The 2013-2014 Ohio State Football Game Discussion Thread!!!

Jason

He was walking without a limp on the sidelines and Urban said he could have gone back in if they needed him.

I'm aware.

It is an MCL injury. Walking/ running in a straight line while wearing an incredibly stiff brace is not the issue. An MCL sprain is a potentially long injury.

See -> https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.massgeneral.org%2Fortho%2Fservices%2Fsports%2Frehab%2FMedial%2520collateral%2520Ligament%2520Injury%2520(MCL)%2520Rehabilitation.pdf

It comes off as if they are playing down his injury. Example, it was called an MCL sprain before he left the playing field. I dunno, how about a few pictures of those ligaments to ensure no tearing, prior to declaring a diagnosis. Also, Cal is horrid. As in they barely beat Portland State today. No reason to risk injury for that. Play Guiton, but allow Braxton to warm up just in case. I don't see anything wrong with this concept. Our late season hinges on Braxton's health.

Last week in Michigan, the Wolverines’ band mocked rival Ohio State with a script “OHNO” during its halftime performance.

ohno.jpg

Via BTN.com

“The Best Damn Band In The Land” got its revenge at halftime of the Buckeyes’ win over San Diego State Saturday. The Buckeyes staged a game show called “Are You Smarter Than a Wolverine?” — mashing together skits from The Price Is RightJeopardyFamily Feud, and Wheel of Fortune. The band learned the entire routine in just four days.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VztAMzzjH0I#t=666

osuband.gif

Flawless victory.

osuband1.gif

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/09/ohio-states-band-fires-back-at-michigan/?app_data=%7B%22pi%22%3A%22522de8ff3c99bc1f3c00001f%22%2C%22pt%22%3A%22wall%22%7D

I am going to the Florida A&M game!!!!

This will be the first OSU game I have ever been to!

sweet..

I don't go to a lot of Buckeye games, like one every other year.... I went to the Bucks and Cal last year... I do love going to the shoe though.

My buddy and his wife went to the game yesterday.. They live in San Fran...thye invited me out, but the money is a little tight right now.

the defense is young and hopefully just needs experience.

3 sophomore starters, 6 junior starters, 2 senior starters.

By my count 7 new starters, including the entire DL and 2 of the 3 linebackers.  

The thing is, I am not seeing what was expected from Noah Spence, and Washington, when he has played, has been nearly invisible.  Those 2 were expected to be studs.

Shazier is playing well, but Curtis Grant is starting by default right now.  He is solid against the run, and can lay the wood, but is not good in coverage.

The secondary has played reasonably well, but the line needs to generate more pressure.  Hopefully they get Schutt back soon.

The thing is, I am not seeing what was expected from Noah Spence, and Washington, when he has played, has been nearly invisible.  Those 2 were expected to be studs.

Shazier is playing well, but Curtis Grant is starting by default right now.  He is solid against the run, and can lay the wood, but is not good in coverage.

The secondary has played reasonably well, but the line needs to generate more pressure.  Hopefully they get Schutt back soon.

didn't spence have 3 sacks Saturday?  He had at least 2.

didn't spence have 3 sacks Saturday?  He had at least 2.

I wasn't keeping track during the game, and unfortunately I can't find defensive stats at my usual sources.

Edit: Per ESPN he was credited with 1 sack against Cal.

Ohio State honors daughter of Ohio sportscaster with helmet decal

Posted by Kevin McGuire on September 20, 2013, 8:33 PM EDT
osumariatiberidecal.jpg?w=159

Ohio State will take the field Saturday against Florida A&M as a considerable favorite. Those watching the game will probably notice a new memorial sticker on the back of the football helmet with the initials “MT.” Ohio State’s football team will be paying tribute to the daughter of longtime Ohio sportscaster, Maria Tiberi. Tiberi, an Ohio State student, was killed in a car accident earlier in the week.

According to a report by The Columbus Dispatch, Tiberi was driving south on I-270 and struck a tractor-trailer that had stopped in traffic. Tiberi was taken to Grant Medical Center in Columbus, where she was pronounced dead.

She is the daughter of Dom Tibero, an award-winning sports anchor for 10 TVwho has covered Buckeyes football dating back to the 1980s.

Kudos to the Buckeyes for reaching out and paying tribute to a member of the Buckeye community.

Photo courtesy of 10 TV Buckeye Blitz (via Facebook)

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/20/ohio-state-honors-daughter-of-ohio-sportscaster-with-helmet-decal/

Archived