"FREE" DirectTV Sunday Ticket Streaming - includes Red Zone Channel

Its been confirmed that it does not matter, where ever you are, you can use this for the online streaming for pc/tablet/phone.  They present an option and you just choose I can't get service where I live and you are good to go.

As far as the question about the madden ultimate team.  Most of EA sports game do ultimate team which is like trading cards for a game, but you can build teams with the ultimate team cards and play other players online with that squad or against the computer.  The caveat is that there is a limited number of uses per card and they come in different levels bronze/silver/gold.  This subscription for a pack every week is awesome because you can either use in-game coins that you earn to buy madden ultimate team packs or you can purchase coins via playstation store, in my case cause i have ps3, not sure how it works on xbone.  But it is not cheap to buy these packs cause it takes awhlie to earn coins. 

Its a fun feature of the game and I enjoy it and it will be awesome getting my free packs every week and these promo packs always come with really sweet and rare ultimate team cards, so I'm pumped!  Not to mention sunday ticket with red zone channel = bliss on away game days and home game days I choose not to go to the game.

I'm not sure if you can get it after preorder or not, but I'd imagine that there are very few of these left, this deal was really hyped by amazon back in may/june and I can also confirm cause I saw a question earlier, this is an Amazon exclusive deal.

Hope I didn't repeat too much info, I skipped some of the longer posts in this thread cause its getting late.

Kind of related... at least Sunday Ticket related.  The link for the DirectTV online only sign-up just showed up yesterday.  It's $300 this season instead of $250 but gets you access to Sunday ticket without having to sign up for DirectTV.

Of course, it's only for those who don't have satellite access... :whistle:

http://www.directv.com/sports/nfl-national-market

Here's the fine print for this deal:

"Exclusive to Amazon.com, the Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition combines all the innovation and authenticity of Madden NFL 25, a 17 week Madden Ultimate Team pack subscription, and exclusive offers for DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket. Each Anniversary Edition includes a special code for eligible gamers giving them the opportunity to unlock a special, 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices. For fans who are able to receive DirecTV service, a special promo code will be included entitling them to an exclusive promotion, including $10 off per month for their first year of service, and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.
With Madden NFL 25, unlock the power, precision, and creativity of the NFL ball-carrier. Whether you’re a slashing running-back, dual-threat QB, or ball-hawking safety, unleash 30 new moves and string together devastating combos with the all-new precision modifier in Madden NFL 25."

Exclusive Offers From DirecTV

• For fans who are not currently DirecTV subscribers but are able to receive DirecTV service, they will receive a promo code entitling them to $10 off per month for their first year of service and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.
  • For fans who are already DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscribers, you can access NFL Sunday Ticket on your computer, tablet, and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password.
  • For fans unable to receive DirecTV service, each Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition will include a unique code to access the 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computers, tablets, and mobile devices- including access to the award-winning Red Zone Channel.
The bit above in red is important to note!  If you are not a DTV subscriber, then when you sign up you have to tell them that you cannot get it.  This can be because you have a big tree or mountain in your yard, or because you're renting the living room from your wife and she won't let you get it, or because you live in an apartment building - make up any reason you want.  You have to indicate that you are (a) NOT be a current DTV subscriber; (b ) NEVER have been a DTV subsriber, and; (c) CANNOT be a DTV subscriber.

If you ARE a DTV customer, this deal allows you to get Sunday Ticket for $50 off and a free upgrade to ST Max - a total value of $125 (I think).

Since this is a preorder, you can cancel the Madden order any time prior to it's ship date in late August - Amazon doesn't charge until they ship.  Since this is a limited quantities deal, preordering now and (possibly) cancelling later is a better option than waiting and not being able to get this at all - IMO.

So you are telling me you have NFL ticket without directv service?

Who did you talk to when you signed up to tell them you can't get service and what excuse did you use?

Who did you talk to when you signed up to tell them you can't get service and what excuse did you use?

