Who do you want on day 2?

I'd like to see us package up some of the pointless picks (567) to try and get another 2nd. A first and three seconds is better than a bunch of UDFA's and one-tool projects. Or maybe just package them with our own second and move up. Especially as the draft is falling towards us because our needs are so different to the rest of the NFL.

If we can come away with Lacy and Cyprien as well as Eifert then we're in a great position.

Take best available and best fit of Cyprien, Elam, and Swearinger at 37.  All sliders and at least one should be there.  Be like getting two first round picks.  I am also thinking that Kirkpatrick will be like an extra first round pick for us this year.  Could be very nice...

Barrett Jones

Running back in Round 3.

Elam went to the Ravens so I now hate him.

I think it'll be Cyprien (unless someone jumps in front of us) at 37 and Bernard or Franklin at 53. I think Barrett Jones lasts until the 3rd round but we go LB or WR there

Yeah screw Zimmer he doesn't need any more talent to work with

Come on.  he's got a bunch of first rounders already.   He got the franchise tag player.   He just got a former defensive player of the year.

What did Gruden ever do to you? 

You'd have to think Lacy would be it if available just based on the amount of predictions he got for pick 21.

Kiper,  gave them Teo at 37.   That would be great discussion.

I've read in a few places that Lacy has some teams concerned re: medical stuff. I know he's had some hamstring issues. I really like his game - he's built to take a pounding, and he's a load that is tough to tackle. Concern I have with him is, it takes a little bit for him to get going. Once he does, he is good in the open field, shows "make you miss" ability and he has solid hands.

He's not as nimble as Bernard or Franklin, and certainly not as fast or sudden as Ellington. I'd be happy with any of those guys. But I like Lacy because the AFCN has good defenses, and I think his style would fit well against that... assuming the OL gives him room to get going.

2a:

Johnathan Cyprien S FIU

Tank Carradine DE FSU

Kevin Minter LB LSU

Arthur Brown LB Kansas St.

2b:

Giovani Bernard RB UNC

Johnathan Franklin RB UCLA

Andre Ellington RB Clemson

Montee Ball RB Wisconsin

Justin Hunter WR Tenn

3:

Da'Rick Rogers WR Tenn Tech

Khaseem Greene LB Rutgers

Barrett Jones C Alabama

Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina

Players I dont want:

Eddie Lacy RB Alabama

Manti Te'o LB Notre Dame

Menelik Watson OT FSU

I've read in a few places that Lacy has some teams concerned re: medical stuff. I know he's had some hamstring issues. I really like his game - he's built to take a pounding, and he's a load that is tough to tackle. Concern I have with him is, it takes a little bit for him to get going. Once he does, he is good in the open field, shows "make you miss" ability and he has solid hands.
He's not as nimble as Bernard or Franklin, and certainly not as fast or sudden as Ellington. I'd be happy with any of those guys. But I like Lacy because the AFCN has good defenses, and I think his style would fit well against that... assuming the OL gives him room to get going.

Edit - I also like Te'o, and think he'd represent good value. I love Arthur Brown's athleticism more, and I think he's more versatile, but Te'o has been very productive and I think he will be a solid NFL player.

I want a S and a RB. Still two picks left but if neither a S or RB goes in those two picks, we will be in great shape.

Since there has been more of a run on safeties in the first, I hope we draft a S at 37 and best RB available at 53.

Take best available and best fit of Cyprien, Elam, and Swearinger at 37.

At 53 take best available and best RB fit of Bernard, Franklin, or Ellington.

In round 3, Id probably go LB.

Cyprien and Lacey but bpa of those positions

Come on.  he's got a bunch of first rounders already.   He got the franchise tag player.   He just got a former defensive player of the year.

What did Gruden ever do to you? 

The defense is old. Hayden is advocating we draft offense with the 1st 3 picks. I'm saying it's dumb and Zimmer needs more young guys to work with. Specifically at safety.

The defense is old. Hayden is advocating we draft offense with the 1st 3 picks. I'm saying it's dumb and Zimmer needs more young guys to work with. Specifically at safety.

Old?   Maybe in a couple spots.    No way across the board.

The Defense is good and had a couple weak areas but not grossly weak.

They already have what should be a leading DPOY canidate in Atkins.  They just got a former DPOY.   He got the Franchise Tag.   Zimmer is getting Rey back and the rumor is Howard back as well.    He already has a no. 1 pick corner that's not going to be in the top 3 CBs when TC opens unless there is unforseen injury.

I'd be shocked if we don't take a RB @37

We can sign Crocker and go to war with this D, and it should still be improved with the additions of Harrison and Dre

IMO we have a fairly desperate need for a play maker at RB, and all comments from the org point towards focusing on making the O more dangerous

Anyone think there's a chance Cyprien falls to 53?

Eddie Lacy is BJGE. If you want a clone with maybe slightly better hands, go with it. There is nothing special about Lacy. Granted, another BJGE is better than what we had last year, but he wouldn't be my pick.

its unfair to call him a BJGE clone.  Lacy is far superior in nearly every way.  Better speed, Better blocker, better cut back runner, better receiver, more power, etc.

He's not a change of pace back to BJGE, I'll give you that.  But by no means a clone.

Who has actually seen Cyprien play? Do all of you get the Florida International package?  Or are most of you wanting him because he's high up on the draft guru boards?  I want him if the rumors that the Bengals are really high on him are true and he's truly a good value at 37.

I'd be shocked if we don't take a RB @37

We can sign Crocker and go to war with this D, and it should still be improved with the additions of Harrison and Dre

IMO we have a fairly desperate need for a play maker at RB, and all comments from the org point towards focusing on making the O more dangerous

Anyone think there's a chance Cyprien falls to 53?

I think there's better value than RB at 37.  The difference between a rb there or in the 80's is small, wheras other positions the difference is much greater, particularly with the positions that the top 3 or 4 have alreayd been picked.  that's why I can see them going S or LB with #37 and riding it out for BPA at 53.

I think there's better value than RB at 37.  The difference between a rb there or in the 80's is small, wheras other positions the difference is much greater, particularly with the positions that the top 3 or 4 have alreayd been picked.  that's why I can see them going S or LB with #37 and riding it out for BPA at 53.

If we get the OL built to make holes, we can get a late 2nd, 3rd or 4th rounder to run through them. 

Who has actually seen Cyprien play? Do all of you get the Florida International package?  Or are most of you wanting him because he's high up on the draft guru boards?  I want him if the rumors that the Bengals are really high on him and he's truly a good value at 37.

I think he'd be good value at 37 and was 4th or 5th on a lot of people's board depending on who they preferred.  So him potentially being the 4th off the board would be right in line.

Archived