Landry Jones is gonna be a very good nfl QB.

GoBengals

I wanted this dude so bad out of the draft this year.. he was a monster his junior year in college. 4,500 passing yards, 38TD and only 15 INT. he lost some receivers his senior year and still went for 4300 and 30td/11int.

he is a pure passer, throws 30-40 yards on the money perfect spiral, guy is a natural passing QB... all of the arm strength and talent in the world... when ben finally breaks, this guy will step in and be dangerous...

playing with scrubs in the cleanup role curently... but shit this guy will be good.

LJ's #1 kryptonite by far is, & always has been pressure, esp. up the gut. Give him a clean pocket & there's not a throw he can't make. If he ever gets over slamming the panic button when there's adversity on the play, watch out.

thats something that can be taught/learned.. 

you cant teach a midget noodle arm to throw 52 yards on target on a dead spiral, but you can teach footwork, reads, and calm.. i hate the smart QB with physical limitations draft picks.. its a get-by pick.. and one that wont get you very far...

bengals are lucky enough to ride the defense and whatever aj green can pull out of the air like a magician...

and LJ has 1-3 years to sit back, learn and develop most likely... hell of a situation for that guy to be in...  his passes are so crisp and accurate... pure passer.

LJ's #1 kryptonite by far is, & always has been pressure, esp. up the gut. Give him a clean pocket & there's not a throw he can't make. If he ever gets over slamming the panic button when there's adversity on the play, watch out.

That is most QBs kryptonite. Even the one's with wheels are only good for a few years until their 40 time creeps up due to age.

The best QB's are either great at detecting and eluding that pressure, or facing it until the last possible moment to complete the pass (or both). They've gotta have ice water in their veins. A few like The Rapist can shrug off defenders and take a massive amount of hits due to their strength and size, but that'll get you in the end. The running QB's just get hurt a lot. 

no one is that stupid.(to take dalton)

very insightful

Lol he is gonna be a bum just for being a steeler, but on the real he is on a team with an aging line no proven rb and mediocre wr's and size comparison to Dalton, jones is 6'3 220 and Dalton is 6'2 222 and if you look at college acomplishments jones is nowhere close to Dalton, I'm not saying Dalton is montana or brady but he as good if not better than landry jones

rmYIHzF.gif

you cant teach a midget noodle arm to throw 52 yards on target on a dead spiral, but you can teach footwork, reads, and calm.. i hate the smart QB with physical limitations draft picks.. its a get-by pick.. and one that wont get you very far...

bengals are lucky enough to ride the defense and whatever aj green can pull out of the air like a magician...

and LJ has 1-3 years to sit back, learn and develop most likely... hell of a situation for that guy to be in...  his passes are so crisp and accurate... pure passer.

You're assuming all QBs learn. How many QBs out there had/have all the attributes you ever wanted but just couldn't get it? Never had the mind? The leadership? The ability to adapt? There's a ton of them.

A bunch of Jamarcus Russell's would look pretty cool, but when you get out there and you can't put it all together, you turn into crap and bring the team with you.

We are very lucky to have grabbed AJ and Andy in the same draft.

Lol he is gonna be a bum just for being a steeler, but on the real he is on a team with an aging line no proven rb and mediocre wr's and size comparison to Dalton, jones is 6'3 220 and Dalton is 6'2 222 and if you look at college acomplishments jones is nowhere close to Dalton, I'm not saying Dalton is montana or brady but he as good if not better than landry jones

You might want to take a look at LJ's career at OU. I'm very happy with the RR & happen to think he'll be the better pro due to my aforementioned concerns (which I'm pulling for him to get over big time, even if it's w/ Pitt) but his college career doesn't take a backseat to AD at all.

True. Fortunately we don't have a midget noodle arm QB.

Do you get the haterade intravenously?

Apparently this team doesn't want real QBs anyway. Dalton's the starter and they're going to cut the strong-armed John Skelton in favor of Josh "I can miss a screen pass by 15 yards, but I'll be kept anyway to prove that our OC's brother didn't bust on a draft pick" Johnson.

Apparently, you're still butt sore because Francisco told you something you thought you could gloat about, only to find that both he, and you were going to be the point of derision and ridicule.

If the QB position only took an arm, we would have a heck of a lot of stars. Harrington, Carr, Leftwich, Leaf, and Russell would all be Hall of Fame bound... and Jeff George would be the greatest QB of all time.

Kid throws a pretty spiral, but he was the 7th QB drafted in a draft I think was bad for QB's for a reason.

From what I remember of the draft, he has a big arm, can make all of the throws, and can play well when he gets protection. He's also not very mobile, and folds when pressured... To me, that sounds a lot like John Skelton. I don't think John is going to be a very good NFL QB, and I don't think anyone's been able to teach him not to suck under pressure.

If the QB position only took an arm, we would have a heck of a lot of stars. Harrington, Carr, Leftwich, Leaf, and Russell would all be Hall of Fame bound... and Jeff George would be the greatest QB of all time.

Kid throws a pretty spiral, but he was the 7th QB drafted in a draft I think was bad for QB's for a reason.

From what I remember of the draft, he has a big arm, can make all of the throws, and can play well when he gets protection. He's also not very mobile, and folds when pressured... To me, that sounds a lot like John Skelton. I don't think John is going to be a very good NFL QB, and I don't think anyone's been able to teach him not to suck under pressure.

yep.  The QB position continues to be 80% mental, 20% physical.  It still surprises me that there's people that don't get that.

Also, no QB makes it to the NFL anymore if their arm strength is a concern.  If you're an NFL QB, you're arm is plenty strong enough to be successful.  Everything else is mental.  

Case in point, Montana and Brady will go down as two of the greatest QB's ever.  Neither have rifle arms, but were masters at the mental part of the game. 

Archived