2013 Opponents Thread

You completely missed the point of jebs post. He wasn't saying we should trade orson for actual value, he was making a semi joke saying they are so desperate for a te that they would give up a ton for a backup te. I don't think he actually thought we could get a first and second for orson.

He wast saying we should call them up and work out a fair deal, he was joking that maybe they will get disparate enough and way over pay.

You obviously missed the joke.

...thank you.

(I changed it to 3 first picks for Gresham, ...it should be obvious now.)

Baltimore South.

Miami certainly picked the right time to have a good off season.   Wallace and Hartline will be a very good WR pair if Wallace can stay healthy.  It will be a miracle if NE has even close to last year's offensive production this year and that should be a HUGE concern considering their defense was ranked 25th last year.  In 4 years, Danny Amendola has 1726 yards receiving.  

Miami certainly picked the right time to have a good off season.   Wallace and Hartline will be a very good WR pair if Wallace can stay healthy.  It will be a miracle if NE has even close to last year's offensive production this year and that should be a HUGE concern considering their defense was ranked 25th last year.  In 4 years, Danny Amendola has 1726 yards receiving.  

While I'm not sure all of their moves will work out like the Pundits think - seems like they are in a bit too much of a hurry - the core seems pretty good and lord knows that we need someone to give the Patsies some troubles during the season besides their own players.

I was already wondering what the Pats were up to diddling around with their #1 and trying to play hardball with Welker.  Seems like they were convinced they could do what they pleased with the guy.  It reminded me of the crazy fidding Shanahan did in Denver with his RBs, which worked for a bit until the wheels came off and he ended up being fired.

While I'm not sure all of their moves will work out like the Pundits think - seems like they are in a bit too much of a hurry - the core seems pretty good and lord knows that we need someone to give the Patsies some troubles during the season besides their own players.

I was already wondering what the Pats were up to diddling around with their #1 and trying to play hardball with Welker.  Seems like they were convinced they could do what they pleased with the guy.  It reminded me of the crazy fidding Shanahan did in Denver with his RBs, which worked for a bit until the wheels came off and he ended up being fired.

They did OK last season.  I think they will be better this season while I can't fathom NE being better but we shall see.

While I'm not sure all of their [Dolphins] moves will work out like the Pundits think - seems like they are in a bit too much of a hurry - the core seems pretty good and lord knows that we need someone to give the Patsies some troubles during the season besides their own players.

Rumor has it Miami is going for it this year, even at the risk of future cap problems, because the team fears it's fanbase is at a Bengalish tipping/breaking point that won't survive a traditional multi-year rebuilding project. Thus, the need to make alot of noise and create alot of excitement immediately. And there's the rub, at least for me, because until recent events weakened the Patriots making some noise and creating a little buzz was all I thought the Dolphins were capable of doing this season. But now it seems like the division crown is there for the taking.

Rumor has it Miami is going for it this year, even at the risk of future cap problems, because the team fears it's fanbase is at a Bengalish tipping/breaking point that won't survive a traditional multi-year rebuilding project. Thus, the need to make alot of noise and create alot of excitement immediately. And there's the rub, at least for me, because until recent events weakened the Patriots making some noise and creating a little buzz was all I thought the Dolphins were capable of doing this season. But now it seems like the division crown is there for the taking.

The entire AFC has never been so weak as it will be this season. Quality teams at the top tier are very few, and the bottom tier is loaded with many mediocre teams. Figure out who you think the best three AFC teams are, then decide how many NFC teams are as good or better than that trio. That's why I think the route to the AFC championship for the Bengals has never been as open as it will be this coming season. Even for Bengals teams that might be better or more proven than the 2013 team.

Sounds like the stuff the baseball team in Miami used to do.  Might be cool if it works, but I'm not sure how the fans will like even a good year with an immediate breakdown due to cap.

Apparently, I post too much on this board, ...my bad,

Those posts are just a conspiracy to silence you....fight the invisible masters!  Strike back!!

Apparently, I post too much on this board, ...my bad,

Just ribbing ya, brother..

For those in the know, if he gets brought in on obstruction of justice, is he probably going to get off with some probation and such?  Sounds like the guy is pretty guilty..

Just ribbing ya, brother..

For those in the know, if he gets brought in on obstruction of justice, is he probably going to get off with some probation and such?  Sounds like the guy is pretty guilty..

You are allowed to destroy your own phone, your own security system, and have your house professionally cleaned...unless there's a credible witness that can testify that crime evidence was being destroyed. Four guys go out, only three come home. The one that's missing turns up dead a quarter-mile from Hernandez's. If one of the three killed the victim and no one goes to the authorities, all three can be charged for the homicide. But of course one of them can strike a deal to get a lesser charge...if one of them has decided to talk, it definitely doesn't sound like it is Hernandez. 

You are allowed to destroy your own phone, your own security system, and have your house professionally cleaned...unless there's a credible witness that can testify that crime evidence was being destroyed. Four guys go out, only three come home. The one that's missing turns up dead a quarter-mile from Hernandez's. If one of the three killed the victim and no one goes to the authorities, all three can be charged for the homicide. But of course one of them can strike a deal to get a lesser charge...if one of them has decided to talk, it definitely doesn't sound like it is Hernandez. 

