Does anybody build decks?

Hooky

I would really appreciate any referrals for somebody to build a back deck for us in the Loveland/Milford area.

One other option is to save a lot in labor cost by putting one in yourself and hire a superviser with enough experience to ensure your deck is not an accident waiting to happen and also to run you through the code book and permits.  In some cases, your local big box store (Home Depot, Lowes, etc...) can do free estimates on some building jobs.  At the time they are out doing the estimate ask them.  IF you decide to have someone come out and do all the work at least you have a good idea of what a fair price would be.

I would only charge beer by the hour... but I do not know Ohio code, your area's restrictions (HOA), etc...

Once the elevations, steps, angles, materials like composites, etc...  get complicated the price of labor goes up significantly.  I am putting a free standing structure (not attached to the house) up this summer and am glad I already have the experience necessary to do this.  However, I do not live under a tight burden of code restrictions either.

In other words, you may not need someone to build it for you but you may be able to save a lot by hiring someone to supervise the construction process.

Archived