It's the online only service. And he explained in his previous post, he didn't talk to anyone, he just checked a box saying he met the qualifications. They appear to not be making a big deal out of the issue.

I cancelled my Sunday Ticket Subscription today with the coupon. I was even more amazed that DirecTV did not have a deal for Customers like me to keep the regular Sunday Ticket who have the Madden Code and don't care to pay $200 if i can have the same thing for essentially $40. Someone in their Sales/Marketing should be fired.

I have the NFL Sunday Ticket ONLINE ONLY (streaming) service.  This was included as a freebie as part of the Amazon-exclusive Madden 25 Anniversary Edition package. 

I did not talk to anyone at DirecTV to sign up.  The game package included an insert that had a URL and login/password information.  Go to the URL, login using the provided information... done.

As it happens, I will be primarily watching on my kitchen laptop computer's Chrome browser, which works with the new $35 Google Chromecast HDMI dongle that's plugged into my HDTV.  Fire up the browser + select my Sunday Ticket game + "cast" the browser to Chromescast = watch the game on my TV.

Note: Best Buy is offering a $45 "trade in" value for Madden 25

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcat17093&type=page

Good in-store ONLY, and may vary based on individual store participation.  You get a $45 Best Buy gift card for your troubles.  This beats the current prices on eBay ($20-25) from users who only picked up the game for the Sunday Ticket service.  And I can eBay the other "Team Awesomeness" freebie for at least $15 - will bring my net cost for Sunday Ticket down to $40 or less.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231041982362

So since we're kinda talking about Madden....

I just played mr. Vontaze Burfict himself online! He was speaking to me throughout the game but my mic for whatever reason wasn't working so that was a disappointment. It was really cool of him to take the time to play a game with a fan though, I thought it was pretty awesome. He beat my ass pretty good too! Lol.

I have the NFL Sunday Ticket ONLINE ONLY (streaming) service.  This was included as a freebie as part of the Amazon-exclusive Madden 25 Anniversary Edition package. 

I did not talk to anyone at DirecTV to sign up.  The game package included an insert that had a URL and login/password information.  Go to the URL, login using the provided information... done.

As it happens, I will be primarily watching on my kitchen laptop computer's Chrome browser, which works with the new $35 Google Chromecast HDMI dongle that's plugged into my HDTV.  Fire up the browser + select my Sunday Ticket game + "cast" the browser to Chromescast = watch the game on my TV.

Note: Best Buy is offering a $45 "trade in" value for Madden 25

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcat17093&type=page

Good in-store ONLY, and may vary based on individual store participation.  You get a $45 Best Buy gift card for your troubles.  This beats the current prices on eBay ($20-25) from users who only picked up the game for the Sunday Ticket service.  And I can eBay the other "Team Awesomeness" freebie for at least $15 - will bring my net cost for Sunday Ticket down to $40 or less.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231041982362

BTW, Amish, have you tried using the chromecast with this app yet?  I've read that the chromecast only works with just a couple of apps so far (youtube, netflix...).

BTW - If anyone else got this but isn't willing to open it until the deal has been confirmed as available to everyone WITHOUT REGARD to DirecTV's legalese double-talk mumbo jumbo... I just installed it.

It's a snap!

Instructions here: http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news-updates-gameplay/article/anniversary-edition-sunday-ticket

Find THIS THING:

amazon-sunday-ticket-9.jpg

Simply Put:

1. Open your game package and find the NFL Sunday Ticket insert... it looks like the image above.

2. Point your browser at http://www.directv.com/easpecial

3. Find and click the blue START WATCHING button.  It's in the middle of the page.

4. Find the EMAIL ADDRESS and PASSWORD fields on the page, enter the info from the Sunday Ticket insert

5. Check the Remember Me box (unless you want to enter the address/password info every time) and click the START WATCHING button

Seriously, that's all there is to it.  The season hasn't started, so you'll see a short video clip telling you how awesome DirecTV thinks they are.  If you see the video, your info works.

