The Glenn Beck thread

BengalBacker

Since most everything posted in here and most every view expressed is a regurgitation or defense of the far left, I'm starting this thread as a public service.

Honestly I rarely see or hear any Glenn Beck since he left Fox, I watched him occasionally when he was on there. He's not my hero, I don't worship him, I recognize that he goes over the top with drama for effect. I do agree with him sometimes, I disagree with him others. If he's a disingenuous raving lunatic, as most of you think, that doesn't  necessarily mean he's always wrong, lol. From what I've seen of him, I tend to think he's right more often than he's wrong though, or at least closer to being right than the propaganda/willful ignorance put out by the MSM. I don't think he's just another Alex Jones, I think for the most part Beck's conspiracies are based on some truths.

I'm doing this mostly to try to make Jamie's head explode, either from indignant rage or uncontrollable laughter. Or at least shit his pants :ninja?: Also so that some of you who only expose yourself to msnbc, cnn, Huffington Post and all the other leftist MSM views, might at least consider a point he makes here or there and put down the kool-aid for a minute. Beck is a Morman and a Libertarian. That puts him much more in line with Republican views than the Democrats, but he does bash both sides.

When I post these, it doesn't necessarily mean that I agree with them, although I might, but I'm not going to debate them. If Obama sprouted horns and declared himself to be the anti-christ most of you would say he's still better than a damn conservative, so there's no point debating, at least for me. Of course Homer thinks that's a copout because I know I'll lose the arguments. Maybe he's right. Unlike some, I don't think I know all the answers and I don't agree with "the right" on many issues either. But I don't think questions should stop being asked, or any party should be followed blindly. Beck asks questions and looks for answers, which is more than most of the media does today unless the target is conservative. Of course Beck's target is progressives, so in that sense he's the same as them, but he considers most Republicans to be progressives too.

Anyway, feel free to ignore these, or ridicule them and me, or debate/comment on them. I'm just going to randomly put them out there as I come across them. Maybe I should do a Fox News thread too. :39:  You guys need some fresh meat to spice things up a bit in here. Plus your arms have to be tired from all of the circle-jerking that goes on in here. ^_^ Maybe if I toss some puppies into the pitbull ring you'll get some exercise.

Here's the first one at random, haven't even watched it yet.

http://youtu.be/MFn5uzWDMZM

I hate Glenn Beck.

I  Megaloathe Glenn Beck.

Its not because of his views, regardless of how much i disagree with them, it's his appraoch. He's like a used car salesman and he's a fucking snake down to his core.

He's preys on the ignorant, and spoon feeds them lies, hate, and fear.

He spits out enough bullshit, at a quick enough pace, that the average ignorant listener can easily assume its true. Then, when he makes his point, it makes a lot of sense provided you accept the radical and blantant bullshit used to establish said point.

Then he senationalizes the piss out whatever garbage he just spewed out.

Because emotion is what matters. Complex ideas about complex systems and situations are hard to digest and understand. Emotions are easy. Anger is easy.

He's the poster boy for the embarassing fucking disgrace our society is in regard to integrity and intelectualism.

Fuck the truth. Fuck thinking. Just tell me who to be mad at.

What Beck does is disengious, he takes half truths and spins them into narritives that make his already ready to believe liberals are the problem in this country sheeple viewers believe that narritive.

His bs has been unpacked by people before, and I loved Jon Stewart's impersonation of it, but I will be happy when he and his ilk go back in their hole and let the adults run this country.

“I’m a rodeo clown.” - Glenn Beck

This was the greatest thing on TV I've seen in years.... (and personally I like to think its one of the reasons Beck isnt on the air anymore, which would make Crossfire and Beck taken down by Stewart)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdw0T5Q66tc

.. If Obama sprouted horns and declared himself to be the anti-christ most of you would say he's still better than a damn conservative, so there's no point debating, at least for me. ..

In that event, at least he would finally be taking a stand in truthiness. 

• 1 year later...

The Baltimore Riots are a government set up. Beck is a "Baltimore Truther"

:24:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=G_ckUBPUFOE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=saypgJt98oY

I wonder how one reconciles "Mormon" with "Libertarian" when the LDS have given Utah vice/blue laws that are in line with Singapore.

In this particular case I would guess it's because both those things take a back seat to money and love for the sound of his own voice, but that's just my impression.

I attended one of his live shows here in Ohio many years back. It was entertaining and minimally political. All in all a good time regardless of what side of the isle you were on.

That said, I cannot stand his radio show, as I believe it is too preachy and chickenhawk-ish in nature, let alone not being in line with my political beliefs.

If you disagree, pray on it.

Archived