Forum Mock Draft 2.0 Selection Thread -- Packers (VBurfict55) are on the clock

Ok, got guards mixed up. I'll admit it. Still stands that a OG at 2 is ridiculous, can you admit that?

not like it used to be, because of the new CBA....the top picks aren't getting huge contracts with tons of guaranteed money anymore so taking a G early really isn't that big of a deal....he's absolutely one of the best players in this draft, the fact that he's a G is not gonna keep teams from taking him very early on. 

spicoli,

I don't like it but can not think of a better pick off the top of my head than what you did.  Although it will certainly raise eyebrows on draft day IF that happens it will still be the only choice IF Jags are playing by the rule of filling a need vice getting BPA...

I don't like it but can not think of a better pick off the top of my head than what you did.  Although it will certainly raise eyebrows on draft day IF that happens it will still be the only choice IF Jags are playing by the rule of filling a need vice getting BPA...

It wont happen

The Last Draft

1st Round
1. Chiefs (akiliMVP) - OT Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M
2. Jaguars (Bengals1181) - OT Eric Fisher, Central Michigan
3. Raiders (SocalBengalEd) - DT Shariff Floyd, Florida
4. Eagles (woodvillebengal) - OT Lane Johnson, Oklahoma
5. Lions (spicoli) - CB Dee Milliner, Alabama
6. Browns (MichaelWeston) - OLB Dion Jordan, Oregon

7. Cardinals (Tigris) - OT D.J. Fluker, Alabama
8. Bills (Zins30) - WR Cordarelle Patterson, Tennessee
9. Jets (Numbers) - OLB Barkevious Mingo, LSU
10. Titans (cincyjack) - DT Star Lotulelei, Utah
11. Chargers (ButchWalkerRokks) - OG Chance Warmack, Alabama
12. Dolphins (Jamie_ B ) - DE Ezekial Ansah, BYU
13. Buccaneers (kennethmw) - CB Xavier Rhodes, Florida State
14. Panthers (Big Alice) - OG Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina
15. Saints (eskimo) - OLB Jarvis Jones, Georgia
16. Rams (happyrid) - S Kenny Vaccaro, Texas
17. Steelers (Dr Tarzan) - WR Keenan Allen, Cal

18. Cowboys (JBandJoeyV) - DE Bjoern Werner, Florida State
19. Giants (Mikey6866) - DE Damontre Moore, Texas A&M
20. Bears (Marvin) - CB Jamar Taylor, Boise State
21. Bengals (voting for pick) - WR Tavon Austin, West Virginia
22. Rams from Redskins (happyrid) - DT Sheldon Richardson, Missouri

23. Vikings (Jason) - CB Desmond Trufant, Washington
24. Colts (sparky151) - CB Jonathan Banks, Mississippi State
25. Seahawks (Bengal27) - DE Datone Jones, UCLA
26. Packers (VBurfict55) - TE Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame
27. Texans (turningpoint) - ILB Alec Ogletree, Georgia
28. Broncos (unleashed) - RB Eddie Lacy, Alabama
29. Patriots (Montecore) - WR DeAndre Hopkins, Clemson

30. Falcons (FulcherVulcher33) - DE Alex Okafor, Texas
31. 49ers (JC) - S Jonathan Cypien, FIU
32. Ravens (Le Tigre) - ILB Kevin Minter, LSU

2nd Round
33. Jaguars (Bengals1181) - LB Arthur Brown, Kansas State
34. 49ers from Chiefs (JC) - DE Margus Hunt, SMU
35. Eagles (woodvillebengal) - DT Jonathan Hankins, Ohio State
36. Lions (spicoli) - OLB Khaseem Greene, Rutgers
37. Bengals from Raiders (voting on pick) - MLB Rey Maualuga, Notre Dame
38. Cardinals (Tigris) - QB Geno Smith, West Virginia
39. Jets (Numbers) - WR Da'Rick Rogers, Tennessee Tech
40. Titans (cincyjack) - S Matt Elam, Florida
41. Bills (Zins30) - DE/OLB Cornelious Carradine, Florida State
42. Dolphins (Jamie_B ) - WR Quinton Patton, Louisiana Tech
43. Buccaneers (kennethmw) - OLB Chase Thomas, Stanford
44. Panthers (Big Alice) - DT John Jenkins, Georgia
45. Chargers (ButchWalkerRokks) - CB Darius Slay, Mississippi State
46. Rams (happyrid) - OT Menelik Watson, Florida State
47. Cowboys (JBandJoeyV) - OL Barrett Jones, Alabama
48. Steelers (Dr Tarzan) - RB Giovani Bernard, North Carolina
49. Giants (Mikey6686) - DT Kawan Short, Purdue
50. Bears (Marvin) - OT Terron Armstead, Arkansas Pine Bluff
51. Redskins (akiliMVP) - WR Justin Hunter, Tennessee
52. Vikings (Jason) - S Eric Reid, LSU
53. Bengals (voting on pick) - RB Jonathan Franklin, UCLA
54. Dolphins from Colts (Jamie_B ) - CB Robert Alford, Southeastern Louisiana
55. Packers (VBurfict55) - RB Andre Ellington, Clemson
56. Seahawks (Bengal27) - OT Kyle Long, Oregon
57. Texans (turningpoint) - QB Matt Barkley, USC
58. Broncos (unleashed) - DT Sylvester Williams, North Carolina
59. Patriots (Montecore) - DT Jesse Williams, Alabama
60. Falcons (FulcherVulcher33) - TE Zach Ertz, Stanford
61. 49ers (JC) - WR Robert Woods, USC

