Patriots' Aaron Hernandez' home searched after killing

BengalBacker

This whole thing now with Hernandez destroying his security system at his house and smashing his cellphone looks really shady. I'm betting he gets charged with at least conspiracy to commit murder, if not the murder itself. With Hernandez out of the picture and Gronkowski having seemingly endless surgeries, this should have a serious impact on the Patriots offense...and on Tebow's playing time, potentially.

Between this and the injury plagued Gronk, the Gresham pick is looking great now.

Point taken, but unless Dennis Pitta is arrested for knifing a nun in the next few days saying the Gresham pick is "looking great" smacks a bit of overstatement. Mostly because until he proves different Gresham's still the guy who melted down when it mattered most.

That said, I like what I've heard from Gresham this offseason, and I like the way his name keeps popping up when the rookies talk about the help they've gotten from veterans. And even better, I like the way Gresham stood out at the recent OTAs. He clearly hasn't gone into a shell after the meltdown, which was a concern of mine, and at the risk of putting lipstick on my favorite pig...(ahem)....I'm starting to think Gresham's vow to use past failure as present day motivation might be more than just words.

Point taken, but unless Dennis Pitta is arrested for knifing a nun in the next few days saying the Gresham pick is "looking great" smacks a bit of overstatement. Mostly because until he proves different Gresham's still the guy who melted down when it mattered most.

Gresham has 70 more catches, 800 more yards and 5 more TDs than Pitta.

That said, I like what I've heard from Gresham this offseason, and I like the way his name keeps popping up when the rookies talk about the help they've gotten from veterans. And even better, I like the way Gresham stood out at the recent OTAs. He clearly hasn't gone into a shell after the meltdown, which was a concern of mine, and at the risk of putting lipstick on my favorite pig...(ahem)....I'm starting to think Gresham's vow to use past failure as present day motivation might be more than just words.

Meltdown?

Come on man. Don't be so dramatic.

The guy dropped a pass. Hardly qualifies as a meltdown. People are ridiculous.

Pitta is going to be elite this year

I won't go that far, mostly because I think getting Ed Dickson up to speed is a greater priority going forward, but Pitta was Greshams equal last season.

In fact, many of their stats are nearly identical. For example, both were targeted 94 times. Gresham managed to catch 3 more balls than Pitta, averaged a half yard more per grab, and was slightly better after the catch. Pitta produced more TD's, a slightly longer score, and nearly matched Gresham in first downs, 29/33. Best, Pitta has never fumbled while in the NFL while the more decorated player, Gresham, has fumbled five times.

I won't go that far, mostly because I think getting Ed Dickson up to speed is a greater priority going forward, but Pitta was Greshams equal last season.

In fact, many of their stats are nearly identical. For example, both were targeted 94 times. Gresham managed to catch 3 more balls than Pitta, averaged a half yard more per grab, and was slightly better after the catch. Pitta produced more TD's, a slightly longer score, and nearly matched Gresham in first downs, 29/33. Best, Pitta has never fumbled while in the NFL while the more decorated player, Gresham, has fumbled five times.

Awesome. Basically what you're saying is if you're a fantasy football loser, Pitta is a good selection.

For those of us who care about REAL football, Gresham is a much better all-around player.

Get out of here with stats. If that's what you care about and base your argument on, post on the fantasy board.

For those of us who care about REAL football, Gresham is a much better all-around player.

Do penalties count in real football?

Do fumbles count in real football?

Do mental mistakes count in real football?

Do full blown mental meltdowns in playoff games count in real football?

And get the fuck out of here with your get out of here with stats rant because the first person to respond to my remarks did so with stats....which is still better than your shit-mouthed spewing about fantasy football.

Awesome. Basically what you're saying is if you're a fantasy football loser, Pitta is a good selection.

Get out of here with stats. If that's what you care about and base your argument on, post on the fantasy board.

WTF are you on about? Since when do stats not matter in football? Pitta had essentially an equal season production-wise to Gresham last season and was a fourth round pick while Gresh was a first rounder. What's your point here? Oh, and Pitta won a Superbowl. Just saying.

Archived