"FREE" DirectTV Sunday Ticket Streaming - includes Red Zone Channel

As far as the question about the madden ultimate team.  Most of EA sports game do ultimate team which is like trading cards for a game, but you can build teams with the ultimate team cards and play other players online with that squad or against the computer.  The caveat is that there is a limited number of uses per card and they come in different levels bronze/silver/gold.  This subscription for a pack every week is awesome because you can either use in-game coins that you earn to buy madden ultimate team packs or you can purchase coins via playstation store, in my case cause i have ps3, not sure how it works on xbone.  But it is not cheap to buy these packs cause it takes awhlie to earn coins. I

I was able to sell my "Ultimate Team Pack" via eBay for $12, and got another $3 for a promo code Amazon sent me to get some Steelers from the 'roid era (Art Rooney, Franco Harris and Rod Woodson).  That's a $15 (less PayPal and eBay fees - call it $11) subsidy off the $99 I paid. 

Next, I'll take the game itself to my local Best Buy to trade it in for a $45 GC.  Partcipation varies by store, but this is a college town with lots of video gamers so I'm hopeful.  If not, well, I can dump it on eBay for another $30 or so.

Anticipated Total Cost:

$35 (Chromecast) - $24 (3 free Netflix months) + $99 (Madden 25 Ultimate) - $15 (Team Packs via eBay) + $4 (eBay/PayPal fees) - $45 (Best Buy trade in)

= $54 out of pocket for a season of Sunday Football AND a Chromecast Dongle to keep.

My understanding is that once you've logged in with your eighty-two character username and password, you can change it to something more user friendly.  I haven't done squat with the DTV thingy since activating it last week, but I plan to do that before Sunday.

Awesome. Thanks for the tip. That password is a mofo.

I was able to sell my "Ultimate Team Pack" via eBay for $12, and got another $3 for a promo code Amazon sent me to get some Steelers from the 'roid era (Art Rooney, Franco Harris and Rod Woodson).  That's a $15 (less PayPal and eBay fees - call it $11) subsidy off the $99 I paid. 

Next, I'll take the game itself to my local Best Buy to trade it in for a $45 GC.  Partcipation varies by store, but this is a college town with lots of video gamers so I'm hopeful.  If not, well, I can dump it on eBay for another $30 or so.

Anticipated Total Cost:

$35 (Chromecast) - $24 (3 free Netflix months) + $99 (Madden 25 Ultimate) - $15 (Team Packs via eBay) + $4 (eBay/PayPal fees) - $45 (Best Buy trade in)

= $54 out of pocket for a season of Sunday Football AND a Chromecast Dongle to keep.

Did it come with free Netflix, or is that the Chromecast?

I emailed DirecTV and they told me they had no idea whether there app had the capabilities to be outputted to the TV. Something tells me they aren't telling me the truth.

Do you have a mac, or just the ipad?  It's simple to just get an HDMI adapter and run it right from your computer into your HD's HDMI input.  Maximize the screen and you're good to go.  As for the app, there should be a mirror function if you have a newer model ipad or iphone that should allow you to play on your TV. 

Do you have a mac, or just the ipad?  It's simple to just get an HDMI adapter and run it right from your computer into your HD's HDMI input.  Maximize the screen and you're good to go.  As for the app, there should be a mirror function if you have a newer model ipad or iphone that should allow you to play on your TV. 

I have an Ipad 2, running Ios 6.3.1. I bought the digital av adapter but I read that some apps block output capabilities or just simply don;t allow it to project full-screen onto the TV. After the disaster that was the Sunday Ticket on the PS3, I would like to have no complications for once. I also have a laptop with an HDMI output. I could use that but I read that last year, the laptop had the worst picture quality of all possible platforms.

I have an Ipad 2, running Ios 6.3.1. I bought the digital av adapter but I read that some apps block output capabilities or just simply don;t allow it to project full-screen onto the TV. After the disaster that was the Sunday Ticket on the PS3, I would like to have no complications for once. I also have a laptop with an HDMI output. I could use that but I read that last year, the laptop had the worst picture quality of all possible platforms.

Hmmm. Interesting.  I actually had the opposite experience last year.  Beyond some week 1 glitches, the PS3 worked the best for me and was almost totally reliable.  One little thing that you should definitely do on the off-chance you are not:  Don't use wifi.  Go hard-line with the ethernet cable.  Wifi is just too unreliable/jittery.  Once I had ethernet running into either my PS3 or my laptop, I was pretty golden last year.

