The 2013 Regular Season Thread!!!!!!

Jason

Nothing like taking one on the chin.  Get the Cards at home, with them coming off a recent 7 game losing streak and just get the arse whooped.  This team lacks that killer attitude.

That would be awful.  Lets hope its Pittsburgh instead.  I'd rather take my chances against a streaky bunch of hitters and Burnett than Wainwright and a bunch of consistent hitters.

Problem is, is that we would have a series with the Cards right after it..

That would be awful.  Lets hope its Pittsburgh instead.  I'd rather take my chances against a streaky bunch of hitters and Burnett than Wainwright and a bunch of consistent hitters.

Problem is, is that we would have a series with the Cards right after it..

I'd prefer the series against the Pirates and the single against the Cards. St. Louis is the better team and I don't think we can hang with them for 3/5 so I'll take the chances on a single game.

Is there any word at all about Cueto? I can't find anything online about him other than he hasn't started throwing yet, and that was from 5 days ago.

If it's taking over 5 weeks, and counting, for him to even begin throwing it makes me think there is something more wrong with him than just a strained muscle.

John Clay ‏@johnclayiv 10h
By my count, Reds are 18-30 vs. teams with winning records currently and 43-21 against everyone else. http://johnclay.bloginky.com/2013/08/05/reds-continue-to-struggle-against-good-teams/# …

This is their problem. They can't score against good teams even when they pitch well enough to win. It doesn't bode well for the playoffs, should they make it. I am so tired of both our franchises being *just good enough* to squeak into the playoffs, only to go home after the first series/game. It's time both Cincinnati franchises stepped it up and win us fans a playoff series/game.

This is their problem. They can't score against good teams even when they pitch well enough to win. It doesn't bode well for the playoffs, should they make it. I am so tired of both our franchises being *just good enough* to squeak into the playoffs, only to go home after the first series/game. It's time both Cincinnati franchises stepped it up and win us fans a playoff series/game.

Thing is in baseball, the best teams over the course of the season very rarely actually win it all. The team that is hottest does. We all know these bats have the capabilities to get hot over a week or two span. I just hope we get in, and we'll see what happens...

Archived