual word chaos.

You take your chances in our language.

what the hell is wrong with you?

What is wrong with you? Are you fucking blind? First you defend tate who is clearly one of the worst return men in the league, now you defend this 6 foot 8 non athletic stiff of a lineman, I'm starting to wonder if you watch any of the games or know anything about football, I bet you think mualuga is as good as Patrick Willis don't you?...dumbass

What is wrong with you? Are you fucking blind? First you defend tate who is clearly one of the worst return men in the league, now you defend this 6 foot 8 non athletic stiff of a lineman, I'm starting to wonder if you watch any of the games or know anything about football, I bet you think mualuga is as good as Patrick Willis don't you?...dumbass

Maualuga IS as good as Willis. On Madden.

I've hated on the guy, but for what they ask him to do, he's serviceable. I just think he's very limited athletically and because of his height, its easier to get leverage on him and knock him back.

That sad, he did OK starting back in 1999, which I thought was a minor miracle. I'm sure it's related to his ability to play technique well.

I've hated on the guy, but for what they ask him to do, he's serviceable. I just think he's very limited athletically and because of his height, its easier to get leverage on him and knock him back.
That sad, he did OK starting back in 1999, which I thought was a minor miracle. I'm sure it's related to his ability to play technique well.

I don't remember how he played in 1999.

Archived