Also, FWIW, the NFL Sunday Ticket package through Madden in the preseason actually produced a better picture for me this preseason than the NFL's preseason live package...

Man, so much trouble just because I can't get DirecTV where I am...

FYI this promotion is not supposed to work with PS3

I really don't think you get it.  You're not watching Sunday Ticket on your gaming console.  You're watching Sunday Ticket on a PC, Tablet, iPhone, iPod Touch, or other connected device.  Anything that you can use a web browser on - go to the special DirecTV+Madden website, use the userid and password on the slip of paper included in your video game case, and watch football.

I don't have a PS3.  I have the PS3 version of this game ONLY because friends told me the PS3 version was more likely to resell for more bucks.  I have the game, the case, the slip of paper with my login credentials, and I watch football on my laptop AND my android tablet AND my iPod touch AND my android smartphone.

Try this: Put Chrome on your laptop, get a Chromecast, watch football in a Chrome tab and "cast" that tab to your TV via the Chromecast.

BTW - I'm watching the Thursday Night game, streaming live on my laptop (and Casting it to my TV via Chromecast):

1 - Go to PlayOn.com and create a free account

2 - Log in

3 - Under "Video On Demand" find the "Local Channels" button (looks like a US Flag) and click it

4 - When the channel list opens, find the NBC affiliate (I get Chicago "locals", so for me it's WMAQ 5) and click it

5 - Watch football

This will work for ALL network-broadcast games.  I don't get ESPN or NFL-N this way, so Thursday and Monday Night games are still going to be a challenge, but it looks like I'll be able to watch all but 2 of the weekly games via my laptop (and on my Chromecast) using the current setup.

If you don't have a TV nearby on Sunday but have anything with a web browser, the Bengals-Bears game will be on Chicago TV (CBS is WBBM 2) early, while the Packers-Niners game will be on late (FOX is WFLD 32).

PS - If you have an XMBC machine (like my Raspberry Pi), PlayOn works on that.  Direct HDMI output from that box to the TV - don't need to wirelessly "Cast" anything.

I really don't think you get it.  You're not watching Sunday Ticket on your gaming console.  You're watching Sunday Ticket on a PC, Tablet, iPhone, iPod Touch, or other connected device.  Anything that you can use a web browser on - go to the special DirecTV+Madden website, use the userid and password on the slip of paper included in your video game case, and watch football.

I don't have a PS3.  I have the PS3 version of this game ONLY because friends told me the PS3 version was more likely to resell for more bucks.  I have the game, the case, the slip of paper with my login credentials, and I watch football on my laptop AND my android tablet AND my iPod touch AND my android smartphone.

I was merely pointing out for those who may be interested that the username and password will not work with the PS3 Suday Ticket app.

People CAN watch Sunday ticket with their PS3, however, this promotion will not help them do it.

I am still having problems.. The app for iPhone and apple devices sucks.. It will not remember username or password and every time you close the app even for a second you have to re-enter that complicated bullshit. Also, I still get no video... I sure hope this gets fixed by Sunday.... I have looked online.. I am not the only one having these problems....

I'm having an issue where after I log in it says "You are not currently subscribed to this NFL Sunday Ticket feature." This is after I signed up for the Online only version. Anyone else having this issue? It's been about a week and I was hoping it was just because games hadn't started yet... But I don't think that's he case since last season I cold log in and at least see a list of the games....

I'm having an issue where after I log in it says "You are not currently subscribed to this NFL Sunday Ticket feature." This is after I signed up for the Online only version. Anyone else having this issue? It's been about a week and I was hoping it was just because games hadn't started yet... But I don't think that's he case since last season I cold log in and at least see a list of the games....

Everything started working fine for me yesterday... Did you update your app?

thanks for the heads-up on this Amish...I knew lurking this board would pay off someday! 

I got mine yesterday (after Amazon sent it to an old mailing address I deleted some time back) and it seems to be working fine...

I'm sure the video game is great, although I haven't played a video game since PacMan...

Just back from Best Buy.  Got my $45 trade-in value, though the bonehead behind the counter had trouble with the UPC.  I don't think their system knows that there's an Amazon-specific version of the game, so when he scanned it the machine just BLOOPED at him.

He did it again.  BLOOP.

Again.  BLOOP.

