Forum Mock Draft 2.0 Selection Thread -- Packers (VBurfict55) are on the clock

Rules:

1. Keep it realistic. Don't draft a consensus 4th round pick top 10, etc. Do some research on team needs and players that fit. Give a little explanation as to why you made the pick.

2. No trading of picks or players.

3. 12 hours to make your pick. Time starts once the team ahead of you makes their selection. After 12 hours we do a vote off. Player that gets 5 votes first is the pick. If you forget to make your pick you can change it only if the team after you has not picked yet. If you aren't available to make your pick, send me a PM with your top 5 wants and I'll make it for you.

4. After your pick is made, PM the user who is up next letting them know.

5. Bengals pick - 12 hours of voting/discussion. Whichever player has the most votes after 12 hours is the Bengals pick.

Here's a link to Mock version 1.0 http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?/topic/66986-forum-mock-draft-ravens-le-tigre-are-on-the-clock/

First Round

1. Chiefs - sois - OT Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M

2. Jaguars - spicoli - OG Chance Warmack, Alabama

3. Raiders - akiliMVP - DT Shariff Floyd, Florida

4. Eagles - Marvin - OT Eric Fisher, Central Michigan

5. Lions - woodvillebengal - CB Dee Milliner, Alabama

6. Browns - cincyjack - DE/OLB Ezekial Ansah, BYU

7. Cardinals - Jamie_B - OT Lane Johnson, Oklahoma

8. Bills - Zins30 - DE/OLB Dion Jordan, Oregon

9. Jets - Numbers - WR Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee

10. Titans - cincyjack - DT Star Lotoulelei, Utah

11. Chargers - fluhartz - OG Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina

12. Dolphins - spicoli - CB Xavier Rhodes, Florida State

13. Buccaneers - Kennethmw - DE Barkevious Mingo, LSU

14. Panthers - Squirrlnutz - S Kenny Vaccaro, Texas

15. Saints - Jason - DT/DE Sheldon Richardson, Missouri

16. Rams - akiliMVP - WR Tavon Austin, West Virginia

17. Steelers - Dr Tarzan - WR Keenan Allen, California

18. Cowboys - JBandJoeyV - OT D.J. Fluker, Alabama

19. Giants - Montecore - CB Desmond Trufant, Washington

20. Bears - Marvin - OT Menelik Watson, Florida State

21. Bengals - VOTED - S Matt Elam, Florida

22. Rams (from Redskins) - akiliMVP - S Jonathan Cyprien, FIU

23. Vikings - MichaelWeston - DE Bjoern Werner, Florida State

24. Colts - Montecore - DE/OLB Damontre Moore, Texas A&M

25. Vikings (from Seahawks) - Michael Weston - MLB Manti Te'o, Notre Dame

26. Packers - VBurfict55 - RB Eddie Lacy, Alabama

27. Texans - Jamie_B - WR DeAndre Hopkins, Clemson

28. Broncos - unleashed - S Eric Reid, LSU

29. Patriots - Zins30 - DE/OLB Jarvis Jones, Georgia

30. Falcons - FulcherVulcher33 - TE Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame

31. 49ers - sparky151 - DT Jonathan Hankins, Ohio State

32. Ravens - Le Tigre - MLB Kevin Minter, LSU

Second Round

33. Jaguars - spicoli - QB E.J. Manuel, Florida State

34. 49ers (from Chiefs) - sparky151 - TE Zach Ertz, Stanford

35. Eagles - Marvin - QB Geno Smith, West Virginia

36. Lions - woodvillebengal - DE Tank Carradine, Florida State

37. Bengals (from Raiders) - VOTED - OLB Arthur Brown, Kansas State

38. Cardinals - Jamie_B - OG Kyle Long, Oregon

39. Jets - Numbers - QB Tyler WIlson, Arkansas

40. Titans - cincyjack - OLB Alec Ogletree, Georgia

41. Bills - Zins30 - QB Ryan Nassib, Syracuse

42. Dolphins - spicoli - WR Robert Woods, USC

43. Buccaneers - kennethmw - CB Jonathan Banks, Mississippi State

44. Panthers - Squirllnutz - WR Justin Hunter, Tennessee

45. Chargers - fluhartz - DT John Jenkins, Georgia

46. Rams - akiliMVP - OG Justin Pugh, Syracuse

47. Cowboys - JBandJoeyV - DT Jesse Williams, Alabama

48. Steelers - Dr Tarzan - CB Jamar Taylor, Boise State

49. Giants - Montecore - DE Datone Jones, UCLA

50. Bears - Marvin - DT Kawaan Short, Purdue

51. Redskins - Sox - D.J. Swearinger, South Carolina

52. Vikings - MichaelWeston - D.J. Hayden, Houston

53. Bengals - VOTED - RB Giovani Bernard, North Carolina

54. Dolphins (from Colts) - spicoli - OT Terron Armstead, Arkansas Pine-Bluff

55. Packers - VBurfict55

56. Seahawks - VBurfict55

57. Texans - Jamie_B

58. Broncos - unleashed

59. Patriots - Zins30

60. Falcons - FulcherVulcher30

61. 49ers - sparky151

62. Ravens - Le Tigre

sois and spicoli made their picks in the other thread so the Raiders (me) are up.