For those who were worried that you'd have to answer a bunch of questions about access, or your home address, or whether you have been or want to be or can be a DirecTV customer - by clicking the first START WATCHING button, you've already self-certified yourself as being eligible for the deal.  Rest assured, it really is easy peasy.

Once you've registered, go to your favorite app store and download the "DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket" app.  Use the same email address and password as above to register the device to your account.  You'll see the same short confirmation video.  I've got it working on my kitchen laptop, my iPod Touch, my Android tablet and my Android cell phone.

FOR BONUS POINTS!   If you get a Google Chromecast dongle ($35 at Amazon, backordered right now) then you can use that to watch Sunday Ticket on your BIG SCREEN TV.  Just log in to Sunday Ticket using Chrome on your laptop, Android Tablet or iPhone/iTouch, then "CAST" the video from the browser to the Chromecast.

You gotta get it from Amazon.  They've got the exclusive dealio.

I get no video...  it just pops up NFL Sunday ticket on the app after I login and sits there.....

I should say i get no video on the Ipad... I do on my computer...

I get no video...  it just pops up NFL Sunday ticket on the app after I login and sits there.....

I should say i get no video on the Ipad... I do on my computer...

FYI, it turns out that they were only doing 8 games on the thing yesterday as a tester.  No surprise that they were big market games.  Anyway, I did the same, sat there without anything with the Bengals, and then switched over to some other games and got them loud in clear. 

The quality was better than Preseason Live, in fact...

It's a bitch to have to type in those huge passwords every time though...

Got mine today. What a deal.

I'm heading up to Best Buy now to trade the game in for a Google Dongle so I can stream to my TV.

Its going to be nice to watch the SuperBowl run from the comfort of my couch, and not some damn bar where I cant even hear the sound, or some garbage link from overseas that resembles TecmoBowl.

Its been confirmed that it does not matter, where ever you are, you can use this for the online streaming for pc/tablet/phone.  They present an option and you just choose I can't get service where I live and you are good to go.

Phish / All,

Just to mindfuck this conversation a little bit more I have another variable which I wonder if anyone could provide an educated guess on.....

I reside in Australia......as such I have an ISP which indicates this......

What do you think the likelihood is this thing would work here?

I am still having problems.. The app for iPhone and apple devices sucks.. It will not remember username or password and every time you close the app even for a second you have to re-enter that complicated bullshit. Also, I still get no video... I sure hope this gets fixed by Sunday.... I have looked online.. I am not the only one having these problems....

I think there is a way to trick the system and go through a website that shows as being in the US but I can't recall the procedure right now

You should be good to go if you go through a proxy server website.  Look it up online to find out a good site that refreshes their proxies every day or so. 

Have a back up plan ready for wathcing Sunday's game...DirecTV has a history of being wildly unprepared for the first week of the season and more often than not the 1PM games are completely unwatchable

However, last year was the first (and only) year where it worked right out of the gate...so hopefully they've got this thing figured out but I'll believe it when i see it

Check out tab casting. Might be what you are looking for...

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/3228332?hl=en

That's precicely how I "Cast".  Once you get the Chromecast dongle installed and hooked up with your WiFi, go get the Chromecast extention for the Google Chrome browser:

www.google.com/chromecast/setup

Install it and reboot Chrome.  There will now be a tiny little "Cast" icon in the upper right corner.  When you click that, you'll be able to Cast any of your Chrome tabs directly to your TV via the Chromecast dongle.  I did it last night during my fantasy draft, worked flawlessly though I ended up adjusting the broadcast resolution down from 720 to 480 because I wanted to reserve bandwidth for my draft application.

I know for sure you won't get video until the 8th... The other issues hopefully are just glitches that are fixed. Those passwords and usernames are no joke.

My understanding is that once you've logged in with your eighty-two character username and password, you can change it to something more user friendly.  I haven't done squat with the DTV thingy since activating it last week, but I plan to do that before Sunday.

Archived