Forum Mock Draft 2.0 Selection Thread -- Packers (VBurfict55) are on the clock

Go-Bengals' version of McShay and Kiper are having words.........I LIKE IT!  It shows their unapologetic about the evaluations of the players they have done and will stick to their guns.  Only one will be proven right, find out WHO!!!!.....on draft day!  April 26!!!  Watch it LIVE.....for only $49.95.  Checks payable to "That Khatmandude dude from Go-Bengals". 

do you all realize that under the new CBA it doesn't matter what position you pick at number 2?  you pay for the slot, not the position.

whoever you chose gets the same money whether it's a QB, DT, LT or LG.

so knowing that, why does it matter? 

find me a draft board right now that doesn't list Warmack as a top 5 talent. 

it was like that under the old CBA too.

And draft board and mock draft are two wildly different things.

no, you're absolutely wrong on that.

That is sorta how it was, just the numbers were WAY bigger early on due to stupidity. It wasn't an organized slotting, more like collusion by the agents.

no, you're absolutely wrong on that.

except not.  Under the old CBA players were slotted by the picks around them and what that pick got the previous year.  It didn't have anything to do with what position they played.  

The new CBA does the same thing, the costs were just slashed by more than half.  Basically, they reset the system as far as what first rounders make, and I believe they've put restrictions in place to limit inflation from year to year.

Guard just isn't a highly valued position to take top 5 IMO. You can get a quality guard in any round of the draft. They could get Pugh or Warford in round 2 and it wouldn't be a huge drop off in talent.

Realistically, I think they'll take LT Eric Fisher, move Monroe to RT, and move their RT in to one of the guard spots.

except not.  Under the old CBA players were slotted by the picks around them and what that pick got the previous year.  It didn't have anything to do with what position they played.  

The new CBA does the same thing, the costs were just slashed by more than half.  Basically, they reset the system as far as what first rounders make, and I believe they've put restrictions in place to limit inflation from year to year.

Im prettys ure that QBs got more cash atleast.

That is sorta how it was, just the numbers were WAY bigger early on due to stupidity. It wasn't an organized slotting, more like collusion by the agents.

under the old system, a QB getting picked #1 would get waaaaay more money than a DT picked number one....hell, even if a QB went #4 and a DT went #1, the QB at 4 still got the bigger contract....THAT'S what I'm talking about.

now it doesn't make any difference what position a guy plays at all, the money at #2 stays the same regardless. 

which means that if you're sitting at number 2 and your biggest need is a G and there's an elite one sitting there, there's no reason not to fill that need. 

1181, you're wrong. Position would often be the cause of problems between teams and agents. The better point is simply that because rookie contracts are diminished you can take BPA because no one being drafted in the top 10 will be paid those insane contracts any more. Still, the Jags arent taking Warmack at 2, so everyone is right and wrong.

under the old system, a QB getting picked #1 would get waaaaay more money than a DT picked number one....hell, even if a QB went #4 and a DT went #1, the QB at 4 still got the bigger contract....THAT'S what I'm talking about.

now it doesn't make any difference what position a guy plays at all, the money at #2 stays the same regardless. 

which means that if you're sitting at number 2 and your biggest need is a G and there's an elite one sitting there, there's no reason not to fill that need. 

I did say sorta.  There were exceptions.  New system WAY better.

1181, you're wrong. Position would often be the cause of problems between teams and agents. The better point is simply that because rookie contracts are diminished you can take BPA because no one being drafted in the top 10 will be paid those insane contracts any more. Still, the Jags arent taking Warmack at 2, so everyone is right and wrong.

So you're saying there's no Chance at #2? 

I think a Guard, with no potential to play Tackle later on, is not a likely thing to happen at #2 myself, but let's be realistic here......nobody thought a guy like Bruce Irvin would be picked #12 last year either....yet he was. 

I think it's silly to call others silly for picking a player in website mock draft though.......I think we all take ourselves a little too seriously on here at times.  The guy made a pick, respect it and move on. 

