With the 21st pick the Bengals select Tyler Eifert

150 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Pick

• Yes
    • No

I like it. It was just last night I was arguing with someone here about 2 things regarding Eifert:

1. The signing of Alex Smith was mostly irrelevant. He got a $40,000 signing bonus. That is indicative of a guy with an uphill battle to make the roster.

2. Eifert is an elite athlete. He finished at or near the top of the combine testing for TEs in every single category. I compared him to Luke Kuechly last year who really separated him self from the pack at his position by blowing up the combine and testing at a much higher level than people thought. He ran in the 4.6s (the initial hand time was 4.60) and he jumped 35.5 inches, which is right up there with guys like AJ Green. And within 1.5 inches of Cordarrelle Patterson.

Gruden:AJ Sanu and 2 TEs exciting...

Gruden: Eifert great great athlete...smart kid...can line up in different spots.

Gruden:I m sure Andy is happy. Make Andy happy.

#Bengals counting on tons of mismatches from Gresham-Eifert. 2 TEs West Coast Offense dream scenario

I did. Just not sure how we distribute this many balls. All is forgiven if we hit on our next 2 picks. Where does he line up?

It means the base O will be Green, Sanu, Gresham, and Eifert. 2TE 2WR instead of a 1TE 3WR like we had during Carsons years. Its about playing to Dalton's strengths. Im not sure its what I would have done but I get it.

Archived