*UPDATE* Bengals and James Harrison reach agreement on a deal

He'd be a good pickup if you got him close to vet minimum.  

Steelers cut him more for salary cap reasons than because he doesn't have anything left.  

Last season was a deceptive one.  For reasons that no Steeler fan can seem to figure out, Harrison waited until training camp to have surgery on his knee.  He admitted to it being an issue ever since the previous season was over, yet didn't do anything with it all offseason, finally electing to have the surgery right before the season started.  

As a result, he clearly didn't have the lower body strength through the first 2/3 of the season that he has relied upon his whole career.  As the season went on, however, you could see that strength returning and him becoming a better and better player.  He really seemed to be getting closer to full strength towards the end of the season.  

Now, obviously, even fully healthy, he's not going to be the guy that won the defensive player of the year.  I'd never expect that out of him at this point.  

But I do think he can get back to being a very good starter on a competing defense.  

I dont know how anyone watching him last year could think it would be a good pickup, the dude cant play anymore.

I'm not in favor of bringing him in here but I will defend him on the fact that he was coming back from a serious injury last year, knee apparently. During one of the game broadcasts they slowed down video of him trying an edge rush and showed how he wasn't able to bend at the knee like he used to, taking away his ability to get low and maintain speed in his most effective pass rush move, which is basically being too low and fast for a big fat tackle to block. I say Harrison's ability to play has more to do with the strength of that knee than his age. He didn't become a starter until later in his career so I'm not worried about wear and tear other than with that knee.

Another pansy wringing his hands over the Bengals' so-called "negative image".

Dansby and Harrison are about the same age. Harrison has been the far superior NFL player. So, why would you prefer Dansby?

Maybe Marvin and Zimmer don't share your opinion. In that case, or in any case, who cares what you think?

...said the little whiny hysterical guy with the melting Clark Bar in his back pocket.

I love your posts, it reminds me of those segments on the Chappelle Show "Ask a black dude" with Paul Mooney. Sometimes people need a virtual bitch slap.

I laugh at his posts nearly every time. maybe I don't take him seriously enough?

It would be boring around here without him, ...and I'm one of the guys who got slapped, ...for something I didn't post (? ... :shrug: :thwack1: ).

I laugh at his posts nearly every time. maybe I don't take him seriously enough?

The first sentence is always so vitriolic I imagine him bloodying his fingertips from typing really hard.  The rest of them are more normal, so his blood pressure drops quickly.

He'd be a good pickup if you got him close to vet minimum.  

Steelers cut him more for salary cap reasons than because he doesn't have anything left.  

Last season was a deceptive one.  For reasons that no Steeler fan can seem to figure out, Harrison waited until training camp to have surgery on his knee.  He admitted to it being an issue ever since the previous season was over, yet didn't do anything with it all offseason, finally electing to have the surgery right before the season started.  

As a result, he clearly didn't have the lower body strength through the first 2/3 of the season that he has relied upon his whole career.  As the season went on, however, you could see that strength returning and him becoming a better and better player.  He really seemed to be getting closer to full strength towards the end of the season.  

Now, obviously, even fully healthy, he's not going to be the guy that won the defensive player of the year.  I'd never expect that out of him at this point.  

But I do think he can get back to being a very good starter on a competing defense.  

Exactly...imagine adding Harrison to our 3rd down package..You would have Dunlap,MJ, Atkins, Gilberry, and Harrison coming after the qb...that's scary.

Why the fuck hasn't blue ridge been banned yet? It's getting ridiculous.

I don't really care one way or another.  I'm not sensitive.  But I will say if blue ridge does not need to be banned (IMO he does not) then Lewdog should be allowed back.  He was a lot less inflammatory.

I don't really care one way or another.  I'm not sensitive.  But I will say if blue ridge does not need to be banned (IMO he does not) then Lewdog should be allowed back.  He was a lot less inflammatory.

True... but on the other hand, if Lewdog wasn't as bad and has been banned, then blueridge needs to be shitcanned.

Only highly skilled writers can transport the reader somewhere by using only a few words.

I mention this because quite often when I read one of Blues posts I feel like I've wandered into a crime scene.

I'm a huge fan.

Only highly skilled writers can transport the reader somewhere by using only a few words.

I mention this because quite often when I read one of Blues posts I feel like I've wandered into a crime scene.

I'm a huge fan.

:lol:

I was trying to say it in a positive way.  :)

I know... I love being the devils advocate!

I'm a huge fan.

Either that or or he's not a skilled writer at all, just a curmudgeonly irritable bastard!

I'm a huge fan.

He is one of our best color commentators.

I'm a huge fan.

lol...yea.. I usually get a little irritated and then laugh

Now i realize it, this fucker is gonna cost us a game. A team might be driving on us and its 4th quarter and 4th down and we stop the other team and james harrison roughs the passer 5 seconds after he throws the ball and boom we lose the game and another year of one and done in the playoffs lol

:huh: Dansby is 3 1/2 years younger.

Never let facts get in the way of trolling.

Harrison would get flagged twice as much in a Bengal's uniform. Plus, he's a POS. Why even bring in someone that's made a career out of spearing people and late hits?

Archived