XBOX ONE Announcement, DRM concerns....

So basically sharing games thing was a lie how we couldn't share games on both new systems? I didn't read too much but just what I heard. Also I heard that we can't buy games that they are only downloads now. Guess that's not true either?

I honestly haven't researched enough.  I think that I am just going to wait until both come out..see if there are any bugs in the systems and then buy whichever seems to be getting better reviews.  I like Sony's game selection a little better (not a huge halo fan), but I like Xbox live.  I haven't played playstation online since PS2.

I think Xbox will eventually win out because of Xbox live, but I think the gap will be closer than it has been.

I haven't had an inconsistent internet connection since I was 15 (14 years ago) and they hadn't run DSL out to my parents house way out in the country in a small town called Farmersville Ohio.

My Xbox has probably been on and not connected to the internet 5 times over the last 8 years.

I don't understand the outrage...

Not really much of a console gamer myself but the overwhelming reaction I've seen after E3 was that Sony punched the XB1 straight in the dick.  The attempt at damage control may help but it's still a more expensive platform that all the consolers I know were already poking fun at even before E3.  Since then it's kinda turned into a running joke.

Not really much of a console gamer myself but the overwhelming reaction I've seen after E3 was that Sony punched the XB1 straight in the dick.  The attempt at damage control may help but it's still a more expensive platform that all the consolers I know were already poking fun at even before E3.  Since then it's kinda turned into a running joke.

You are right about E3, but this is major damage control that should be successful. There may be people who don't trust Microsoft or won't go Xbox out of spite, but I believe they are the minority. Should be a close battle now.

They also said the family sharing/multiple sub-accounts thing will also now go away with this change. I was looking forward to this feature, and anyone with a family and kids playing the Xbox should lament this feature going away. If I complain loudly enough, will they bring this feature back?

They also said the family sharing/multiple sub-accounts thing will also now go away with this change. I was looking forward to this feature, and anyone with a family and kids playing the Xbox should lament this feature going away. If I complain loudly enough, will they bring this feature back?

What they could do is essentially have both policies. If you download the virtual game you get the family share stuff but can't resell. If you buy a physical disc you don't get family share but are free to do whatever you want with the game. Probably would confuse too many people though.

I don't agree with everything there, but he makes some good points.

At the end of the day, Microsoft has caved into one segment of pissed off customers and as a result pissed off most of the other half. No matter what they do at this point, they have a large segment unhappy.

What evidence do you have of this? Literally everything I have seen has suggested a large lead by Sony.

He's fucking high. Even on amazon, sure Xbox one is #1. Because there's just one sku on there. There's 5 different ones for the PS4. Microsoft is allocating a ridiculously low number of consoles for stores to preorder.

Go, you are literally retarded if you think it was 1% of people who got turned off by this.

He's fucking high. Even on amazon, sure Xbox one is #1. Because there's just one sku on there. There's 5 different ones for the PS4. Microsoft is allocating a ridiculously low number of consoles for stores to preorder.

Go, you are literally retarded if you think it was 1% of people who got turned off by this.

1. amazon combines the multiple editions sales, just as they are all listed on the item(if you click on any version of the ps4, all version are listed there in the item listing), for the same reason youll get reviews for different size TV's of the same model under each of the models: http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Launch-Edition/dp/B00BGA9WK2/ref=zg_bsar_videogames_2   

2. All i have to really go off is the amazon and gamestop sales. Which I am limited to regional access, the neighbor store to my work houses the southwest region director, which is colorado, NM, nevada, (and one other shitty state, wyoming or utah i presume).. and roughly the time i posted that, the 200-ish stores were within 750 consoles of eachother, ps4 had the lead...

fanbois talking shit and internet memes have no impact on real world sales.

ps3 sold 26 million in the US, 360 sold 44 million in the US most people are going to stick with the same type console, same online account, etc..

even if 25% switched, which would be astonishing... it would be a dead heat...in the end..

in the first 3 days, ps4 was way ahead by 20-30k consoles and i still see articles showing those states but showing as updated within the last day or so.. but the numbers werent updated, just the articles talking about the DRM changes, etc..

none of these numbers seem to include direct pre orders either, so sony.com store and xbox store sales...

id say by the end of july/early august there will be a pretty clear view on sales numbers... maybe im way off.. but i figure amazon and gamestop were pretty good indicators..

forum trolls and memes have no effect on the real world..

majority of people buying a console are over 25, and are parents, and are buying it for their kids...

we shall see in a few months...

Yeah. And parents see the fucking price tag first of all. 400 vs 500. What do you think they're gonna pick?

And look at this

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=598291

Turns out Microsoft was even lying about the family sharing bullshit. 1 hour fucking limits. So much for it being a huge lost feature. Face it dude. 100 more for worse hardware and sketchy ass Microsoft. No thanks

And who is talking about forum trolls and shit? It was getting negative publicity EVERYWHERE. The local and national news. Radio. Late nite hosts were cracking jokes about it. People that don't know shit about gaming like we do we're talking about it when I went into work the other day. Stop minimizing it.

fanbois talking shit and internet memes have no impact on real world sales.

forum trolls and memes have no effect on the real world..

Relax man, I don't even own a console & I'm not likely to buy one any time soon. You seem a little overly-invested in all this.

Otherwise, I think you're flat wrong about it having no effect.  Who do you think creates/sees these jokes & memes etc anyway? Their target audience - the people who will or will not buy these things. Not sure how you can dismiss internet media as having an affect on sales of a tech product. Not saying it's going to bury them one way or the other but you're kidding yourself if you think it's not influencing people.

Also, shit was funny, which was the main point.

• 1 month later...

Archived