62. Ravens (Le Tigre) - S Shamarko Thomas, Syracuse

not like it used to be, because of the new CBA....the top picks aren't getting huge contracts with tons of guaranteed money anymore so taking a G early really isn't that big of a deal....he's absolutely one of the best players in this draft, the fact that he's a G is not gonna keep teams from taking him very early on. 

I get the line of reasoning and maybe someday a guard goes that high, I just don't think it's this year. Money aside, I still think guard is way down there on the list of important positions. You have the entire draft board to work with, only one player selected, and you're going guard? That's reaching for need UNLESS you truly believe he's the best player in the draft, and if he is why isn't he playing left tackle? See where I'm going here?

he's a consensus top 5 player and the fact that these draft picks don't get huge money anymore allows teams to take players a little sooner than they might get picked otherwise....besides that, interior o-line is a HUGE need for the Jags. 

That logic only applies to traditionally expensive positions (QB, DE, LT... etc).  For example would be more inclined to bet on a QB since he won't crush you if he fails.

I thought maybe one of the O-tackles would fall...

spicoli,

thanks.

the thing that's getting overlooked is the fact that Chance Warmack is ABSOLUTELY one of the elite players in this draft. 

I get the line of reasoning and maybe someday a guard goes that high, I just don't think it's this year. Money aside, I still think guard is way down there on the list of important positions. You have the entire draft board to work with, only one player selected, and you're going guard? That's reaching for need UNLESS you truly believe he's the best player in the draft, and if he is why isn't he playing left tackle? See where I'm going here?

well do you really think top 2 in this draft is really all that different than top 7? because I guarantee that whether he ends up with the Jags or not, he's not getting out of the top 7......if he can go at 7, he can go at 2. 

thanks.

the thing that's getting overlooked is the fact that Chance Warmack is ABSOLUTELY one of the elite players in this draft. 

From what I've read he's much like Andre... good road grader in the run game, but a bit of liability in the pass game.  I don't disagree he's a good player but he won't go #2.    Last year at this time everyone was singing the praises of DeCastro, calling him the next Steve Hutchison, etc... and teams graded him in the 20s.  I think Warmack will go first round but in the 2nd half f the first round.  Just my opinion based on how teams value the position.

well do you really think top 2 in this draft is really all that different than top 7? because I guarantee that whether he ends up with the Jags or not, he's not getting out of the top 7......if he can go at 7, he can go at 2. 

I'd be surprised if he goes top 7, possible I guess, but I'd be surprised. Heck I've seen mocks that have Cooper ahead of him.

ridiculous.  There's been exactly 1 guard drafted in the top 10 in the last 25 years, let alone top 5.

thanks.

I don't believe him to be the Elite player in the NFL draft.  That would reside with a "game changer" or someone else at the position of QB, LT, 4-3 RDE, CB, or 3-4 OLB.  OG is rated as a Tier 5 position and is not looked at until all players of value have been gone over above that.  With that being said, there are some DE's, CB's, and LT's out there that could be a "Better Value" than an OG.  However, like I said previously, the Jags may be looking to fill a need and it would not surprise me if they did what you thought.

This draft will be one of the drafts where I will say WTF more than once.  Teams will try and FIT a player in and there will be others that simply draft BPA.  BPA doesn't cause me any WTFs but when a fit/need is filled they usually cause me to utter WTF.

My 2 cents.

ridiculous.  There's been exactly 1 guard drafted in the top 10 in the last 25 years, let alone top 5.

you're not even in this mock so who gives a fuck? the Jags biggest need is at interior OL and they filled that need with the best interior lineman in the draft.

don't like it?  you pick for em next time....otherwise STFU

do you all realize that under the new CBA it doesn't matter what position you pick at number 2?  you pay for the slot, not the position.

whoever you chose gets the same money whether it's a QB, DT, LT or LG.

so knowing that, why does it matter? 

find me a draft board right now that doesn't list Warmack as a top 5 talent. 

Archived