Raiders select DT Shariff Floyd from Florida. Fisher is the BPA but we have a good LT already in Veldheer. Our defense is awful, especially pass rush. No ends are worth this high of a selection so we go with Floyd who many compare to Geno Atkins.

Da Iggles (Marvin) are on the clock. Sending a PM now

The Eagles select OT Eric Fisher.

No matter who is under center for Philly they must be protected. Fisher is probably BPA. I gave serious consideration to Geno Smith but, in the end, games are won in the trenches and Fisher solidifies the most important position on the OL.

Edit: PM sent to Woodvillebengal

Browns will shoot for the moon with Ezekiel Ansah, DE/OLB BYU. Best shot at an actual impact player. They may think Kruger gives them a pass rush but Im not so sure. All the rushers are left on the board and Dion Jordan also strongly considered but Ansah has seemingly limitless athletic ability. Geno Smith considered but passed on.

the Jills seriously consider Star Lotulelei,Cordarelle Patterson and hate to leave Geno available for their divison rival Jets... but with Kevin Kolb being paid starter money, they can't pass (pun intended) up on Dion Jordan, OLB/DE, Oregon.  All the remaining fans in Orchard Park, Buffalo and especially Toronto rejoice at this franchise saving pick!

I PM'd numbers.  Also, my pick this time only took 7.75 hours less than last time!

Thanks Zins30 for not screwing the Jets this time.  :blink:  Mr. John Idzik thanks you.  FWIW, Dion Jordan is a damn good pick.

Although it is tempting to blame the Offensive line for the Jets offensive problems, their line was ranked as the 3rd best in the NFL.  (https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/28/ranking-the-2012-offensive-lines/4/).  However, the Jets had 30th ranking in total offense last year.  http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&offensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=TM&season=2012&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

In other words, the skill players in the backfield suck ass.  Narrowing it down further to WR and QB.  Not a worthy QB in the 1st, the Jets will attempt to fix that problem at a later date.  The Jets fix a major problem with their offensive backfield and go with Cordarrelle Patterson, WR

med_gallery_1479_47_4610.jpg

Sincerely,

John Idzik

PM Sent to cincyjack.

Patterson reminds me a lot of the wide receiver they drafted last year, Stephen HIll

I agree.   Patterson actaully got thrown the ball a bit more (46 catches for 778 yds) than Hill who saw 28 (although for 820 yds) catches at GT.  Not that Patterson isn't a project with only one good year at a high level program, but I see Patterson being a more immediate weapon and potential game changer when he gets the ball.  His cutting ability is crazy for a big guy- Hill seems more straight-line (combine) speed to me.  It'd definitely be an interesting pairing.

Patterson reminds me a lot of the wide receiver they drafted last year, Stephen HIll

That 2nd round scrub does not compare to the great Patterson.  Patterson also set up as a RB in the Tennessee offense and managed over 200 yards rushing...  AND handled return duties also.  He has talent in a multitude of positions which I think makes him a smart athletic WR for being able to learn a multitude of jobs and excelling at them all.

Drafting him in the 1st the Jets will use him as a #1 WR.  I mean, how wrong could we be ?  We have the great Sanchize as QB and Toe Sucking Ryan at Head Coach ...  How bad can it get ?

Sincerely,

John Idzik

Stephen Hill will probably in all likelihood be better in his second year under the system and should be a competent #2 WR.

he's a consensus top 5 player and the fact that these draft picks don't get huge money anymore allows teams to take players a little sooner than they might get picked otherwise....besides that, interior o-line is a HUGE need for the Jags. 

he's a consensus top 5 player and the fact that these draft picks don't get huge money anymore allows teams to take players a little sooner than they might get picked otherwise....besides that, interior o-line is a HUGE need for the Jags. 

The only consensus I've seen on this extremely raw player is that he'll be drafted. So in a draft that is low on top end prospects, the jags are going to burn one of the few premium picks on an interior lineman. Riiiiiiight.

The only consensus I've seen on this extremely raw player is that he'll be drafted. So in a draft that is low on top end prospects, the jags are going to burn one of the few premium picks on an interior lineman. Riiiiiiight.

then you're really not lookin too hard are ya? he's top 5 on damn near every board out there. 

G or not, he's one of the elite players in this draft....and again, it fills a legit need.

The last time a guard was drafted in the Top 10 was 1997 when Chris Naeole was selected by the New Orleans Saints. He was hightest selected guard since Eric Moore (also drafted 10th)by the Giants in 1988.

So in the last 25 years it's happend twice, and not anywhere close to #2. Not saying it COULDN'T hapen... but is very unlikely, especially at #2.... Just not worth it value wise. The difference between him at #2 and a second rounder is minimal compared to other positions…

then you're really not lookin too hard are ya? he's top 5 on damn near every board out there. 

G or not, he's one of the elite players in this draft....and again, it fills a legit need.

I've seen him as low as round four and even when he's in the first round it's not top 10. What mock drafts are you looking at?

I've seen him as low as round four and even when he's in the first round it's not top 10. What mock drafts are you looking at?

dude you're lost, looking at some other player...come back and talk to me when you know what the fuck you're talking about. 

Archived