iPhone 4S might have kicked the bucket... any ideas?

I've had my iPhone 4S for 1.5 years (got it in Feb 2012) and it's showing its age. Battery doesn't last as long, etc. It also got a little wet a few weeks ago - not fully submerged but I was drunk and used it with wet hands, it has a few small water marks in the screen and it started randomly dialing my phone book and taking screenshots of itself. A hard reset fixed that problem.

Over the weekend I was out in the sticks and the battery ran completely dead (so dead that it didn't even show the "charge me now" screen with the empty red battery icon). I plugged it into my truck on the way home and eventually it did come back to life, but after I stopped it promptly died again. Now it will not turn on at all even when plugged into the wall. I tried the hard reset (holding Home+Power button) multiple times and it's been on the wall charger for over 8 hours. It has randomly turned on a few times and shown the charging screen, but turns back off almost immediately after.

Is my phone fucked? How much do you think it will cost to fix? 

On a side note, fuck Verizon and their new early upgrade plan, now I can't upgrade at 18mo like I used to... I was supposed to get a new phone next month!

I've had my iPhone 4S for 1.5 years (got it in Feb 2012) and it's showing its age. Battery doesn't last as long, etc. It also got a little wet a few weeks ago - not fully submerged but I was drunk and used it with wet hands, it has a few small water marks in the screen and it started randomly dialing my phone book and taking screenshots of itself. A hard reset fixed that problem.

Over the weekend I was out in the sticks and the battery ran completely dead (so dead that it didn't even show the "charge me now" screen with the empty red battery icon). I plugged it into my truck on the way home and eventually it did come back to life, but after I stopped it promptly died again. Now it will not turn on at all even when plugged into the wall. I tried the hard reset (holding Home+Power button) multiple times and it's been on the wall charger for over 8 hours. It has randomly turned on a few times and shown the charging screen, but turns back off almost immediately after.

Is my phone fucked? How much do you think it will cost to fix? 

On a side note, fuck Verizon and their new early upgrade plan, now I can't upgrade at 18mo like I used to... I was supposed to get a new phone next month!

phone is fucked, might just be the battery, but youll spend $100 getting that replaced.. if you have apple care you can get it replaced for $49. if not its $199 to get it replaced..

Archived