are any bengals fans actually GOING to bengals games?

it doesnt really explain buying tickets and then not going, for no profit...

You have a point.  I have been buying tickets on Stubhub for years and rarely do I pay much more than face for them.  With the COA and Stubhub's cut I don't see how these guys are making a profit at all.  

Maybe they are just hoping to finally catch lightning in a bottle.  3 Nationally televised games this year, if we start off well there will be money to be made.

I couldn't agree more. It's football not the opera. Wonder if Seattle fans tell others to sit ?

My girlfriend's five year old son was asked to sit down by a Seattle fan when he was standing on his seat to get a better view at his first cowboys game at Seattle. She was a middle aged woman with no obvious physical ailments who just didn't want him obstructing her view. They emphasize noise but they also play a lot of announcements for the jerk line and remind people to be courteous of others while at the stadium.

Tickets will sell as the season gets closer.

Or maybe people just don't want to watch an offense that throws the ball within 10 yards of the LoS 90% of the time.

:ninja:

I know it's a joke.    But it is true somewhat.   This town doesn't value defensive grind it out football.

You could take the last two seasons.   Not change the records and the margin of victory.   But increase the amount of points scored and given up and you would have a crowd that is more into the game.

I don't think they care if the ball is thrown 10 yards within the LOS  or running the football if it's scoring points.

Bengals could win a Defensive game 17-10 and alot of fans would call it sloppy/bad football etc.      The same group of fans would think a victory of 35-28 was a well played, well coached game.

I know it's a joke.    But it is true somewhat.   This town doesn't value defensive grind it out football.

You could take the last two seasons.   Not change the records and the margin of victory.   But increase the amount of points scored and given up and you would have a crowd that is more into the game.

I don't think they care if the ball is thrown 10 yards within the LOS  or running the football if it's scoring points.

Bengals could win a Defensive game 17-10 and alot of fans would call it sloppy/bad football etc.      The same group of fans would think a victory of 35-28 was a well played, well coached game.

I will readily admit I would much rather see the 2005 version of the Bengals winning games than the 2009 version.

2009 was like watching paint dry most of the game.

I haven't read the replies. But I try to go to at least 4-5 games a year. Probably going to make it to only two this year. (bought a 2 game pack for steelers MNF and browns). I've always wanted season tickets but I haven't been able to afford them. With a new son and two step-sons, I need to sell my condo and move into a house. But, I can't believe that there are that many tickets.. The bengals have significantly lowered prices so anyone could attend a game. I remember two years ago with aj and dalton being rookies, I didn't pay a dime over $35 for lower level side line tickets (333-seat and scalpers). But after watching episode one of hard knocks, PBS should see a boost in sales

I love going to games and I will happily take your tickets off your hands for peanuts  :whistle:

I do agree that the crowd isn't always that great. Everyone seems to come out in force for the division games though. It is nice to be able to pick up cheapies on Stubhub and go to a game whenever I want.

It must be the preseason if all we Bengals fans can do is complain about how bad Bengals fans are.  Can't wait for tomorrow night....Let's Go man!

Grab a beer and have a great time regardless if you are a bad fan or not.  It's just frikin' football... 

Our four tickets have never been given away or sold... And stubhub has thousands of tickets available per game for most teams. The Steelers game seems high, but people are probably hoping to make money on that game.

For real...when is the last time you went to a college game?  I live in Atlanta and good luck sitting in an SEC stadium

Really?  I've been to several and they sit all the time.   Loud but plenty sitting.

Big Ten and SEC. 

I honestly think you'd rather have the 2006 bengals than the 2012 bengals. An 8-8 team that didn't make the playoffs over a 10-6 playoff team.

We watch sports for entertainment, do we not? Two incomplete passes and a 3 yard run isn't very entertaining...Having a good defense is great, but I never found the Ravens to be very entertaining...

We watch sports for entertainment, do we not? Two incomplete passes and a 3 yard run isn't very entertaining...Having a good defense is great, but I never found the Ravens to be very entertaining...

Some would argue that hosting/attending playoff games/parties is quite entertaining.

To each their own. 

I'm just guessing but I'm sure Ravens fans found ways to entertain themselves despite that boring team they have.

