Going to my first MLB baseball game

A lopsided Angels victory... featuring a combination of arrogant Red Sox fans upset with the result, and apathetic bandwagon Red Sox fans socializing while taking random glances towards the field.

Drink a lot of beer and eat lots of traditional ballpark foodstuffs. They're cheaper there now.

http://business.time.com/2013/03/28/fenway-park-drops-beer-and-food-prices-and-red-sox-fans-get-angry/

The ballpark experience is different from a football crowd. Expect more conversation with the game as a backdrop. If you don't know much about the game, or lack a rooting interest, learn a bit and choose a side. It will markedly increase your pleasure at the ol' ballpark. Also, as always, drink a lot and heckle the other team.

You're going to have fun either way. baseball is a unique game with its pacing. You may hate it...but you might also love it. I happen to think baseball is a great game. It's so unlike football in so many ways, but that's a good thing. Plus you are taking in a game in one of the most historic venues too. Please post back with your non-American viewpoints after you go!

• 2 months later...

Went to the baseball game eventually.  The original game was cancelled due to a tropical storm and was played the day after at lunchtime.

Even though baseball is not really for me as a game and the food and beverages were expensive ($25 for a foot long hot dog, burrito, and drinks) , the whole experience of going to Fenway and being inside the park was awesome.  I've been to stadiums back home but Fenway Park has so much character and a great atmosphere when full.  I am grateful for the experience.

Archived