Gay NFL player to come out within the next few months ...

Numbers

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mike-freeman/21946093/some-believe-atmosphere-is-safe-for-gay-nfl-player-to-come-out

Some believe atmosphere is safe for gay NFL player to come out

Based on interviews over the past several weeks with current and former players, I'm told that a current gay NFL player is strongly considering coming out publicly within the next few months -- and after doing so, the player would attempt to continue his career.

The brief's supporters are impressive. They include: Giants co-owner Steve Tisch; Demaurice Smith, executive director of the NFLPA; Vikings punter Chris Kluwe, Ravens linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo; Marie Tillman, co-founder of the Pat Tillman Foundation; Russell Simmons, founder of Def Jam Records; former UFC light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans; Browns center Alex Mack; and NFL players Connor Barwin, D'Qwell Jackson, Tom Crabtree, Eric Winston and Scott Shanle, among others.

I think the Raven's will get their first openly gay player...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mike-freeman/21946093/some-believe-atmosphere-is-safe-for-gay-nfl-player-to-come-out

I think the Raven's will get their first openly gay player...

I think the Squeelers had two gay players not too long ago.

One was named William and the other Hines.

Let's be honest: most NFL fans/players would be cool with a KKK grand dragon if he could help them get a ring.

David Duke is a Republican and Tea partier so I don't see that EVER happening.  The goal post in the end zone would be used to string him up. 

The ideology of the KKK would be opposed to what the NFL promotes.  There were even reports back in 2009 that the KKK was intent on disrupting NFL games by jamming signals sent to the QB helmet.

Perhaps it would be easier to get a few refs to be members of the KKK...  :ninja:

33446328.jpg

Let's be honest: most NFL fans/players would be cool with a KKK grand dragon if he could help them get a ring.

Lets be honest, most nfl fans would probably join the KKK....

What did he do? Just supporting it so freakishly heavy?

yea, and out of no where, just kinda seemed like it fit the situation...

though, even though it would be ridiculously wrong, you better be pretty damn good at football to come out, i cant imagine a team wants to deal with ANY controversy over it for a special teams or practice squad guy, youll need someone like tom brady or peyton manning to come out in order to avoid those type of situations.. otherwise theyll pick another special teamer or practice squad fodder guy to just not have to deal with it at all...

then factor if you have a homophobic superstar who wants the nobody player gone, etc..

can of worms.....

Lets be honest, most nfl fans would probably join the KKK....

yea, and out of no where, just kinda seemed like it fit the situation...

though, even though it would be ridiculously wrong, you better be pretty damn good at football to come out, i cant imagine a team wants to deal with ANY controversy over it for a special teams or practice squad guy, youll need someone like tom brady or peyton manning to come out in order to avoid those type of situations.. otherwise theyll pick another special teamer or practice squad fodder guy to just not have to deal with it at all...

then factor if you have a homophobic superstar who wants the nobody player gone, etc..

can of worms.....

lawsuit out the ass

http://espn.go.com/otl/world/comedian.html

Football and Ben-Gay
December 16, 1998

So you think gays can't play sports?

My brother Frank thinks so, too. That's why he hates gays, he told me one day.

Not one to miss an opportunity, I had to set the record straight (so to speak). I worded my argument very carefully. "Frank, gays invented sports."

"Nut ah" he replied, scratching himself.

"Take boxing," I said. "Two topless men ... in silk shorts ... fighting ... for a belt and a purse."

He just grabbed his Nerf football and stormed out.

But he knows I'm right. Look at football. I think that sport was actually started by some gay guys, as a great big joke on the straight world. The conversation probably went something like this.

"Hey Bob, let's create a game where no women can play. Just overly muscled men wearing brightly colored, tight-fitting uniforms. The object of the game will be to grab a man clutching a big ball, throw him to the ground and jump on top of him. Then other guys, who 'play' for the same team, will jump on top of him, too. They'll take a break only when a man wearing a fashionable black-and-white outfit blows a whistle and says they've just 'scored.'