That being said, my uncle, Shahid Khan owns the Jaguars and I know who he really wants.......and it's not Chance Warmack. 

it had some impact, but not major impact.

Another way to look at it:  If The Jags were to take Womack he would instantly be the 13th highest paid guard in the draft.  If they took Eric Fisher, he would only be the 20th highest paid left tackle in the league.

Under the new CBA, there is not one pick who gets more of less than another position (QB, DE, OG, LT, etc...).  Pretty much the determining factors are position in the draft and the total amount of the rookie pool.

Last year:  $874.5 million rookie pool.

1.  Andrew Luck $22,100,000
Percentage of rookie pool=  0.0252715837621498  (2.52715837621498 %)

2.  Robert Griffin III :  $21,100,000
Percentage of rookie pool=  0.024128073184677  (2.4128073184677 %)

3.  Trent Richardson  :  $20,400,000
Percentage of rookie pool=  0.023327615780446  (2.3327615780446 %)

17.  Dre Kirkpatrick  :  $8,620,000
Percentage of rookie pool=  0.0098570611778159  (.98570611778159 %)

21.  Chandler Jones:  $8,173,000
Percentage of rookie pool=  0.0093459119496855  (.93459119496855 %)

27.  Kevin Zeitler:  $7,544,000
Percentage of rookie pool=  0.0086266437964551  (.86266437964551 %)

61.  LaMichael James:  $3,318,000
Percentage of rookie pool=  0.0037941680960549  (.37941680960549 %)

120.  James-Michael Johnson  :around $2,515,000
Percentage of rookie pool=  0.0028759291023442  (.28759291023442 %)

Imaginary girlfriend:  PRICELESS

IMHO, paying a Guard no less than $21,100,000 is a whole freaking lot of money for a position that is a filler need and not a BPA at #2.

On a side note:  Kennethmw, I like the Mingo pick.  Mingo is who the Jets picked last mock draft.

IMHO, paying a Guard no less than $21,100,000 is a whole freaking lot of money for a position that is a filler need and not a BPA at #2.

yep, you're absolutely correct. I honestly had no idea that the top 3 guys last year got that much money, so I stand corrected....thanks.

oh well, at least they filled a need with a top player.  :good2:

yep, you're absolutely correct. I honestly had no idea that the top 3 guys last year got that much money, so I stand corrected....thanks.

oh well, at least they filled a need with a top player.  :good2:

Well, the real Jaguars got a punter in round 3 recently....

Well, the real Jaguars got a punter in round 3 recently....

Just goes to show that a team will do just about anything in the draft to fill a need no matter how misguided it may appear to be.  You did cause me to look it up on the Bengals history of Punters and their draft position.

5 6 142 Kevin Huber Punter Cincinnati
5 18 122 Jeff West Punter Cincinnati
5 27 139 Greg Horne Punter Arkansas
10 21 272 Bob Bialik Punter Hillsdale
14 23 398 Greg Coleman Punter Florida A&M
17 2 418 David Green Punter Ohio

Just goes to show that a team will do just about anything in the draft to fill a need no matter how misguided it may appear to be.  You did cause me to look it up on the Bengals history of Punters and their draft position.

5 6 142 Kevin Huber Punter Cincinnati
5 18 122 Jeff West Punter Cincinnati
5 27 139 Greg Horne Punter Arkansas
10 21 272 Bob Bialik Punter Hillsdale
14 23 398 Greg Coleman Punter Florida A&M
17 2 418 David Green Punter Ohio

Travis Dorsch 4th round 

Travis Dorsch 4th round 

Thanks, nice catch, I missed it because although he is listed as a Punter just about everywhere, the Bengals list him drafted as a "hybrid" punter/kicker.  It appears he never started in a game and only played in one game.  Guess his value was about nil.

Thanks, nice catch, I missed it because although he is listed as a Punter just about everywhere, the Bengals list him drafted as a "hybrid" punter/kicker.  It appears he never started in a game and only played in one game.  Guess his value was about nil.

Pat McInally?

Archived