The 2013-2014 Ohio State Football Game Discussion Thread!!!

Jason

daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, what a game. I don't think a game this close should cost them anything since it's a big rivalry game but I don't think they could hang with Alabama though.

f4a5f3c0-74bb-403a-af5f-a4a583b28c3e_MIC

Actually, I think we match up better with Bama than FSU.  Bama is a running team and our run defense is pretty good.  And our offense can play with anyone.

it shouldn't, its well known that you can throw the record and it seems like talent level out when this game is played. but even if it does, do you think they are ready to face a top 1 or 2 team? to me it looks like this defense needs another year

I'd rather get the chance and lose than never get to find out.

I think the 40 days off will do wonders for the D.  6 of the front 7 being new starters.

agreed, would be good to find out.
this is going to be interesting to see what the polls do. would anybody be surprised to see Auburn jump the bucks?

Not really.

So I root for aTm tonight then South Carolina next week.

I'm trying to figure out how a close win over Michigan for OSU translates into a title game from the Big Ten conference against FSU when the #4 ranked team beat the #1 ranked team in the SEC today. Does Auburn have a loss? I honestly do not know. If both teams are undefeated I don't see how OSU doesn't get leapfrogged in the standings by Auburn to play in the title game. I hate how college football is decided. Either way, I don't think either Auburn OR OSU can defeat FSU.

I'm trying to figure out how a close win over Michigan for OSU translates into a title game from the Big Ten conference against FSU when the #4 ranked team beat the #1 ranked team in the SEC today. Does Auburn have a loss? I honestly do not know. If both teams are undefeated I don't see how OSU doesn't get leapfrogged in the standings by Auburn to play in the title game. I hate how college football is decided. Either way, I don't think either Auburn OR OSU can defeat FSU.

Auburn is 11-1. Their loss came at LSU.

If OSU beats Michigan St gotta believe they're in.

Just one non-BCS fan's opinion, but it would be illogical to think that a miracle finish, one-loss team, will jump in front of two unbeatens.

Then again, the BCS has never been logical either.

But I was thinking a curious thought this morning: if you are Michigan State, you really can't lose next week. You go to the Rose Bowl whether you win or lose. Amirite?

Just one non-BCS fan's opinion, but it would be illogical to think that a miracle finish, one-loss team, will jump in front of two unbeatens.

Then again, the BCS has never been logical either.

But I was thinking a curious thought this morning: if you are Michigan State, you really can't lose next week. You go to the Rose Bowl whether you win or lose. Amirite?

yea that's likely right with Michigan State according to predictions, though I'm surprised they'd pass on a chance at say Alabama.  

As for Auburn, two miracle finishes really.  Georgia had them beat 2 weeks ago until a tipped hail mary(ish) pass got them a last second win. Plus a 14pt loss to LSU.

It will be interesting but I'd be pissed if a team that has lost like 7 games since we last lost somehow jumped us.

If people think we only got to 24 straight wins cause of any easy schedule then put us in that nc game and let everyone find out once and for all. Even if you don't like osu it will give them the chance to either prove themselves elite and extend the winning streak to 26 or lose the winning streak and people can stop talking about it.

It will be interesting but I'd be pissed if a team that has lost like 7 games since we last lost somehow jumped us.
If people think we only got to 24 straight wins cause of any easy schedule then put us in that nc game and let everyone find out once and for all. Even if you don't like osu it will give them the chance to either prove themselves elite and extend the winning streak to 26 or lose the winning streak and people can stop talking about it.

Agreed. I think the only way you can beat OState is to out score them. They are going to put points on the board.

Archived