Who do you Love/Hate

JC

A lot of drafts coming up here soon.  I've made a list of guys I want and would not touch.  Just curious to get some people's take.  Maybe a reason or two why you like/hate the guy.

Guys I really want:

Brees- I've never had this guy on a fantasy team.  He's always consistent.  I'm not sure about his receiving corps, but he is going to get his numbers regardless.

Spiller-I know he has injury concerns, but this guy might just be the top RB in PPR leagues.  I really think he is going to have a big year.  Hopefully his QB does not hold him back.

Dez-I think Dez is going to have a big year.  

Fitzgerald-I think old Fitzy is going to get his mojo back with Carson.

Guys I hate:

Rodgers- Not that I wouldn't take him if the price/spot was right, but his line is bad, running backs are questionable and his receivers are getting banged up.

I could single out a running back, but i dislike a lot of them.  Someone please talk one of them up and make me love them.  There are too many question marks.

Roddy White- I don;t think he is going to do very well this year.  Not sure why, but I just feel like Julio/Gonzo/Jackson are going to steal his spotlight.

Please discuss and talk give me a reason to love/hate someone.

Kind of a sloppy post, with not very much analysis at this point, but i'm in a hurry.  I'll be back to it later.

I hate Cam Newton.    He was a top scorer last year but it seemed to be hit or miss.   Big/Huge weeks combined with bad weeks.

You should love Rodgers as he is more consistent and while that bad O-line could get him injured it also keeps him throwing instead of giving to a RB.

Yeah.  I was a bit harsh in regards to Rodgers.  I do an 8 team leage and if he somehow reaches me in the 3rd, he's mine.  I'm going RB/RB in every snack draft I'm in this year.  Not enough running backs this year.

Yeah.  I was a bit harsh in regards to Rodgers.  I do an 8 team leage and if he somehow reaches me in the 3rd, he's mine.  I'm going RB/RB in every snack draft I'm in this year.  Not enough running backs this year.

If it's the same league as last year as far as scoring.     Try to cross check the top picks with the championship team.  

I'd let that decide what positions you draft first.   I'm in one league that everyone is crazy RB.    They have yet to figure out Rodgers and Brees have led the champion or runner up the past couple years and they always flip out when those guys are taken in the first round.

It's very hard to beat a team that has week to week consistent scoring that those guys bring over the course of the season.   The critism is alway rationalized by looking at total numbers.    They'll say the top QBs only score 70 more points than guys you get in the 4th round. 

Well,  first that's 70 points.   Second is that doesn't account for the week to week highs and lows.  

We go 12 man team. 8 seems way too easy. Nothing crazier than scrambling the waiver wire looking for a starter for a couple weeks.

Its just a small family thing we started up last year.  Most of them had never even played FF before. I try to keep it simple or else it becomes not fun.

If it's the same league as last year as far as scoring.     Try to cross check the top picks with the championship team.  

I'd let that decide what positions you draft first.   I'm in one league that everyone is crazy RB.    They have yet to figure out Rodgers and Brees have led the champion or runner up the past couple years and they always flip out when those guys are taken in the first round.

It's very hard to beat a team that has week to week consistent scoring that those guys bring over the course of the season.   The critism is alway rationalized by looking at total numbers.    They'll say the top QBs only score 70 more points than guys you get in the 4th round. 

Well,  first that's 70 points.   Second is that doesn't account for the week to week highs and lows.  

Yeah. I like that idea.  I know the league winner had Brees last year and I ended up trading for Rodgers and got trounced on an off week by AP and Rodgers.

I saw something by Matthew Berry that mentioned going for guys who are consistent scorers rather than guys who put up lots of points in bunches.  That gets you wins and into the playoffs.  Once you get there, anything can happen.   I think Brees falls into this category at QB very well.  Peyton as well.  Rodgers was a little inconsistent last year. 

I'm looking to get consistent runnings backs in the first two rounds.  Doug Martin and Alfred Morris look to be good from where I'm sitting.  Trent Richardson and Ray Rice could also fall into that category.   Get a guy like Brees/Graham/Marshall in the third. All of them are locks to give you consistent point totals and work my way down and try to find gold later in the rounds.

I made a lot of mistakes going for boom or bust guys last year.  Run DMC/Demarco Murray/Julio Jones/Chris Johnson and even though I ended up doing well, I ended up getting trounced by guys that were just more consistent in the playoffs. 

I went most consistent last year and it paid off. Took a chance on Peyton but it worked out.

Rice and Fred Jackson with a Spiller handcuff at RB. I also had Frank Gore as my #3. At receiver I took Greg Jennings who was supposed to be consistent but ended up getting hurt. I also took Reggie Wayne and traded Fred Jackson for V Cruz before Jackson got hurt. I try to pair my WRs with legit QBs. Worked well last year for the most part. Oh yeah, also had Gates, but he sucked.

Archived