Bengals start their releases

Questioning cutting a decent player isn't freaking out or acting like its a travesty.
It was pretty clear watching camp and pre season how it was gonna shake out. I just thought Jc proved himself on the field and would help the team.

Just because a player was cut today doesn't mean he is done with this team. The Bengals just have to get to 53 today. They can still cut and bring back players over the next several days. Connor will probably not be back but still need to wait and see what the team does because they're still going to be more changes. I want to wait and see what the roster looks like next week before I question any moves.

He's only finished inside the top 20 of field goal % once in his 3 years here. His career is not as good as you think. 

if you are looking for jaded stats, they are easy to find. kinda like having to put peoples stats "in perspective" to pretend they are good.

Last year, Nugent was 100% under 40 yards, which doesnt sound like much, ut he was one of only 8 kickers who had a minimum of 20 kicks on the season..

Nugent was then 7/11 of long kicks, which frankly, is pretty damn good for non-gimme kicks..

not to mention how often we toss him out there to try a ridiculous kick at the half or otherwise.. he even hit a 55 yarder... he isnt a top 3 kicker by any means.. but he is a top 10 kicker...

you dont just throw away a top 10 player over a short term showing of another one.

in 201 he was top 8 % wise

in 2010 he only had 19 kicks, 12/12 under 40 yards, 3/7 deep, hitting a 54 yard long

43 of 46 collectively under 40, where you expect your kicker to be automatic... 93.4%, two of three years being 100%

i will never understand fans need to get rid of above average players... 

not to mention, the golden child(somehow) josh brown, has a career 81% FG percentage(same as nugent, with a much smaller sampling pool), only hitting over 90% on the short stint with the bengals since 2004. putting a whole lot of stock in those 12 attempts he had...

4 times as the starting kicker he was in the 70%'s range..

in no way does he threaten Nugent as a viable starter... Nugent is averaging tossing 100 points on the board each of the last two seasons..

changing players for fun isnt wise, especially on special teams. 

Boom and Roland cut

These two cuts I was expecting.

Means Burkhead made it.  Also, Means that Hawkinson, Pollak, Robinson, and Collins are the backup o-line guys (they keep 9 imo).

Boom played well but Burkhead is a bit more versatile and plays like an extra TE in the passing game.

Roland, thank God.  Hawkinson's versatility made him expendable imo.  Btw everyone questioned the Hawkinson pick.  He's done nothing but impress so far.  The team scouts and coaches know more than we do.

bengals_logo.jpg

Cincinnati Bengals

Cuts to 53: FB John Conner, WR Cobi Hamilton, RB Daniel Herron, OT Dennis Roland, LB J.K. Schaffer

Cuts to 75: WR Jheranie Boyd, CB Terrence Brown, LB Jordan Campbell, G Otis Hudson, DT Vaughn Meatoga, TE Richard Quinn, K/P Quinn Sharp, OT Jason Weaver

How the fuck you cut boom? Daaaaamn
What is going on???

Same deal as Hamilton. You can only carry 53 players(and that includes Hawkins.) We all knew there were going to be some tough cuts coming. Here they are. I like the depth of this team just about everywhere but LB(and we're already one key man down there.)

Roland, thank God.  Hawkinson's versatility made him expendable imo.  Btw everyone questioned the Hawkinson pick.  He's done nothing but impress so far.  The team scouts and coaches know more than we do.

You can leave me out of that "everyone".  I've been yelling for them to get some depth on the OL for a long time.

I'd also take this as an indication Whitworth isn't going to miss much time.

3rd & 1 vs Ravens or Steelers in December 20 degrees and wind blowing. Who do u want, fullback or Charles ?

Very good point..  When they decided to go with Coates as opposed to a FB I cringed, and didn't they come back the next year with a FB?

Really. I can't fathom why you are shocked by some of the things you are shocked by. It was pretty predictable. We're talking about a late draft pick who had a 50/50 shot at best.

He's shocked because he outperformed the player he was up against (Whalen) draft position had nothing to do with this.

I would have liked to kept Schaffer.

But thanks for letting Dennis "tackle eligible" Roland go.

No need to thank them yet. They still get to bring back a player once Hawkins goes on the IR exemption. Maybe they think Roland is the guy who will clear waivers. It certainly doesn't have to be a WR.

Archived