Going to my first MLB baseball game

I remember taking our German exchange student to Dodger Stadium for a game during his stay.  We settled down in our seats, and he spent the first 5 minutes looking about with a quizzical look on his face.  He then looks at my wife and I and states in a somewhat amazed\incredulous tone "Everyone is eating."  Expect lots of that, plus drinking.

Oh, and horrible New England accents.

Just envision a stadium full of Peter Griffins... 

And this may be the very first time you've paid $12 for an American beer.  Lucky for you your currency is double ours... 

The Red Sox dropped some of their beer and food prices last season but still expect food and drinks to be way over priced. Dont wear anything related to the New York Yankees or you may be in for a long night. If you drive to the game, parking can be really high in some areas so make sure you do some research on where to park. I think you can buy some cheap parking passes online from the Red Sox. 

Baseball games are pretty laid back for the most part. At times Red Sox fans can be loud and angry but if any one starts yelling at you just yell "Yankees suck" and you will be fine. Baseball games for the most part are usually just friends setting around drinking beer, eating and talking. Fenway is one the great ballparks in the country. There is a lot nicer stadiums out there but with all the history that took part in that stadium it is neat to be apart of. 

Archived