How great is Carson Palmer Trade? or how bad for Raiders

With Carson looking to be on the way out...  we haven't even cashed in our 2nd round pick and he might already be out the door in Oakland...  This deal could go down as one of the best/worst Deals in NFL history

that was a great deal for the Bengals even if Carson had a hall of fame career with Oakland. He was never playing another down for the Bengals... 2 high picks for him was amazing...

The fact that he didn't do great and is maybe on the way out makes it unbelievably bad for the Raiders...

One of the greatest (THE greatest?) things Mike Brown has ever done as a GM

And it's amazing that the media never gave him credit for it. They just attributed it to the Raiders making a ridiculous offer that nobody could pass up. Ignoring the fact that MB could've buckled early and traded him right away for lesser value just to get Palmer out of his hair.

And it's amazing that the media never gave him credit for it. They just attributed it to the Raiders making a ridiculous offer that nobody could pass up. Ignoring the fact that MB could've buckled early and traded him right away for lesser value just to get Palmer out of his hair.

I thought he received a lot of praise.  Several national types were calling him GM (or was it executive?) of the year. 

Isn't the greatness dependent on what the actual draft picks do as bengals?   We all feel good about it today and that will not lessen.   What if it turns out you got 2 pro bowlers on a future Superbowl team?

For example the LB that refused to play for Paul Brown then they traded to Denver and got all the picks that ended up in several Superbowl 23 starters and/or contributors.

Brown was repeatedly given a LOT of credit by the media for holding out and getting such a great deal.

It was a great trade.  Consider the fact the guy was NEVER going to play for us again yet we got a 1st and 2nd rounder out of the deal.   What makes it even better is the new Rookie slotting system make these picks very affordable as well.   We dumped a shitload of salary, got high picks and are paying way less for players that want to be here.  Huge win.

Honestly as a Carson fan, I'd love to see him let go and go to AZ, he has crap in Oak to work with other than a good running game that seems to get hurt all the time. If he had Fitzgerald to throw to it might return him somewhat to form. I'd imagine everyone who hates him should want to see him stay in Oak because they arent getting any better any time soon.

Honestly as a Carson fan, I'd love to see him let go and go to AZ, he has crap in Oak to work with other than a good running game that seems to get hurt all the time. If he had Fitzgerald to throw to it might return him somewhat to form. I'd imagine everyone who hates him should want to see him stay in Oak because they arent getting any better any time soon.

AZ's line isn't going to do him any favors.

Ricky Hunley? Did Blados come with the Denver pick that year, or was it Koch? I think we also scored with either Reimers or Kozerski with that deal too IIRC.

Yeah Hunley was the LB.   I thought they took the trade and then made a couple other trades. 

I was thinking it netted Boomer, but could be wrong.

Sure, but it isnt as if they cant upgrade it, they have alot less issues than Oak does.

That's like saying Carson would excel at Jacksonville. Of course any team can get better.

Put CP on New England; he'd still not play well. He's broken and his head isn't right IMO based on everything that has happened to him and the decisions he's made.

Tough division.   9ers, Seattle, and with Jeff Fischer in St. Louis.   It'd be an accomplishment for Carson to achieve what Kurt did. 

Warner strolled through a weak division.   If Carson could get the Cards in the playoffs with that competition he'd deserve some kudos. 

That's like saying Carson would excel at Jacksonville. Of course any team can get better.

Put CP on New England; he'd still not play well. He's broken and his head isn't right IMO based on everything that has happened to him and the decisions he's made.

Maybe, but then Kurt Warner certainly returned to form when he had Fitz to work with.

Maybe, but then Kurt Warner certainly returned to form when he had Fitz to work with.

Warner may be a HOF'r. Carson may start this year.

Way different players, different coaches, different competition. The situation is not even comparable in my opinion.

I agree but again, AZ is less of a cluster fuck than Oak is and can get better sooner than they can.

I think its debatable.  Oakland has a better oline and RB corp.  Both defenses are kind of a mess.  Arizona has Fitzgerald, but a top WR can be taken out of a game if he doesn't have other options around him. 

I agree but again, AZ is less of a cluster fuck than Oak is and can get better sooner than they can.

I don't know about that. I would think they're equally bad right now. When you have a coach change out it usually means you're a crap team at the moment.

But Oakland does have less picks to get better because of CP and have lost a lot of players to FA because of being cap-strapped. I don't know AZ's situation as well... maybe it is better?

Archived