Atlanta trip 

Hawk injury update

Hawkinson injury

AJ injury progress

More Harrison being on camera when not wanting to

More WR competition

More Gio and Eifert

F-bombs (Just kidding)

Atlanta should take up a big chunk, so they probably won't start any in-depth profiles of rookies/walk-ons trying to make the team yet, plus first cuts are still a ways off. Or are they?

looks like first custs are August 27th.  Have to get down to 75.  Then 53 by August 31st.

That's really close together.  Every team must have a game during those 3 days inbetween.

looks like first custs are August 27th.  Have to get down to 75.  Then 53 by August 31st.

That's really close together.  Every team must have a game during those 3 days inbetween.

Yeah, I think in that last week every team plays on Thursday.

I paid attention to the "next on hard knocks"

1. Atlanta - Travel to Atlanta

2. Hue and the Runningbacks.  They are going to be the hammer not the nail.  

If I remember from the last time the Bengals were on HK, the "on the next" was usually not close.

If I remember from the last time the Bengals were on HK, the "on the next" was usually not close.

Yeah, not sure how they would know what would be on next week except scheduled events like their next pre-season game, cut downs, etc... since they hadn't filmed much yet at that point.   

First pre-season game...

- Traveling to ATL

- Competition at HB / all played some good snaps

- Backup QBs

- Play of rookies - Eifert, Bernard, etc. 

- Play of backup CBs (Dre, Ghee, Adam Jones)

- Iloka's start at S

- Margus Hunt's debut

- Conner's good game, Charles' debut at FB

- Backup LB competition - Schaffer's good game, Dimanche making plays

Debo (lightning rod)

AJ / Hawk injury update, and other WRs stepping up (Sanzenbacher, Whalen, Tate, Hamilton)

Life as a rookie UDFA - Dimanche, McCalebb, etc. 

-Sanzenbacher and/or JK Schaffer would make great Ep.2 story lines.

-The backup QB battle would be good this week.  

-Vontaz would be a good story line this week, given the maiming of Stephen Jackson.  I don't need to see him golf ever again.

-I want to see Margus Hunt featured.

-I don't want to see more of those backup LBs like DiManche or Bruce Taylor.  I don't find them all that interesting.  If they focus on backup LBs, I would rather see Lemur or Schaffer.

-I think they will eventually do a piece about Eifert staying at Whitworth's house. Maybe not this week though.

I imagine we'll see the rookie skits at some point too.

Yeah, I was trying to remember when in the preseason those occurred.  IIRC it was early enough in the preseason that some of no-names were still on the team, but I guess the first cut down isn't until fairly late in preseason anyway so I couldn't place it.  I think they could make an entire show about those if they wanted to...good stuff.

I'm just glad the second one is almost here. I've watched the first one 5 times now and need some new Bengals crack.

Amen.

Archived