Wide Receivers

How many WRs do you think we'll keep?

Normally I'd guess 6, but with Hawkins hurt, do they keep 7? With a lot of 2 TE sets, will we keep only 5 or 6 and then keep an extra TE?

And I know its early, but how would you rank them so far?

1. Aj

2. Sanu

3. Jones

4. Hawkins

5. Dane

6. Tate

7. Cobi

Would cobi make it on the PS?

Just a few different questions worth asking. What do you guys think?

at this point I think 6 with Hawkins on the IR-designated to return list.  

Green

Sanu

Jones

Tate

Sanzenbacher

Hamilton

Odds are that list will be shorter by the time Hawkins is eligible to come back.  Hawkins just relies too much on change of direction for him to be 100% anytime soon.

I think it burns whalen.  

Basically the 7th WR spot becomes a 4th TE spot.  

and of course this hawkinson injury may change everything.

Any way whalen beats out dane? I hope not. Never been a big whalen fan, although I obviously have a bias towards to osu kid.

Why is Tate on this list? I think he sucks. Cobi has the potential.

I just dont see them cutting him. Whether I want them to or not, i just dont see it.

Whalen, Hawkins, Sanu, Sazenbacher are all guys that are better suited for the slot. Tate is probably our third best outside WR at this point...

I don't dislike Whalen, but Sanzenbacher can return punts and kicks, whalen can't.  I also think Dane is the better WR.

I just dont think whalen offers a ton in the passing game. Id be a little surprised if he makes the team, depending on injuries and what not.

Anyone know why he didnt make it in Chicago? Its not like they have an awesome WR corps.

I'm in a chat on another board and the same question was raised.  Sounds like a change in coordinators may have had something to do with it.  Also the addition of Alshon Jeffrey pushed him down a rung.

Had 27 catches and 3 touchdowns in 2011.

I'm in a chat on another board and the same question was raised.  Sounds like a change in coordinators may have had something to do with it.  Also the addition of Alshon Jeffrey pushed him down a rung.

Had 27 catches and 3 touchdowns in 2011.

Might be our best option to replace Hawk in the short term (depending how they want to use Sanu).

Damn! We won the game. I guess no badass locker room speech on Hard Knocks next week.

Actually, I expect Marvin to pull one of those Brian Billick "we're not very good" speeches in the locker room.  Exactly the kind of thing they need to be hearing right now. 

1st Team O-Line got it handed to them, and 1st Team D gave up a few big plays.

Actually, I expect Marvin to pull one of those Brian Billick "we're not very good" speeches in the locker room.  Exactly the kind of thing they need to be hearing right now. 

Maybe but I don't think Marvin pulls that.

He drug them down for two practices on the road and the team showed up on game day. I bet coaches are pleased.

Plus they scrimmaged on Thursday prior to leaving. That's packing a lot in during a week.

1st Team D gave up a few big plays.

Not really. The one big gain was on a perfect play call. When you tuck all your linebackers inside AND blitz a corner you're always going to be susceptible to a good screen pass. Atlanta is one of the best bubble screen teams in the league. Mike Zimmer shouldn't be surprised they got gashed there.

1st team D looked great outside of the one blown screen play.  1st team OL dominated in the run game.  Pass pro I honestly couldn't tell ya.  

1st team D looked great outside of the one blown screen play.  1st team OL dominated in the run game.  Pass pro I honestly couldn't tell ya.  

You forgot another 31 yard pass play.

They gave up 97 yards on  14 plays, for 6.9 yards per play.  Over the course of a game you'll see roughly 65 plays.  That's a 450 yard game.  I'd call that anything but great.

They gave up 97 yards on  14 plays, for 6.9 yards per play.  Over the course of a game you'll see roughly 65 plays.  That's a 450 yard game.  I'd call that anything but great.

If you are talking about the pacman pass play, I believe a good amount of second teamers were on the field at that point. I'd have to go back and look though.

pretty sure many of the starters were out by then.  The announcers even pointed it out.  

Archived