Bengals start their releases

I was very impressed with what I saw of Sharp. I'd love to think "automatic touchback" after every Bengal KO. I would have been tempted to keep him. I hope we don't regret this cut

I agree. Nuge better play well. We've let 2 good kickers get away. Brown did it when it mattered last season and Sharp was fantastic !

I thought Sharp would last until final cuts. It wouldn't be surprising if his agent asked for him to be released early so he has a chance elsewhere. AZ or GB maybe.

Seems made to order to cut now - there is no way he makes the 53 or PS, barring injury.  Get him on speed dial in case Nuge gets nicked up.

If someone snatches him up, good for him and we look around for someone else as the option.  There will be about 30 more K's released in the next week or two.

Seems made to order to cut now - there is no way he makes the 53 or PS, barring injury.  Get him on speed dial in case Nuge gets nicked up.

If someone snatches him up, good for him and we look around for someone else as the option.  There will be about 30 more K's released in the next week or two.

Theres only currently 14 teams with more then one kicker and some may carry two during the year.

Then it is hardly likely there will be much demand for Sharp.

Just like last year having Josh Brown and a few other kickers available to us, there's always a stable of decent kickers to choose from. Dan Carpenter just got released by the Cards already.

In all honesty, it was a little weird that they'd release six and not declare the rest. Considering that the team was off on Sunday with two scheduled practices from now until the deadline, what could they learn about the players on the bubble that they haven't already learned?

But it's possible that the Bengals may only have to cut one.

With fullback Chris Pressley, quarterback Zac Robinson and running back Bernard Scott possibly landing on the Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform list, the Bengals can move those players to the in-season PUP, reducing their number to 78. How can the Bengals do that before the season? It's not prohibited and the Tennessee Titans actually announced a similar move with Kevin Walter on Monday.

Cincinnati can follow that up by placing linebacker Aaron Maybin (ACL) Brandon Joiner and Sean Porter (torn shoulder labrum) on Injured Reserve. Maybin Joiner suffered an ACL injury last week during practice and the team is reportedly deciding whether or not Porter requires season-ending shoulder injury.

Now that number is down to 76, leaving one player that the team will have to release prior to the deadline.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2013/8/26/4660476/how-the-bengals-can-release-one-and-be-within-the-75-man-roster

#Bengals six moves: Otis Hudson, Jason Weaver waived, Zac Robinson & Chris Pressley PUP list, Sean Porter IR, Brandon Joyner waived injured.

If Joiner is not claimed by another team, #Bengals will add him to regular IR.

Surprised that B. Scott wasn't PUP'd to keep Weaver around a bit longer.  I thought he looked OK and might be a PS candidate for the next round of cuts (he was the 3rd sting OT against Dallas, right?)...  Scott must be close to healthy but I find it hard to believe he has a shot to make the squad as he doesn't provide anything on ST that Rex or Herron do.

No surprise on Robinson, Pressley, Joiner or Porter (to anyone other than HaydenM) though.

Archived