Roland resigns - happy Friday...

Tate Roland Mays, should be bagging my groceries on Sunday rather then be on my tv

doesn't hurt to keep him around til September in case of injury or how the draft shakes out.  He's an experienced backup who can play RT and now both guard spots.

Guys like Roland and Tate I'd sign and keep until you know you don't need them.  Will only cost $65K (his signing bonus) to cut Roland in September, which will be more than offset by the $300K in base salary you'd save by replacing him with a draft pick.

Consider it as paying $65K for draft flexibility.

doesn't hurt to keep him around til September in case of injury or how the draft shakes out.  He's an experienced backup who can play RT and now both guard spots.

Guys like Roland and Tate I'd sign and keep until you know you don't need them.  Will only cost $65K (his signing bonus) to cut Roland in September, which will be more than offset by the $300K in base salary you'd save by replacing him with a draft pick.

Consider it as paying $65K for draft flexibility.

I've made comments about Roland that some here would refer to as I'm a hater but you stated exactly how I see guys like Roland and Tate.  Bengals should (and I believe they are) looking to upgrade positions through the draft.  Keep them until you don't need them.  Really depends on what happens with Smith, the rest of free agency and how the draft unfolds.   He could be an easy cut or fill the last 1 ir 2 spots for the Oline on the roster.   

When I think of him as a backup T, I want no part of him.   But I will say, on the occasions in which he has played G, he actually plays well.   His limitations are not nearly as exposed at G, like lack of mobility in space, it also forces him to play lower and with better leverage....just Dalton can't see over him to pass.........

Why do resign and re-sign mean opposite things?  I can think of nothing dumber in the American language than that.  I figure someone will come up with an even better example of stupid shit. 

while we're on pet peeves...

regardless & irregardless...

drives me nuts.  There isn't a word irregardless.  It's regardless - that's it.  Ok - I feel better now!  As for Roland... meh.

Archived