***UPDATE***Pacman found NOT GUILTY of Assault.

It;s not a judgement, based upon the tweet, it seems like there was some sort of physical altercation. That is literally the last thing he should be involved in at this point. He runs a 4.4 forty. Run away.

that's dumb.  You're not always in a position to "just run away".

It;s not a judgement, based upon the tweet, it seems like there was some sort of physical altercation. That is literally the last thing he should be involved in at this point. He runs a 4.4 forty. Run away.

We don't know that he put himself in a precarious situation though.  Let's see what the details are.  It may be someone started something and both were arrested after he defended himself.

Bengals CB Adam Jones arrested in what his agent Peter Schaffer calls "a travesty of justice." Schaffer said police haven't spoken to Jones.

Schaffer said 2 intoxicated women approached Jones at Reds game, took picture with him, threw bottle of beer at him, then Jones slapped one.

Why does this stuff happen to Adam Jones? I just don't get it. Andy Dalton is at Reds games all the time, yet things never go this way. I love Pac as a player, but there is a common denominator in all of his problems. 

leaving racial issues out of it, there are people that exist in this world who make it a point to "put themselves in situations to be able to sue people with money."  This, very likely was one of those situations. Even though pacman is broke.

Not going to help his reputation but doesn't sound like it will be a real legal issue.

There's still a chance he could be suspended. Not to mention his name is furthered dragged through the mud. There's security all over the ballpark. All he had to do was call over a cop. Anything less than that from him is stupidity.

leaving racial issues out of it, there are people that exist in this world who make it a point to "put themselves in situations to be able to sue people with money."  This, very likely was one of those situations. Even though pacman is broke.

If it is admitted, that Jones did slap them, then he is indeed the dumbest human being alive. Regardless of whether they deserved it or not, why do I still have to keep feeling sorry for a person who refuses to get out of their own way? Do you honestly think if that was Dalton or Atkins, that it would have gone down the same way?

Adam Jones to be charged after Thursday incident at bar

Posted by Mike Florio on June 10, 2013, 1:04 PM EDT
jones.jpg?w=218AP

The football player formerly known as Pacman has done a decent job of staying out of trouble in recent years.

That ended Thursday, with an incident in a Cincinnati bar that will result in Jones turning himself in to authorities later today.

Bengals cornerback Adam Jones broke the news of his predicament on Twitter:  “Just got arrested for protecting myself, I will not let this break me or change what I have work so hard for. . . .”

His agent, Peter Schaffer, tells PFT by phone that Jones was at a bar after a Reds game.  Jones was approached by two women that he deemed to be intoxicated, and they wanted to take a picture with him.  Jones declined.

After he declined, one of them threw a beer bottle at him, striking his head from point blank range.  So he turned and slapped her and said, “What are your doing?  Stop it!”

Schaffer says that he has spoken to multiple eyewitnesses who corroborate Jones’ version of the events.  Schaffer also says that the police have spoken to none of the witnesses, other than the two women.

“If it was anybody other than Adam Jones, they would have investigated it,” Schaffer said of the police.  “If it was anybody other than Adam Jones, they wouldn’t have arrested him.”

We haven’t researched Ohio law on self-defense, so we don’t know whether a retaliatory slap after being struck by an object is permissible.  Still, if Jones’ version is accurate, he wasn’t the aggressor.  At a minimum, the woman who threw the bottle also should be charged.

Jones, a first-round pick of the Titans in 2005, had multiple brushes with the law early in his career.  Since serving a one-year suspension from 2007 to 2008, he largely has remained out of trouble.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/10/adam-jones-to-be-charged-after-thursday-incident-at-bar/

If it is admitted, that Jones did slap them, then he is indeed the dumbest human being alive. Regardless of whether they deserved it or not, why do I still have to keep feeling sorry for a person who refuses to get out of their own way? Do you honestly think if that was Dalton or Atkins, that it would have gone down the same way?

if he walked up to them and slapped her yea.  Me personally, if someone within arms length hits me in the head with a beer bottle, my basic muscle memory instinct would be to swing.

if he walked up to them and slapped her yea.  Me personally, if someone within arms length hits me in the head with a beer bottle, my basic muscle memory instinct would be to swing.

Not if you knew that another brush with the law was going to cost you millions of dollars. You also probably wouldn't be at a bar if you are known to have a problem with alcohol and your last arrest came inside of one.

In college I had a drunk ex girlfriend on spring break come up to me, start yelling at me and the hit me three times in the face. She was a small girl so it didn't really hurt but I obviously had to do something to get her to stop so I put my hand on her forehead/face and pushed her away so that she was far enough away that she couldn't keep htting me. Guess what she told everyone that would listen? That I slapped her across the face. Luckily, there were a ton of people around so everyone knew I didn't do anything more than move her out of arms length, wouldn't be at all surprised if this was something similar.

Archived