Daugherty gets ripped about Votto

BengalBacker

106 does seem like a high strikeout number for him though.  Isn't he usually around like 30?

In a 150 game season he is up around 100.  For his career he strikes out once every 4.6 AB, this year it's once every 4.2.

Personally, in ABs with a RISP I would like to see him swing at "balls" that are close that he can hit.  I think he is going too far in only swinging at strikes.

Or if he is going to take a walk with a guy on 2nd or 3rd, bat him in the 2 spot.

In a 150 game season he is up around 100.  For his career he strikes out once every 4.6 AB, this year it's once every 4.2.

Personally, in ABs with a RISP I would like to see him swing at "balls" that are close that he can hit.  I think he is going too far in only swinging at strikes.

Or if he is going to take a walk with a guy on 2nd or 3rd, bat him in the 2 spot.

If he takes a walk with guys on 2nd and 3rd, he leaves bases loaded for Phillips. You'd rather Votto swing at a bad pitch than have Phillips up when he knows he's getting strikes?

Instead of coming up with issues with our best player, the focus should be on giving the opponents a reason to pitch to Votto. They pitch around him because they can. When first base is open, there's a good chance Votto will be walked. That's why sacrifice bunting with the #2 guy is a dumb move yet they've done it a good amount of times.

Phillips is having a poor year yet has great RBI. Wonder why.

If he takes a walk with guys on 2nd and 3rd, he leaves bases loaded for Phillips. You'd rather Votto swing at a bad pitch than have Phillips up when he knows he's getting strikes?

Instead of coming up with issues with our best player, the focus should be on giving the opponents a reason to pitch to Votto. They pitch around him because they can. When first base is open, there's a good chance Votto will be walked. That's why sacrifice bunting with the #2 guy is a dumb move yet they've done it a good amount of times.

Phillips is having a poor year yet has great RBI. Wonder why.

I said "or".  :)

I don't have an issue with a lot of the walks he is taking.  But there are times I wish he would be a little more aggressive.  There are really only 2 guys consistently driving in runs right now.  I like that Votto is scoring a lot of runs, but there are times this team needs him to drive them in.

Quick story:

The year 2007.   The team: Cincinnati Bengals.   The player: Chad Johnson.

Through a number of games in the first half of the season Chad Johnson was on pace to break or come damn close to Jerry Rice's single season yardage mark.   A record at the time prior to rule changes was thought to be damn near untouchable.   The team was having a below expectations year largely due to a bad defense managing to drop to lower levels of play.  

Paul felt the need to single out Chad.  Suggest a trade as he viewed Chad was the problem with the Team's under performance.    The begining of Chad drama.

What the hell?  Let's try Votto.

IMO, Reds are a damn good team having a damn good season.   Unexpectedly the Cardinals and Pirates were on an extended hot streaks having better seasons to date and unfortunately that's all in the same division.   Yes, Reds need more consistent offense.   I wouldn't look at Votto.   I'd look at the bottom half of the line up, but that is about as much fun as pointing the finger at the 2007 Mash Unit Bengal LB core.  

Ignore Paul. 

Quick story:

The year 2007.   The team: Cincinnati Bengals.   The player: Chad Johnson.

Through a number of games in the first half of the season Chad Johnson was on pace to break or come damn close to Jerry Rice's single season yardage mark.   A record at the time prior to rule changes was thought to be damn near untouchable.   The team was having a below expectations year largely due to a bad defense managing to drop to lower levels of play.  

Paul felt the need to single out Chad.  Suggest a trade as he viewed Chad was the problem with the Team's under performance.    The begining of Chad drama.

What the hell?  Let's try Votto.

IMO, Reds are a damn good team having a damn good season.   Unexpectedly the Cardinals and Pirates were on an extended hot streaks having better seasons to date and unfortunately that's all in the same division.   Yes, Reds need more consistent offense.   I wouldn't look at Votto.   I'd look at the bottom half of the line up, but that is about as much fun as pointing the finger at the 2007 Mash Unit Bengal LB core.  

Ignore Paul. 

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH SCHARM YOU BASTARDS

Archived