Start Now toolbar virus---HELP!

I have to get ready to go to work now, so I'll check back in tonight. I use Firefox but it was in chrome too. It changed my settings in both to use start now as my home page, I changed it back and uninstalled the program through windows. It kind of seemed to fix it but I don't think it completely got rid of it.

This site is more reputable and has the registry keys to remove to make sure you got it all:  http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/26194-63-startnow-toolbar-unknown-publisher-remove

And the registry keys are from a MS forum.  I would boot it up in safe mode and delete any remaining files\folders associated with it and remove the registry keys.  You'll also need to check FF and Chrome to make sure that there isn't an extension still loaded or showing in your extensions list.

Lemme know... 

Backer I have to say I'm kind of curious, arent you a graphic artist? Why the need for late hours?

I'm a pre-press technician. Short version, that means I take files from the clients and do what needs to be done to print them on our presses. We run three shifts.

I'm a pre-press technician. Short version, that means I take files from the clients and do what needs to be done to print them on our presses. We run three shifts.

I'm impressed that you are still in possession of intact fingers. I've known a couple people that worked printing presses and both of them were missing pieces of their index fingers.

I'm impressed that you are still in possession of intact fingers. I've known a couple people that worked printing presses and both of them were missing pieces of their index fingers.

That was my dad back in the 60's, worked at McCall's in Dayton. I couldn't tell you where that plant even used to be on today's landscape. 

• 2 weeks later...

This site is more reputable and has the registry keys to remove to make sure you got it all:  http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/26194-63-startnow-toolbar-unknown-publisher-remove

And the registry keys are from a MS forum.  I would boot it up in safe mode and delete any remaining files\folders associated with it and remove the registry keys.  You'll also need to check FF and Chrome to make sure that there isn't an extension still loaded or showing in your extensions list.

Lemme know... 

Looks like this worked, thanks!

Excellent... 

I am reading a book by Tom Clancy called "Threat Vector" and it pretty much deals with dangerous cyber warfare being generated by China. You should check it out, it's really good. Right in your wheelhouse.

Archived