He looked at the box.  Sure enough, Madden 25.  Scanned it.  BLOOP.

And again.  BLOOP.

I just stood there, trying to stifle a laugh.  He finally called a manager over, who knew all about the Amazon version, entered his override code and scanned the trade-in with no issue.  Gave me the $45 GC and an apology for my trouble.

Hey, guys.  I was wondering, are there any AT&T U-Verse, Optimum, or Verizon TV subscribers here?  NFL Network Online is only available to those subscribers (not to my TV provider) and I can't get past the gateway screen.

Cox and Dish also work, but unlike the other three, these two aren't signed-up for the Watch ESPN service.  If I'm gonna mooch off someone to get Thursday Night Football, I may as well double-dip for Monday Night as well.  :)

PM me if you want to help out.  

is anyone having trouble logging into the sunday ticket special site?  I know that I'm putting int he password right, any thoughts?

As mentioned earlier DirecTv and Sunday Ticket are notoriously problematic week 1. Hopefully they get their shit together by game time, but dont hold your breath hoping to see the first few drives.

Just an update for those of you who were/are curious.

I watched the Sunday Ticket from Madden yesterday along with a friend who did the same.  We both had it on laptops.  It looked and worked great, but then it froze once for each of us (direcTV's site seemed like it was having problems (login)), but then we both switched to ipads and it was flawless.  My friend had his game mirrored through his apple TV to his flat-screen, and it was hard to tell any difference between his picture and regular HD through cable.

I dont think this happened to anyone else here, but I'll describe the issues i had yesterday that just got sorted out this morning

DO NOT LOGIN TO DIRECTV'S MAIN SITE. MAKE SURE YOU LOG IN TO WWW.DIRECTV.COM/EASPECIAL

I've used this service in the past, so to get to the site i used an old bookmark to the Sunday Ticket site for regular customers. I had no idea there was a completely seperate site for EA promotional customers. On top of that, when i logged in to the "wrong" site, it brought me to the "My account" page, where there was a notice saying "sunday ticket has been successfully added to your account: click here to start watching." Clicking on the link lead me to the Sunday ticket homepage with no means of launching the content.

None of the dickbags at directv were aparently aware of this issue yesterday, after i spent an hour or so on the phone while watching a shitty internet stream (before i gave up for the day and just stuck to the stream), but when i called this morning they knew all about it.

For all I know the directions on the flyer might be clear about this...but there was a link to start watching on the homepage of the account they gave me so I never thought to question it.  

Yeah, I made the same login mistake, but I figured it out pretty quickly.  Fortunately, the Sunday Ticket streams start up early enough on game day to allow you to monkey around with it well before any of the 1pm games kick off.  I think I linked in at 12:10 ET and found that the Red Zone Channel was already doin' it's thing while Rich Eisen and Michael Irvin were giving Marshal EatABagOfDicks Faulk the business over some stupid ass thing he apparently said.

The service was a B+ for me yesterday.  Some of the 1pm games would occasionally stutter or stall - that's what you get when there are 10 simultaneous games, hundreds of thousands of people streaming, and it's the first week of the season.  Peak demand by far!  I had a few technical glitches getting the Chromecast to work - mostly due to my kid insisting on sharing my bandwidth by streaming videos and playing games all afternoon.  Plus, my "casting" laptop was about 40 feet away from the dongle - anything more than 20 feet is iffy.  I'll be able to give it a more honest trial next week.  But even if I can't get it to work, my android tablet has a great HDMI-out port.  :)

Alright I got the game and ticket today. I followed the directions, going to the right website, put in the credentials. But now when I click on the 'start watching' button, i get a message that says Please call Customer Service at 1-800-DIRECTV to make changes to your programming and equipment. I also get another message: CONGRATULATIONS! NFL SUNDAY TICKET has been added to your account. Take me to NFL SUNDAY TICKET. 

But when I click to go to Sunday ticket, I just get that first message and it actually follows me down the page, while it is trying to sell me on the regular Sunday Ticket. I just got off the phone with Direct tv and told them I couldn't get service where I was, and he acted like I HAD to pay $300. Then when I started getting pissed and explained that this was online only he gave me the number and website to EA sports. This is getting annoying as hell. 

Mully, what did you do to get it fixed?

I am also getting this message in the terms and conditions: 

Terms & Conditions

Price valid for new DIRECTV customers only. If you're a current customer, please sign in to see your actual price.

Archived