New Bengals Fan

IndianaFan

Just thought I would say hello. I'm a new Bengals fan. I've been occupying myself by watching all of last season's games. I've been watching football for a long time (I'm 30, been watching since I was a kid), but was mostly team-neutral. I grew up with a die-hard Cowboys fan (my mother) and even though I would pull for them, I never really cared. The first NFL game I saw in person was Cleveland (my cousin is a huge Cleveland fan and I took her to the game). I still had no loyalties, except for my lukewarm interest in the Cowboys. I decided I needed to settle on a team.

The Bengals were a logical choice. I'm from Indiana, my wife is from Cincinnati. I wanted a team that I knew I would be able to see in person, my wife approved the colors (she has her "I look good in..." colors) and, as stupid as this probably sounds, I like Bengal tigers. The connection to Cincinnati and the opportunity to see the team were my biggest push to the Bengals. It just seemed logical.

Anyway, thought I would say "hello" and try to learn about the team. Looking forward to the 2013 season. I probably won't be able to see any games in person, this year. Currently, I'm stuck in South Korea until December. Thank goodness for NFL Gamepass!

Just thought I would say hello. I'm a new Bengals fan. I've been occupying myself by watching all of last season's games. I've been watching football for a long time (I'm 30, been watching since I was a kid), but was mostly team-neutral. I grew up with a die-hard Cowboys fan (my mother) and even though I would pull for them, I never really cared. The first NFL game I saw in person was Cleveland (my cousin is a huge Cleveland fan and I took her to the game). I still had no loyalties, except for my lukewarm interest in the Cowboys. I decided I needed to settle on a team.

The Bengals were a logical choice. I'm from Indiana, my wife is from Cincinnati. I wanted a team that I knew I would be able to see in person, my wife approved the colors (she has her "I look good in..." colors) and, as stupid as this probably sounds, I like Bengal tigers. The connection to Cincinnati and the opportunity to see the team were my biggest push to the Bengals. It just seemed logical.

Anyway, thought I would say "hello" and try to learn about the team. Looking forward to the 2013 season. I probably won't be able to see any games in person, this year. Currently, I'm stuck in South Korea until December. Thank goodness for NFL Gamepass!

When you decide to go the game just post in the forums you are looking for a tailgate to call home.  Numerous people on here tailgate and tailgates add to the overall experience of game time.  IF you get a break during the season just post that you are back and looking for tickets.  Last year my friend came home from Afghanistan for a couple days and went to the game and headed back almost the next day. 

Thank goodness your wife was not from Pittsburgh...  Cowboys fans can be forgiven but never a Stealers fan...

Welcome aboard to the only Bengal forum that matters.

When you decide to go the game just post in the forums you are looking for a tailgate to call home.  Numerous people on here tailgate and tailgates add to the overall experience of game time.  IF you get a break during the season just post that you are back and looking for tickets.  Last year my friend came home from Afghanistan for a couple days and went to the game and headed back almost the next day. 

Thank goodness your wife was not from Pittsburgh...  Cowboys fans can be forgiven but never a Stealers fan...

I could never marry a Pittsburgh fan. I have my standards. I'll be sure to look for some tailgates. Looking forward to going to a game. It's a shame the only games I'll be in town for are away. Next year, though! If I'm somehow home during the season, though, I'll be there!

I can't remember his name but wasn't your friend that guy that I met when we tailgated before the Cardinals game? Wait...that was two seasons ago. Damn, I didn't get to a game all last year and alcohol has muddied my memory!

I could never marry a Pittsburgh fan. I have my standards. I'll be sure to look for some tailgates. Looking forward to going to a game. It's a shame the only games I'll be in town for are away. Next year, though! If I'm somehow home during the season, though, I'll be there!

You need to come to a game with some of these guys. It's a total hoot. All the people I've met on here are really good guys and gals and I've had a riot every time I've managed to hang out with them (well...except that one game against the Bears when whodey24k stole my keys after the game...)

;)

And to answer your other post I live pretty far from you. I'm in SE Indiana in Hidden Valley, technically Lawrenceburg...I'm essentially in a suburb of Cincinnati.

I'm hoping to be able to get to as many games as possible once I move back home for good. I told my wife that we should buy season tickets. It would work out pretty well since she wants to go down to see her family often. We could just tie it all together and hit most of the games...plus I would have a great excuse to hit the Bass Pro often. 

That reminds me, I need to go buy some Bengals gear before the season starts. Truth be told, it feels nice finally having a team that I'm really pulling for instead of just watching games (though it feels weird to becoming a fan at 30...I almost feel like a fraud).

I can't remember his name but wasn't your friend that guy that I met when we tailgated before the Cardinals game? Wait...that was two seasons ago. Damn, I didn't get to a game all last year and alcohol has muddied my memory!

It might have been him.  Not sure because he has been to a lot of the games.  Were there a lot of orange shooters being passed around at the tailgate ?  If so my memory may be a little muddied on the dates also.  It was two years ago and my memory was really screwed up at the time frame (1 year 7 months or so ago).  He did go to the games last year also. 

It might have been him.  Not sure because he has been to a lot of the games.  Were there a lot of orange shooters being passed around at the tailgate ?  If so my memory may be a little muddied on the dates also.  It was two years ago and my memory was really screwed up at the time frame (1 year 7 months or so ago).  He did go to the games last year also. 

It was the Jerome Simpson flip game so yeah, two years ago.

Archived