Bioshock Infinite...Holy Crap!!

Anyone got this yet? I have it for PC and man...it is a STUNNING game to look at, and so far the story is awesome. I highly recommend this to any fan of the series and anyone that really likes single player FPS's like this. It's absolutely incredible.

I beat the first one, totally awesome.

I started the second but everyone was into COD or Halo at the time and went back to it real quick. Didn't even play 15 mins of Bioshock 2.

Now this third one, is it one where I should play through the 2nd one or is the storyline so far off it doesn't matter? I vaguely remember the first storyline... the second, I have no clue what was going on.

Did you play the second one? How does that relate to the first in terms of story line?

Outside does sound fascinating. The darkness and shadows aren't really my kind of game and can get old quickly (although there is a game called The Suffering which was pretty good years ago).

Craziest moment EVER in a video game for me. I'm standing there looking at what's on this desk in Bio 1... there's a bunch of items. This is all normal gameplay, no cut scenes by the way. Anyway, on the wall in front if me appears a shadow. I turn around and a crazy is standing there ready to attack me.

It felt like a movie. Ahhh, Bioshock 1 - what a game.

Did you play the second one? How does that relate to the first in terms of story line?
Outside does sound fascinating. The darkness and shadows aren't really my kind of game and can get old quickly (although there is a game called The Suffering which was pretty good years ago).
Craziest moment EVER in a video game for me. I'm standing there looking at what's on this desk in Bio 1... there's a bunch of items. This is all normal gameplay, no cut scenes by the way. Anyway, on the wall in front if me appears a shadow. I turn around and a crazy is standing there ready to attack me.
It felt like a movie. Ahhh, Bioshock 1 - what a game.

Played Bioshock 1 at night, with the lights turned off, and the stereo speakers cranked... Just about pooped my pants!

Played Bioshock 1 at night, with the lights turned off, and the stereo speakers cranked... Just about pooped my pants!

When I was a kid, Resident Evil II was out. I remember walking through the town, going into the S.T.A.R.S. police station or whatever it was called. I took a right, went in this room and around and down a hallway. I walk past a boarded window and some arms came busting through and grabbed me. It was a legit scare. I would never play with the lights off.

One of my favorite things about games like these is the crazy little attentions to surreal detail they pay homage to. I had just started exploring the sky-city of Columbia when I stumbled across this beautiful little park with hummingbirds buzzing about and this happened:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8toGQq46tA

It also said "Music From The Future...TODAY!".

The game is set in 1912.....

The first one had tons of stuff like that. I love it that even though it's set back, like in the early 1900's, it's still futuristic. Anyway, are you sure the story line is so different that skipping #2 won't matter? I just don't want to be lost or go back into playing the 2nd one after the 3rd one day and already know what happens.

It looks awesome.

I'm just so stuck on the Elder Scrolls' worlds... I even still play Skyrim when I feel like I need a quick fix. There are some things in Skyrim I don't like... like displaying your items. You should ave more options of how to display your diamonds you find, your emeralds. They did okay with the weapon and armor display but it's still not as good as it could be. I've ran into a lot of glitches trying ti display items actually. Certain weapons won't display at all. Why can't I neatly sit the Elder Scroll on my shelf or the bloody skull on my desk? It's little things like that that make a game complete. You can beat the storyline in a week's time but things like hunting for treasures and displaying your finds is what keeps people coming back after the game is "beat".

I'm ready for the next one already.

The first one had tons of stuff like that. I love it that even though it's set back, like in the early 1900's, it's still futuristic. Anyway, are you sure the story line is so different that skipping #2 won't matter? I just don't want to be lost or go back into playing the 2nd one after the 3rd one day and already know what happens.

You definitely don't need to have played Bioshock II to play Infinite. The story, everything is completely different. The only thing that is the same is the similar mechanics in how it plays as a FPS shooter in terms of weapons usage and vigors, which are your special enhanced powers that were called plasmids in the other two games.

I think I've officially phased out of my multiplayer FPS games.  I'll have to check this out this summer.

That's why I like it. Single player, FPS, gorgeous deep world, lots of atmosphere and nuance....I love games like this. Fallout 3 and New Vegas, the Bioshock series, Skyrim....all in my wheelhouse.

• 2 weeks later...

Twice? How is that possible? I don't think I've ever beat a game twice unless it was something I played when I was a kid and I replayed as an adult.

It's not a very long game, brother. Wanted to go through it again slowly to see if there was anything j didn't see the first time. And there was a lot

It's not a very long game, brother. Wanted to go through it again slowly to see if there was anything j didn't see the first time. And there was a lot

I'm one of those guys that searches every nook and cranny before advancing anywhere. It'd probably take me a lot longer to beat it than the average person.

I'm gonna wait for a returned copy and grab it.

I'm one of those guys that searches every nook and cranny before advancing anywhere. It'd probably take me a lot longer to beat it than the average person.

I'm gonna wait for a returned copy and grab it.

I'm the same way. That's also why I've started Skyrim four or five times and never finished it...

Archived