IRS apologizes for targeting conservative groups...

Numbers

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/irs-apologizes-targeting-conservative-groups

IRS apologizes for targeting conservative groups

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Internal Revenue Service inappropriately flagged conservative political groups for additional reviews during the 2012 election to see if they were violating their tax-exempt status, a top IRS official said Friday.

Lerner said the practice was initiated by low-level workers in Cincinnati and was not motivated by political bias. After her talk, she told The AP that no high level IRS officials knew about the practice.

When is the Tea Party going to appologize to America for their existance?

I am more like a tea party in my beliefs..I think that if you are a believer In God you should not be a democrat..Just my 2 cents..Tea party fights for lives of the unborn and believes in our right to worship..Democrats do not believe in that..It is morals that make America just ask paul Ryan!

I am more like a tea party in my beliefs..I think that if you are a believer In God you should not be a democrat..Just my 2 cents..Tea party fights for lives of the unborn and believes in our right to worship..Democrats do not believe in that..It is morals that make America just ask paul Ryan!

Ohhhh Lawd you done did it now....

*rolls up sleves*

Psalm 82:3-4
3 Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed. 4 Rescue the weak and needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.

Proverbs 14:31
31 He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God.

Proverbs 21:13
13 If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered.

Proverbs 29:7
7 The righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.

Jeremiah 22:16
16 He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" declares the LORD.

Matthew 25:37-40 (My Favorite verse in the Bible)
37"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'40"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

Psalm 140:12
I know that the LORD secures justice for the poor and upholds the cause of the needy.

Isaiah 1:17
Learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow.

Isaiah 10:1-2 (My 2nd favorite verse)
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless.

Isaiah 61:8
"For I, the LORD, love justice; I hate robbery and iniquity. In my faithfulness I will reward them and make an everlasting covenant with them.

You see the Tea Party only cares about one thing, low taxes and government they can "reduce it to the size where I can drag it into the bathroom and drown it in a bathtub"

Paul Ryan's own budget cuts programs intended to help the poor and the sick while it gives tax cuts to the rich. Paul Ryan is a modern day Pharisee, hell he may be worse because at least the Pharisees gave to the poor.

The Tea Party is the antithesis of the Economic and Social Justice that Jesus spoke about.

Further that doesn't even take into account that this isnt a Christian Nation, rather a multi-thesitic one.

I still find it funny that low level workers can flag ANY political affiliation.  IF someone does not see a problem with that it is possible that there is a slight bias to their thought process.

I also thought it funny this was initiated in Cinci. 

Ohhhh Lawd you done did it now....

*rolls up sleves*

You see the Tea Party only cares about one thing, low taxes and government they can "reduce it to the size where I can drag it into the bathroom and drown it in a bathtub"

Paul Ryan's own budget cuts programs intended to help the poor and the sick while it gives tax cuts to the rich. Paul Ryan is a modern day Pharisee, hell he may be worse because at least the Pharisees gave to the poor.

The Tea Party is the antithesis of the Economic and Social Justice that Jesus spoke about.

Further that doesn't even take into account that this isnt a Christian Nation, rather a multi-thesitic one.

Ye not rights I believe you should help the poor..the richer you are the more you should help, I agree 100%..Also, The poor and needy are classified as the unborn too..You have to speak for them and there rights which is proably a thread in itself so I won't discuss more..Do you know giving to the poor is at a low right now..why? because jobs pay lower that even require skill..I have so many people on welfare and stay on welfare because it's free..you can give people everything or you can teach them to fish and be on there own..

I still find it funny that low level workers can flag ANY political affiliation.  IF someone does not see a problem with that it is possible that there is a slight bias to their thought process.

Cinci?

Ye not rights I believe you should help the poor..the richer you are the more you should help, I agree 100%..Also, The poor and needy are classified as the unborn too..You have to speak for them and there rights which is proably a thread in itself so I won't discuss more..Do you know giving to the poor is at a low right now..why? because jobs pay lower that even require skill..I have so many people on welfare and stay on welfare because it's free..you can give people everything or you can teach them to fish and be on there own..

Cinci?

Yes, in Cinci.  Probably Jamie did it... :ninja:  but probably not if he is still in Virginia so probably T-Dub or Luicid, etc...  :ninja:

Cinci?

Agrees 100% we should help the poor and wants to get rid of welfare

:facepalm:

many IRS offices are there.. almost all of the paperwork for my business and taxes and things are located there... that offices covers a huge part of the country...

Yes, in Cinci.  Probably Jamie did it... :ninja:  but probably not if he is still in Virginia so probably T-Dub or Luicid, etc...  :ninja:

I only do what my reptilian overlords command.

Actually, if it was up to me, I'd have quite a few of those Teabilly groups labeled terrorist organizations.  When you support overthrowing the government & "removing" a duly-elected President, I think that qualifies.  Throw in any fundamentalist Christian organization whose members have attacked abortion clinics, for that matter.  Oh that's right, only Muslim people can be terrorists. 

I only do what my reptilian overlords command.

Actually, if it was up to me, I'd have quite a few of those Teabilly groups labeled terrorist organizations.  When you support overthrowing the government & "removing" a duly-elected President, I think that qualifies.  Throw in any fundamentalist Christian organization whose members have attacked abortion clinics, for that matter.  Oh that's right, only Muslim people can be terrorists. 

:32:

Cinci?

Get rid of the "welfare trap" and people will be better able to pull themselves out of it faster.

The welfare trap theory asserts that taxation and welfare systems can jointly contribute to keep people on social insurance because the withdrawal of means tested benefits that comes with entering low-paid work causes there to be no significant increase in total income. An individual sees that the opportunity cost of returning to work is too great for too little a financial return, and this can create a perverse incentive to not work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welfare_trap

Allow people to begin earning a liveable wage before pulling the support 100% and they will be more likely to wean themselves off of it.

Out of curiosity I've been looking for a list of designated domestic terrorist organizations, like from DHS or whoever.. Apparently there isn't one? I did find a document that mentions "types" of domestic terror groups, which includes "sovereign citizen" movements and all that.. But as far as official designation, ie freezing bank accounts, opening anyone offering material support to them to prosecution, all that stuff.. Apparently there aren't any - not one.  Granted this was just a cursory google search, but I did find articles etc asking the same question; that is, why isn't, for example, the KKK designated a terrorist organization?

If anyone knows differently please correct me, because as far as I can tell, from a legal standpoint there are no designated domestic terrorist groups. And that's kinda fucked up.

Archived