I guess we have a difference of opinion on why we watch sports. I watch sports for the competitive side, the thrill of victory, the agony of defeat. Hoping each new season is the year we win the championship finally. The emotions that go into a game, the heart beating faster before the final play of the game with a chance to win.

Where the excitement and entertainment come out most for me is a playoff game or a big game. The excitement leading up to our playoff games was awesome, even though the hurt after the playoff losses sucked.

If I watched just for entertainment and scoring i prob wouldn't even care who won or loss. I don't care how we win a championship I just want to win. And the fact of the matter is this team is built with prob the best chance to win it all since 2005 if not 1988.

I'd say most people agree with me. Most fans want to see their team win more than anything, including the style of play.

Some would argue that hosting/attending playoff games/parties is quite entertaining.

To each their own. 

I'm just guessing but I'm sure Ravens fans found ways to entertain themselves despite that boring team they have.

Ha yeah, their games might not have been the most entertaining but I'm sure it was pretty fucking entertaining winning playoff games, playing for the afc championship, the two weeks leading up to the big game, winning the Super Bowl, partying in the streets of Baltimore, celebrating with a grand parade.

As much as it sucks thinking about the ravens fans getting all of that, the thought of that some day being me as a Bengals fan (or reds) is why I watch sports. Not for a team that puts up 40 points a game and doesn't even make the playoffs

prob the best chance to win it all since 2005 if not 1988.

2010.     People seem to forget what a shit job that season was.

Look at the teams in the Conference Champ games in 2008 and 2010 then look at what the Bengals did to them in 2009.

2010 had as much chance as this current squad.  

2010.     People seem to forget what a shit job that season was.

Look at the teams in the Conference Champ games in 2008 and 2010 then look at what the Bengals did to them in 2009.

2010 had as much chance as this current squad.  

On paper maybe at skill positions. The trenches were no where near where they are today both offensively and defensively. Not wanting to get into the 2010 Oline debate with you again, but it wasn't good. Also didn't have the leaders to control a couple of bad breaks and stop a downward slide from ruining the season.

On paper maybe at skill positions. The trenches were no where near where they are today both offensively and defensively. Not wanting to get into the 2010 Oline debate with you again, but it wasn't good. Also didn't have the leaders to control a couple of bad breaks and stop a downward slide from ruining the season.

Yeah it was.   But anyway.   2010 team had the hype like this one.

It was a shitty management of talent as you described.     

I guess we have a difference of opinion on why we watch sports. I watch sports for the competitive side, the thrill of victory, the agony of defeat. Hoping each new season is the year we win the championship finally. The emotions that go into a game, the heart beating faster before the final play of the game with a chance to win.
Where the excitement and entertainment come out most for me is a playoff game or a big game. The excitement leading up to our playoff games was awesome, even though the hurt after the playoff losses sucked.
If I watched just for entertainment and scoring i prob wouldn't even care who won or loss. I don't care how we win a championship I just want to win. And the fact of the matter is this team is built with prob the best chance to win it all since 2005 if not 1988.
I'd say most people agree with me. Most fans want to see their team win more than anything, including the style of play.

NFL marketing directs low-information watchers towards the "scoring and entertainment". And many of the LIW's do not really give a shit who wins. I see many of these experts in our own stadium (and hear them). They are walking/talking/paying media-fed cliche machines, who cry after every completed 8-yard pass and 6-yard run that "they need to go downfield more"..and "they need to be more like the Patriots"..to name a few of the thousands.

A win is "winning ugly"...regardless of how it happens. Listen to enough call-in LIW's driving home..and these are egged on by Conductors like Broo, et al.

The NFL and media hacks hate teams like the Rats. Not particularly entertaining in the present day sense. But they cover them over in a veneer of glitzy hype reels and Ray-dances.

I really don't know what they would do with a team like the Bengals. Maybe trot out the "lunch-pail" bullshit, and hope the 49ers win the next year.

I live in northern half of Ohio, and try to come down as often as possible. And I never have trouble finding seats in whichever section I choose. And there are no groups of hardcore fans that intimidate an opposing teams. Hell just the Brown's fans bring more attitude, than most Bengals fans there. And they are BROWNS FANS for Christ's sake.

Archived