The 2013 Regular Season Thread!!!!!!

Jason

I don't think I would have had Phillips bunt.  I know why it was done, but it also takes the bat out of Votto's hand.

I would have let Phillips hit.  At worst you still have Votto at bat with a man in scoring position and 2 outs.  In a tie game late with Chapman in the bullpen I'd rather have the bat in Votto's hand with 2 outs and a man in scoring position than them loaded with Heisey at bat and only one out.

I don't think I would have had Phillips bunt.  I know why it was done, but it also takes the bat out of Votto's hand.

I would have let Phillips hit.  At worst you still have Votto at bat with a man in scoring position and 2 outs.  In a tie game late with Chapman in the bullpen I'd rather have the bat in Votto's hand with 2 outs and a man in scoring position than them loaded with Heisey at bat and only one out.

Agreed.

In a tie game late with Chapman in the bullpen I'd rather have the bat in Votto's hand with 2 outs and a man in scoring position than them loaded with Heisey at bat and only one out.

That is crazy talk. Odds are greater that an rbi will be manufactured at a greater rate with guaranteed attempts by Heisey and Bruce than just a Votto appearance.

Its an interesting concept, but for once I agree with Dusty. It just didn't work this time around.

Also, this ump's strike zone is ridiculous.

That is crazy talk. Odds are greater that an rbi will be manufactured at a greater rate with guaranteed attempts by Heisey and Bruce than just a Votto appearance.

Its an interesting concept, but for once I agree with Dusty. It just didn't work this time around.

Also, this ump's strike zone is ridiculous.

I just wouldn't pass up a chance to have votto up with men in scoring position.

Bruce his a very streaky hitter.  Heisey is a good, but not great hitter.

With a closer like Chapman, you just need to get the lead.  Votto gives you the best chance.

Archived