The 2013 Regular Season Thread!!!!!!

Jason

I agree ludwick coming back full strength is prob the biggest question and biggest opp for us.

Cueto, even though he is our ace, I'm not that worried about. Tony has been great in his place. Hopefully as he is starting to tail off and need to be seated due to innings limits cueto will be back. But I don't think our record would be much if any better with cueto. Maybe 1 game.

Bullpen has been better as of late. Parra has picked it up. If Brox and marsh can come back healthy that would be really nice.

Oh I dont disagree regarding the starting pitching, we've been able to handle his loss so far, but if this team does make the playoffs having your ace would be a good thing.

good job Arroyo and the reds...I really hope they resign Arroyo. well anyways let's win the next 2 and get back on track.

Bronson is one of my favorites on the team but I would be surprised, he's 36 years old.

the fact Cardinals have 5 of top 9 in NL in batting w/RISP is simply stunning. Can't possibly continue...can it? #Reds

6 players MLB with atleast 20 2B, 18 HR, 60 RBI: Jay Bruce, Miguel Cabrera, Paul Goldschmidt, Chris Davis, Carlos Gonzalez, David Ortiz. #Reds

I was really bored so I figured I would look at the second half of the season.

The Cards are 21 games over 500 at the break. You would have to assume that their play is going to fall off a bit. They have 69 games left and if their play falls off, then lets say they finish the second half going 37-32. That would put them at 94 wins. The Reds have 67 games left and would then need to go 41-26 to catch them. The good news is the Cards have 34 games left against teams over 500 and the Reds only have 25 left. 

Where else would you bat him though?  He is the weakest hitter in the line-up.  It was either first or last.  I'm surprised Harper isn't leading off to be honest.

Archived