I can't imagine all 3 guys decided to kill this guy. One of the 3 will roll. Being a snitch is way better than 10 to 25 in real prison.

Miami was trying to get voters to approve taxpayer paid improvements at the stadium. Paying 50 or 60 mil in additional salary for a year is cheap compared to the couple hundred mil the stadium would cost. That blew up in their faces when the legislature wouldn't approve the vote.

I can't imagine all 3 guys decided to kill this guy. One of the 3 will roll. Being a snitch is way better than 10 to 25 in real prison.

Usually a conspiracy breaks but theoretically if all 3 hang tough, none go to prison. Hard to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt with no witnesses or evidence that points to anyone in particular. Classic prisoner dilemma.

Usually a conspiracy breaks but theoretically if all 3 hang tough, none go to prison. Hard to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt with no witnesses or evidence that points to anyone in particular. Classic prisoner dilemma.

Judging by the info leaked so far, if these 3 are directly responsible for a homicide, they aren't going to be smart enough to stick to the same lie. I would guess one of them is going to get royally fucked by the other 2. My hope is that they turn on Hernandez.

Judging by the info leaked so far, if these 3 are directly responsible for a homicide, they aren't going to be smart enough to stick to the same lie. I would guess one of them is going to get royally fucked by the other 2. My hope is that they turn on Hernandez.

If you were Hernandez and had a ton of money, why wouldn't you have your legal team also represent the two other guys? That way everyone is on the same page and law enforcement can't play one suspect against the other.

You know, if you want to get away with (literal)murder...

If you were Hernandez and had a ton of money, why wouldn't you have your legal team also represent the two other guys? That way everyone is on the same page and law enforcement can't play one suspect against the other.

You know, if you want to get away with (literal)murder...

I'm sure his lawyer will suggest that but he's already done so much stupid shit in the last week, who knows

I'm sure his lawyer will suggest that but he's already done so much stupid shit in the last week, who knows

I don't know if a judge can forbid this, but it seems an obvious conflict of interest for the lawyer.  As well as instant grounds for appeal by the other two guys, saying that the lawyer was really Hernandez' and sold them down the river.

I don't know if a judge can forbid this, but it seems an obvious conflict of interest for the lawyer.  As well as instant grounds for appeal by the other two guys, saying that the lawyer was really Hernandez' and sold them down the river.

Hernandez is free to pay legal bills for his co-defendants. Their lawyers are free to make an agreement for a joint defense. Each person's lawyer owes his duty to the person he represents rather than whoever is paying his bills. It's common in mob trials for the boss to pay for the defense of the underlings so they don't roll on him. It was also used by the Clinton Whitehouse during one of the scandals. The prosecutors didn't want witnesses comparing notes to orchestrate their testimony. The administration staffers got around that by using joint defense agreements, even when they weren't facing charges.

Point still is I doubt all three were in on the murder.  I could be wrong but probably not likely.  One of them pulled the trigger on the gun.  Only a fool would take the chance of being an accessory to either 1st or 2nd degree murder if they didn't pull the trigger. Taking a huge risk.  The facts as we know it so far certainly point in only one direction that being one of the three killed the guy.

Rey turned on his buddies in a hearbeat.  I don't think he actually killed anyone but he did try and cover it up for a short period of time.  His lawyer talked some sense into him and he rolled to save his ass which worked.  Hernandez seems to be going the other route and that would indicate he was probably the shooter.  Per speculation but the pieces to the puzzle do seem to point in that direction.

Hernandez may well be the shooter but the prosecution has to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. The longer the posse refrain from cooperation, the less credible they look if they testify vs Hernandez. Hernandez doesn't have to testify or explain himself so his lawyers are free to offer alternative theories of the case, especially one pointing to the prosecution witnesses. If the forensic evidence was clearcut, AH would already be under arrest.

Hernandez may well be the shooter but the prosecution has to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. The longer the posse refrain from cooperation, the less credible they look if they testify vs Hernandez. Hernandez doesn't have to testify or explain himself so his lawyers are free to offer alternative theories of the case, especially one pointing to the prosecution witnesses. If the forensic evidence was clearcut, AH would already be under arrest.

This isn't CSI where forensic evidence spills out in 45 minutes and commercials.  It takes time.   And plenty of people get convicted on the kind of evidence they are likely to get, like cell phone location tracking.  It is by no means a sure thing that shutting up gets them all off.   Or that he will have enough money to pay them off and the lawyers too.

This isn't CSI where forensic evidence spills out in 45 minutes and commercials.  It takes time.   And plenty of people get convicted on the kind of evidence they are likely to get, like cell phone location tracking.  It is by no means a sure thing that shutting up gets them all off.   Or that he will have enough money to pay them off and the lawyers too.

Certainly, but it's hard to convict rich people in this country who have the means to exercise all of their rights. The overwhelming majority of criminal cases in the US are resolved without trial, typically with the defendant not having a good lawyer.

Archived