*UPDATE* Bengals and James Harrison reach agreement on a deal

Every time BR posts I think of "she's my mother, sister, aunt, and 2nd cousin" sort of thing.

But back on topic...I don't know it I could trust someone who wore Steelers uniform.  The Rooney's know we are going to be a better team and would pay him some bucks under the table to sign with us.

Better yet, just leave him in a room alone with a stack of phoney Bengal playbooks.

I'd prefer Dansby, but Harrison would be okay.

I just want to see a guy get signed. Damn near every FA on the market has visited and to this point the only one who signed is Josh Johnson.

Great to see the Bengals doing their due diligence, but if nothing comes of it, who cares.

Yeah, the only guy we have signed is a guy we never want to see on the field.

James Harrison & #Bengals: No immediate signing. They liked what they heard. LB coach Paul Guenther talked with Harrison til midnight Wed

Source who saw Harrison today: "He still has that mean look in his eye, that attitude." Think he could help Cincy as base OLB/nickel rusher

Wouldn't hate it and wouldn't love it. There is a chance he is washed up and the Bengals would probably be counting on him to start if they signed him. On the other had, playing only one third of he snaps he could be pretty good. The Newman signing ended up working out really well last offseason.

even if it meant Maualuga was staying at MLB? If they bring in Harrison, its to play SLB, which means Mauluga stays the starting MLB.

Maualuga is going to be at MLB pretty much regardless. And he should be. I don't want him anywhere else.

It will be nice to have someone like Harrison at SAM who is actually strong at the point of attack, unlike Lawson who got dominated and pushed around by WRs.

Wouldn't hate it and wouldn't love it. There is a chance he is washed up and the Bengals would probably be counting on him to start if they signed him. On the other had, playing only one third of he snaps he could be pretty good. The Newman signing ended up working out really well last offseason.

Why would he only be playing one third of the snaps? And please don't say because Lawson only played that much.

I've never been a huge fan, but he definitely plays with an edge and he was hurt last year - but still had 6 sacks.

I trust that the Bengals D coaches know what they're doing, and if they sign him, I'm cool. I really like Dansby, but Harrison - if healthy - brings pass rush, and he's got a chip on his shoulder... even more than normal.

Hell, he might even help Rey to play more confidently/more aggressively.

Every time BR posts I think of "she's my mother, sister, aunt, and 2nd cousin" sort of thing.

But back on topic...I don't know it I could trust someone who wore Steelers uniform.  The Rooney's know we are going to be a better team and would pay him some bucks under the table to sign with us.

Better yet, just leave him in a room alone with a stack of phoney Bengal playbooks.

The Steelers cut Harrison for cap reasons, not performance.

Everyone who doesn't think Harrison would be an asset to this team is a moron, simple as that. Harrison is one of the most feared pass rushers in the NFL for a reason, he's a fucking beast when rushing the passer and adding him to the current mix would be insane.

Also the Bengals could still add Dansby, we have the most cap space in the NFL and still haven't cut Jamaal Anderson yet. We could cut Anderson and save 2.7 million dollars.

The Steelers cut Harrison for cap reasons, not performance.

Everyone who doesn't think Harrison would be an asset to this team is a moron, simple as that. Harrison is one of the most feared pass rushers in the NFL for a reason, he's a fucking beast when rushing the passer and adding him to the current mix would be insane.

Also the Bengals could still add Dansby, we have the most cap space in the NFL and still haven't cut Jamaal Anderson yet. We could cut Anderson and save 2.7 million dollars.

where would you play all of them? Burfict is definitely going to start, Maualuga is making starter's money, Harrison likely wouldn't be signed to be a backup, and Dansby will likely get starter-ish money.  

Another pansy wringing his hands over the Bengals' so-called "negative image".

Dansby and Harrison are about the same age. Harrison has been the far superior NFL player. So, why would you prefer Dansby?

Maybe Marvin and Zimmer don't share your opinion. In that case, or in any case, who cares what you think?

...said the little whiny hysterical guy with the melting Clark Bar in his back pocket.

Joe,

that was the twatiest response i have seen here in a long time.

first, nati listed several reasons that had nothing to do with negative image that were valid rasons he isnt worth bringing in, which is supported by the fact that he is unemployed a month into free agency.

second, they are 3 years apart, thats not the same age. its almost a 10% difference in age..

well 90% of the league agrees, since he is unemployed and his old team even wants nothing to do with him.

and your last response was even more pointless than the first ones were inaccurate.

you need a diet 7up or something to calm down? someone steal your clark bar?

get a grip

Joe,

that was the twatiest response i have seen here in a long time.

first, nati listed several reasons that had nothing to do with negative image that were valid rasons he isnt worth bringing in, which is supported by the fact that he is unemployed a month into free agency.

second, they are 3 years apart, thats not the same age. its almost a 10% difference in age..

well 90% of the league agrees, since he is unemployed and his old team even wants nothing to do with him.

and your last response was even more pointless than the first ones were inaccurate.

you need a diet 7up or something to calm down? someone steal your clark bar?

get a grip

This...

Maualuga is going to be at MLB pretty much regardless. And he should be. I don't want him anywhere else.
It will be nice to have someone like Harrison at SAM who is actually strong at the point of attack, unlike Lawson who got dominated and pushed around by WRs.

Harrison played ROLB in a 3-4 defense that used him as an edge rusher on almost every single down his entire career. And we plan on using him at strong side in a 4-3 defense that requires him to cover tightends brilliant plan buddy.

Harrison played ROLB in a 3-4 defense that used him as an edge rusher on almost every single down his entire career. And we plan on using him at strong side in a 4-3 defense that requires him to cover tightends brilliant plan buddy.

I think you need to double-check your information, because its not accurate. He doesn't play every down as an edge rusher, and he is actually pretty damn good in coverage.

Thank you. Harrison is no different than Clay Matthews Jr as far as position goes. Not really a fit here. Not saying he can't play in a 4-3 but he hasn't in a long time

Archived