Bears sign Jordan Palmer, pass on JaMarcus Russell

Rumble In the Jungle

I really wanna seet this guy succeed. I like Jordan. He is a great guy and he took it up on himself to get the team together during the lockout and after his brother left to be a leader.

The Chicago Bears needed another quarterback to bring in for training camp. They did not call JaMarcus Russell.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports that the Bears signed Jordan Palmer on Friday. The move was necessary after third-string quarterback Matt Blanchard broke his hand during Thursday's preseason win over the San Diego Chargers .

The immortal Mr. Rapsheet notes that the Bears worked out Russell, Palmer and Trent Edwards during the offseason. Carson's little brother apparently was the most impressive.

We  wasted  spent quite a bit of time this offseason tracking Russell's attempted return to football, but it's hard to imagine him getting back in the NFL now. Chicago was his best chance.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000230695/article/jordan-palmer-signs-with-chicago-bears-will-be-third-qb

I always liked Jordan too. He just always took the hate around here because of his quitting brother. No, he didn't look great in what time he had on the field here, but I go back again to his college career...where he was very good. Maybe a fresh start somewhere else will be good for him.

When a team picks a guy like Jordan over a former overall number one pick like Russell...you are a bust.

meh, more to it than that, you know you arent looking for a starter, why bring all the baggage that would come with russell, media coverage, can he start, can he play, etc.. it would be almost tebow like in the level of nonsense... and with as big of an asshole as cutler is, you REALLY dont want any QB controversey... and whoever brings in russell, is going to be getting HIM back into nfl form/shape/state of mind. he is a project.. palmer II brings a veteran backup rep QB... exactly what that slot is for...the fact that the writer even brought JR into the article is a bit asshole-esque..

I can not see him even making the team never really was that great

not many 3rd string QB's are "great".....

meh, more to it than that, you know you arent looking for a starter, why bring all the baggage that would come with russell, media coverage, can he start, can he play, etc.. it would be almost tebow like in the level of nonsense... and with as big of an asshole as cutler is, you REALLY dont want any QB controversey... and whoever brings in russell, is going to be getting HIM back into nfl form/shape/state of mind. he is a project.. palmer II brings a veteran backup rep QB... exactly what that slot is for...the fact that the writer even brought JR into the article is a bit asshole-esque..

Maybe but Jordan doesn't possess the skills Russell has. Russell is just a waste of (enormous) space. He held out, signed that enormous guaranteed contract and went south. It happens I suppose, but now it looks like he's out of money and he can't even beat out Palmer II as a backup in his comeback role. Speaks volumes.

Also, yes...Cutler is a douche. I don't predict good things for the Bears, especially since Cutler is the best QB they've had since 1985.

Maybe but Jordan doesn't possess the skills Russell has. Russell is just a waste of (enormous) space. He held out, signed that enormous guaranteed contract and went south. It happens I suppose, but now it looks like he's out of money and he can't even beat out Palmer II as a backup in his comeback role. Speaks volumes.

Also, yes...Cutler is a douche. I don't predict good things for the Bears, especially since Cutler is the best QB they've had since 1985.

he is a douche, but a talented douche. It would be tough being a Bears fan, I would hate him...yet have to root for him.

yea russell has some personal issue, some deaths in his family, and lost his mental focus pretty bad. and didnt seem like he had much support around him to get through it.. so a complete meltdown happened. 

i think early/mid season would be a good time to give russell a roster spot for someone.. if a backup gets hurt, etc, just slide him in there in a situation where he could never unseat the starter, as an IN into the league.. he lost the weight and got in shape.. id love to see how he can play..

That's the understatement of the year.  2/3rds of the 1st string QBs are not great.   Totally agree with your assesment, Jordan is there to throw BP and do so with NO drama.  Most Bears fans won't even realize he was in the organization come October.

That's the understatement of the year.  2/3rds of the 1st string QBs are not great.   Totally agree with your assesment, Jordan is there to throw BP and do so with NO drama.  Most Bears fans won't even realize he was in the organization come October.

Actually they probably WILL notice him as he'd be the second best QB they've had since McMahon after Cutler.

:lol:

Archived