The 2013-2014 Ohio State Football Game Discussion Thread!!!

Jason

Isn't that Urban Meyer's first BCS bowl loss?

yea.  Urban outcoached himself IMO.

The Ohio State offense likes to play uptempo and take it to defenses.  In the first half, they bled the clock trying to keep the Clemson offense off the field.  All that did was allow the Clemson D to stay in it and not get out of sorts.  When Ohio State started going uptempo on the last drive of the first half, Clemson couldn't stop them.

Not sure what Urban was thinking at the end of the game.  They got a little lucky that it worked out initially, but he wasted more than a minute of clock by not using his timeouts, and it forced them to have Miller throw an ill advised pass trying to make a big play happen.  Not to mention Miller was playing injured and probably shouldn't have even been in the game.  The INT happened because he simply didn't have the arm to throw the ball over the linebacker.  

Our D needs to execute fundamentals. Tackling was atrocious, and our secondary was Swiss cheese. I'm not even sure Roby would have made a big difference. With that said, if Urban looks in the mirror and is honest with himself, he will have to make some changes on the defensive staff.

truth

wow, it was a hard fought game. if brown wouldn't have muffed that punt I think it would have been a different outcome. seemed to be the turning point.
and Kenny G. should have been in there at the end, Miller was hurting.

Oh I think we win that game easily if not for the muff. Werent we up 9 at the time late in the 3rd quarter? I think we score there and put that game away...

Yeah, the muffed punt changed the momentum.

Good news today though, OSU picked up 2 4 star DB commits at the Army All America Bowl - Erick Smith (S) and Marshawn Lattimore (CB/WR).

yep.. good stuff...

Thought it funny when Smith announced and gave it away that they were both going there.

They should get some PT early..damn do we need the help.

Archived