The 2013 Regular Season Thread!!!!!!

Jason

Unfortunately, pittsburgh and STL both look like they are going to win. We'll have to win both games just to make up half a game.

the standings are what they are, but the reds don't have to worry what other teams are doing.  As long as the Reds keep winning, everything else will sort itself out.  

the standings are what they are, but the reds don't have to worry what other teams are doing.  As long as the Reds keep winning, everything else will sort itself out.  

I agree, but it could have been an opportunity to make some good catchup today.

Also, it is now really important in the new setup to win the division because you really dont want to have to play in that 1 game WC game. In the past I would have been almost as content getting the WC spot as I would winning the division. New set up puts so much more of an emphasis on winning the division.

Hopefully we go on a run similar to last year after the all star break and get back into first.

There was an interview with Walt yesterday and he mentioned he was looking at a few bats and a pitcher.  The pitcher, I assume, is Jesse Crain of the White Sox.  I have no idea who the bats are.  We have supposedly looked at Michael Young.  Maybe Soriano?

From the Chicago Tribune.

The Red Sox, Braves, Dodgers, Reds and Diamondbacks —all exploring relief help — are expected to have scouts at U.S. Cellular Field throughout the weekend to watch Peavy and now Crain, who said his shoulder felt fine during a 33-pitch bullpen session.

Stayed up anyway...REDS WIN!

I cannot overstate it enough but this west coast trip to me really is the Red's season. Lose ground here and you'll never catch up. Come home with a convincing winning record, you stay in the race. The Cards aren't losing games to help us.

Got any games left against the Cardinals?

3 game series here next weekend, 3 away at the end of August and a 4-game home series beginning of September.  Cards also have 9 games left against the Pirates including a 5-game series next week with a double-header on Tuesday.

(edit) ..and now realize you meant the Nats, but will leave this up for reference anyway.

:thwack1: :26:

Archived