*UPDATE* Bengals and James Harrison reach agreement on a deal

I'd prefer Dansby, but Harrison would be okay.

I just want to see a guy get signed. Damn near every FA on the market has visited and to this point the only one who signed is Josh Johnson.

Great to see the Bengals doing their due diligence, but if nothing comes of it, who cares.

You're crazy...Harrison is still productive and brings an edge that this team needs....I'd take him in a heart beat.

He is also a head case, and plays selfish. He commits too many penalties and is 35 years old. I don't want that kind of influence around a guy like Burfict. 3 years ago sure, but now he is an older, slower, psycho with a bad rep. This team has almost rid itself of its negative image... We dont need him.

He is also a head case, and plays selfish. He commits too many penalties and is 35 years old. I don't want that kind of influence around a guy like Burfict. 3 years ago sure, but now he is an older, slower, psycho with a bad rep. This team has almost rid itself of its negative image... We dont need him.

agree with all of this.. The only thing I would like about it is him wanting to stick it to the stealers.. Much hather have Dansby though

I am pissed that they would even bring in that POS to consider him.  After all the bullshit, illegal hits, and trash talking he has put our guys through he would be a cancer in the locker room.  No way should they allow him anywhere near PBS.  I only hope they brought him in so they could laugh in his face...that is the only acceptable reason to invite him into the building.  I would never pickup any steelers (especially the head douche) out of respect for us fans.  I'm just sayin...NO WAY IN HELL    

Bengals, James Harrison meet
Posted by Mike Wilkening on April 11, 2013, 12:06 PM EDT

How’s this for a little AFC North intrigue?

The Bengals and ex-Steelers outside linebacker James Harrison are meeting Thursday, Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer and Mike Garofolo of USA Today reported Thursday. The Steelers released the 35-year-old Harrison in March and have moved on from him, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported in March.

Harrison starred as an outside linebacker in the Steelers’ 3-4 scheme. Cincinnati, meanwhile, employs a 4-3 front. He could project as a strong-side linebacker in the Bengals’ base defense as well as a defensive end in passing situations. Manny Lawson, who started on the strong side for the Bengals in 2012, departed in free agency.

The Bengals, who want to build via the draft, spent the early portion of free agency retaining their own players. However, they have started to shop a little more of late, with Karlos Dansby, Akeem Jordan and Felix Jones among the players they have met.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/11/bengals-james-harrison-meet/

How do you know that he plays selfish?

I'm sure they are just doing their diligence, but man, I really don't think he will bring anything to the table for us.  I've hated him for a long fucking time, arguably the worst tackling LB I've ever seen play and he got praised for years.  I'd guess he'd average a penalty every 10 defensive snaps on our team.

How do you know that he plays selfish?

Really?

Refusing to adjust the way you tackle/hit knowing you will commit personal foul penalties that result in keeping the opposing offense on the field is incredibly selfish. He's draws attention to himself through the media thus creating a negative buzz and as a result is now a target for referees again selfish. Bottom line, if this guy had anything left the Steelers would have kept him.

The big danger is the Steelers have been very good at finding LBs that excel in THEIR system and they have been very good at knowing when to get rid of them.

Like most I think I would rather have Dansby but this possible move doesn't turn me off.  If he can help make this an elite defense, I'm all for it.  

Another pansy wringing his hands over the Bengals' so-called "negative image".

Yeah I'd much prefer dansby although if they signed Harrison I'd hope Marvin and Zim knew they could get something out of him.

Dansby and Harrison are about the same age. Harrison has been the far superior NFL player. So, why would you prefer Dansby?

Could be wrong but my guess is that he'd be primarily a 4-3 end. He's just too big and slow to play 4-3 OLB.

Maybe Marvin and Zimmer don't share your opinion. In that case, or in any case, who cares what you think?

I am pissed that they would even bring in that POS to consider him.  After all the bullshit, illegal hits, and trash talking he has put our guys through he would be a cancer in the locker room.  No way should they allow him anywhere near PBS.  I only hope they brought him in so they could laugh in his face...that is the only acceptable reason to invite him into the building.  I would never pickup any steelers (especially the head douche) out of respect for us fans.  I'm just sayin...NO WAY IN HELL    

...said the little whiny hysterical guy with the melting Clark Bar in his back pocket.

Archived