Explosions at Boston Marathon

MichaelWeston

I run marathons. Not fast so I am not showing off. There are 26 miles of people running through streets. How in the world will they be able to keep that safe? At the end there are thousands of people just lieing around trying to rehydrate, get their bodies back to some semblance of normal. I can't imagine this.

This has really shaken me up and I was nowhere near it because of how close I feel to it. That pic is unbeilavable.

I had a couple friends finish the race about an hour before the explosions. Luckily they didnt stick around.

Whispers are that they have caught a 20 year old Saudi national suspect and he is being held in a hospital because of his burns.

I had a couple friends finish the race about an hour before the explosions. Luckily they didnt stick around.

Whispers are that they have caught a 20 year old Saudi national suspect and he is being held in a hospital because of his burns.

They're not whispers.  About 450 or so they had him at an undisclosed hospital.

They're not whispers.  About 450 or so they had him at an undisclosed hospital.

I still haven't seen the mainstream media report it (ethnicity etc) yet. They have even been dancing around the "terrorism" word the whole time. Its obviously terrorism, you'd be an idiot to not call it that, but what is/was unknown is if it is homegrown or international. But it is a terror strike.

I still haven't seen the mainstream media report it (ethnicity etc) yet. They have even been dancing around the "terrorism" word the whole time. Its obviously terrorism, you'd be an idiot to not call it that, but what is/was unknown is if it is homegrown or international. But it is a terror strike.

I'm not so sure what is going on now after reading the following;

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/04/15/several-hurt-in-explosions-at-boston-marathon-finish-line/

CBS News senior correspondent John Miller said there is “an individual in custody,” a Saudi national who was near the scene of the blast.

Miller said a civilian claims the person was acting suspiciously and chased him down and tackled him after the explosions.

The man is said to be cooperating with investigators and denies any involvement.

Adrenaline charged civilian saw an Arab looking individual and deems it suspicious and tackles him (my interpretation).  Probably why he is in a hospital.  I sincerely hope that there is more to acting suspicious than him looking like an Arab.

Nati Ice published it earlier.  NY Post did so at 428 today.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/authorities_under_suspect_guard_y2m8cJO29uC2PDGIjYBalO

Posted:  4:28 PM, April 15, 2013
Authorities ID suspect as Saudi national in marathon bombings, under guard at Boston hospital

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/nbc-not-larger-threat_716402.html

"Boston police say there was no specific intelligence warning of any kind of attack, and federal officials tonight say there is no reason to think that this is part of any larger threat. At this point they believe it is confined to Boston, but a meeting tonight will decide whether any kind of national alert will be sent out. There is no suspect in custody, authorities say, but some people are being questioned, including some with injuries who were taken to Boston hospitals. One of those, a person in whom there is some interest, is a young person who was here on a student visa," NBC reports.

One last odd coincidence on this is that there was a major terrorism trial almost 1 year to the date in Boston.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5i4ZtgKNlJkGSgh30c4G20VbUs6eQ?docId=CNG.d14710124aa663bbefb607c73e872293.301

US man gets 17 years prison on terror charges

(AFP) – Apr 12, 2012  

BOSTON, Massachusetts — A US District judge sentenced a Boston man to 17.5 years in federal prison Thursday on charges of plotting to kill Americans by joining militants in Yemen and spreading Al-Qaeda publicity.

US District Judge George O'Toole delivered his sentence to Tarek Mehanna, 29, after a two-hour hearing. The prison sentence is to be followed by seven years of supervised release.

Yeah mine are crazy marathoner type people. Live/eat/breath distance and outdoor exercise regiments. I can barely run two miles.

The clock said 4:08 I finished Columbus this year at 4:02. Add in some lulls in the beginning before it thins out and I am running up, in the stalls or right there.

http://www.local15tv.com/mostpopular/story/UM-Coach-Bomb-Sniffing-Dogs-Spotters-on-Roofs/BrirjAzFPUKKN8z6eSDJEA.cspx

UM Coach: Bomb Sniffing Dogs, Spotters on Roofs Before Explosions
Reported by: John Dzenitis

11N.gif 12S.gif 14N.gif 16N.gif
Published: 3:30 pm
Updated: 6:25 pm

University of Mobile’s Cross Country Coach, who was near the finish line of the Boston Marathon when a series of explosions went off, said he thought it was odd there were bomb sniffing dogs at the start and finish lines.

"They kept making announcements to the participants do not worry, it's just a training exercise," Coach Ali Stevenson told Local 15.

Stevenson said he saw law enforcement spotters on the roofs at the start of the race. He's been in plenty of marathons in Chicago, D.C., Chicago, London and other major metropolitan areas but has never seen that level of security before.

"Evidently, I don't believe they were just having a training exercise," Stevenson said. "I think they must have had some sort of threat or suspicion called in."
Stevenson had just finished the marathon before the explosions. Stevenson said his wife had been sitting in one of the seating sections where an explosion went off, but thankfully she left her seat and was walking to meet up with him.

"We are just so thankful right now," Stevenson said.

Archived