The 2013 Regular Season Thread!!!!!!

Jason

This team is in trouble as long as it continues to shaft it's starting pitching with shitty run support that relies once again on the stupid long ball. And the fact that our worst hitter is STILL hitting 2nd in the lineup. That has to change. Where is our small ball hitting? You know...base hits? Jesus. We can beat anybody one day and lose to the crappiest team the next because we CANNOT SCORE RUNS.

Until these guys stop blundering so many runners in scoring position with less than two outs, we are looking at a play-in wild card game at best.  Too many wasted opportunities.  I also remember Jim Day mentioning a stat where we are last in the league when we make contact with the first pitch.  That probably needs to change.  Hope to see these guys start playing better ball.  The bullpen is starting to do its job.

1. Cozart is not a very good hitter. If hes hitting 7-8 so be it. But he should never be in the 2 hole of a major league lineup. Just shouldnt.

2. This team is incredibly frustrating right now.

3. Same old shit. Good pitching almost day in and day out but offense is just slacking.

4. Fire jacoby?

5. Score some fucking runs.

Where would you guys add a bat?  CF/RF/1B/2B are out of the equation.  Left Field seems like the obvious choice, but Heisey is heating up and Ludwicks salary basically makes it impossible for anything more than a half year rental.  Catcher, 3B, and SS are primarily youth players.  Do you stunt their growth to win now? 

I don't think they will have a problem getting into the play-in game.  The only team threatening is the Nats and they are quite a few games behind us.  I do worry about us getting into a one game playoff and getting blanked while our guys gives up 2 or 3 runs.  I really hope a play-in game would be against the Pirates and not Cards.  The Cards team is built for that.

I don't think they will have a problem getting into the play-in game.  The only team threatening is the Nats and they are quite a few games behind us.  I do worry about us getting into a one game playoff and getting blanked while our guys gives up 2 or 3 runs.  I really hope a play-in game would be against the Pirates and not Cards.  The Cards team is built for that.

Yeah this team still has one of the better records in the NL and also has one of the best pitching staffs, even without cueto. Anyone that has watched this the last couple years knows out offense goes into high peaks and low valleys. We are in the midst of a low valley. I'd be shocked if the bats didn't heat up at some point and we go on a pretty solid run winning like 15 of 20 or something. I'd be very surprised an extremely disappointed if we didn't at least get wildcard.

As far as trading for someone? I don't see it happening, at least anyone that would make a significant impact. Not enough money and really no room. I think they are just goin to hope ludwick comes back and plays like 2012 ludwick. SS I doubt they give up on cozart and they are usually more concerned about the glove of a SS over the bat anyways.

Ludwick getting hurt has really hurt this offense. Phillips has replaced him pretty well in the 4 hole knocking in runs, but the problem is no one has replace BP in the 2 hole. Same problem as last year in not getting enough people on base in front of votto except instead of the 1 hole being the problem it's the 2 hole.

so does anyone think the reds will get red hot after the all-star break..the pirates have been known to start going downhill so hopefully the reds will get it together!

according to John Fay, they have the same record now as they did through the same amount of games last year, when they won 97.

Depends.

Does Cueto get and stay Healthy?

The bigger question since were struggling to hit right now, is does Ludwick return and play like he was before?

Then we got the question of the bullpen.

I agree ludwick coming back full strength is prob the biggest question and biggest opp for us.

Cueto, even though he is our ace, I'm not that worried about. Tony has been great in his place. Hopefully as he is starting to tail off and need to be seated due to innings limits cueto will be back. But I don't think our record would be much if any better with cueto. Maybe 1 game.

Bullpen has been better as of late. Parra has picked it up. If Brox and marsh can come back healthy that would be really nice.

Archived