"We can call the teams really suggestive names -- Oilers, Rams and Packers. We can even have one player who will do nothing but make passes. The team that finishes first will win some gaudy jewelry -- a ring, maybe. To keep the game alive, we'll send old men out to recruit young boys. And best of all, for the men who just 'like to watch,' we'll make the game soooooo long that wives and girlfriends will get pissed off every time it's played. They'll feel so ignored they'll break up, creating a surplus of available men for us. Doesn't it sound fabulous?!"

Now, don't get all nervous, guys. I'm sure all the homoeroticism is just ironic. I personally find nothing erotic about football. It's too violent to be considered erotic, and most of my friends would agree. (Now, wrestling, on the other hand, is a whole different story; you'd have to be Helen Keller not to see that.)

It's taken me a while, but I have finally figured out why openly gay men are barred from playing most sports. For some odd reason, straight men cannot handle a man they know to be gay, naked with them in the locker room. It's as if they think just because they have their own member, a gay man will want to sleep with them.  Which is ridiculous.

Do straight men want to sleep with every woman they see? If that were true, Janet Reno wouldn't have that horrible look on her face all the time.

Guys, let me go on record with this. A gay man is not going to stare at your unit while you're in the locker room. If anything, he's going to avoid looking, for fear of being "discovered."

Heck, you straight guys probably look at each others' genitals more than anyone I know. Some of you actually believe the size of a man's penis is a factor in determining his manliness, and place in society. The bigger the penis, the prettier the wife, etc. And to compete, those of you who are "not so blessed" drive around in bright-red expensive cars, trying to hide your, er, shortfalls.

Gay men in the locker room are there for the same reason as you: They want to shower and go home. That's it.

The truth is, sexual preference should have no bearing on any sport. If John Elway were to announce he was gay tomorrow, do you think he'd be any less of a quarterback? Do you think he'd be traded? They'd be crazy to let him go. If someone gay is playing football (or any sport for that matter), it's because they want to play football. Not get laid.

If they were looking for sex, they'd be playing on the Internet -- like you right now.

I could insert Nancy Pelosi for Janet Reno and Peyton Manning/Tom Brady for John Elway and make this more relevant... :pursefight:

Being married with kids doesn't give you a clear queer card. Hehehehe... Thank you internet as I wouldn't say that in front of a gay man.

I know a man who is married to a woman who was drilling dudes in the ass. He doesn't have any kids yet, but he ended up marrying a woman after he was done being gay.

I gotta say one thing about gays:

They have this app called Grinder. It's crazy. You sign on, and when others are signed on, it tells you how far, in feet, they are from you. You can have a picture up if you want. It's actually pretty scary. It's just a quick chat deal, kinda like Yahoo Messenger or something.

Former 49er Harris admits he's gay By The Sports Xchange | The SportsXchange – 9 hours ago

Former San Francisco 49ers offensive tackle Kwame Harris acknowledged that he is gay in an interview with CNN.

Harris' sexual orientation came to light in January when a report surfaced of an alleged altercation between Harris and a former boyfriend.

He now wishes he would have been more open about being gay while he was playing in the NFL. The 49ers' 2003 first-round draft pick left football after the 2008 season.

"I want people, whether gay athletes, athletes still in the closet, or youths who are not sure what their sexuality is to know those are common feelings," Harris told CNN. "Don't feel alone in having them."

Harris encouraged athletes to express themselves but said the locker rook can be a difficult place to do so. He kept his feelings hidden because he feared the reaction.

"You want to escape the despair and turmoil and your mind goes to dark places," Harris said. "I'm happy today, and I'm glad they were just ideas and I didn't act on any of them.

"The cost was great (to) not speak candidly ... open about myself in complete manner. If I could have done it differently, I would have hoped I found the strength."

Archived