Fox brings back 24 with Kiefer Sutherland

Bengals1181

Here is what I want to happen:

[spoiler]Presuming the daugther lives, I hope she comes to her senses and shoots mom and ends everything. She was really emotional dealing with her husband's sister and she didn't want to kill her. [/spoiler]

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah.  I especially loved how Kate played Steve.  And actually firing on that carrier will be difficult to resolve in "2 hours".

I'm thinking the two countries will come to an understanding that it was done by a third party, with maybe even the UK vouching for the weapon being out in the open.

[spoiler] one big question is the time jump. They have said there will be a time jump as the full season will be 24 hours. Will 11 hours have gone by and no time jump. That leads me to the belief that the time jump will be last minute and say "12 hours later".

If they go happy ending, it would have to be 12 hours later jack has been pardoned for all his crimes and gets off a flight at LAX or something and hugs Kim and her kids. That would appear as a happy ending anyways. They could always still have another season after that now that he could be back in the states.

Unhappy ending, Jack dies. Could potentially do a spinoff with Kate. Maybe that was the whole point of this season, see if they can transition into a new show without keifer. Maybe keif agreed to do 12 more episodes to help transition the show into a new lead. They could then say "well if it  goes well with yvonne, will do another season with her as the lead, if it doesnt go well then at least we had one solid final season that wrapped up jacks story.

Really either the happy or unhappy ending could still involve transitioning the show to a new lead.

Idk though, will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow.

[/spoiler]

How cool would it be if they kept another season completely under wraps and end with a "To be continued" tonight.

[spoiler] Or not. I would be shocked if there wasnt another season or at least a movie. Cant leave jack in the hands of the russians and not say what happens from there. That felt a lot more like a season finale then a series finale.

I thought it was a great episode and season. Audrey dying and jacks reaction was pretty intense. 

My only real negative reaction is that the last few minutes felt an awful lot like the finale of season 5. In that case he was captured by Cheng and the chinese to have to answer for his breaking into the chinese embassy and a chinese guy getting killed. This time captured by the russians and having to answer for his killing of the russian guys in season 8. Just seemed a little repetitive.

[/spoiler]

• 1 month later...

http://www.hypable.com/2014/09/02/24-movie-talks-start-up-again/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=24-movie-talks-start-up-again

Details are obviously scarce but apparently Imagine Entertainment has an idea in mind for a feature that they’re fond of and want to see happen. It remains to be seen what that idea could be as a lot of the original plans for the 24 movie were incorporated into Live Another Day, including the London setting.

Any deal for a movie could also be turfed by Fox, who could be interested in another Live Another Day-style miniseries based on its relative critical and popular success. There has also been speculation of a spin off for Yvonne Strahovski’s Kate Morgan character.

Whether through film or television, it looks like multiple parties are interested in keeping the 24 franchise going. And that’s good news for all 24 fans.

Oh and just a couple random, not-relevant-to-anything parting stats: Kiefer Sutherland is currently 47 years old. Roger Moore was 45 when he first appeared as James Bond and didn’t quit until he was 58. Another decade of Jack Bauer? Why not?

Archived